Can we all agree...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Please tell me you're joking. It will never happen but saying you wouldn't take Bale because he may not fit in? You wouldn't take Ronaldo or Messi either? may ruin the chemistry. The lad is world class and holds a special regard for the club if there was any realistic possibility of him wanting to come back we should pay just about any price.

I'm not sure anyone could actually pass on Ronaldo and Messi, but it's a closer call than Bale. The team would have to carry the former two defensively, which may not ruin the chemistry, but it would change the ethos of the team spirit which has carried us this far. Bale is behind the other two in ability (though he has a few years on them), but he would be much more likely to let his ego go and work as part of the unit. He has the defensive skills given his initial position as a FB and I think his struggle during his first years with us has made him more humble.

I'm not sure anyone could actually pass on Ronaldo and Messi, but it's a closer call than Bale. The team would have to carry the former two defensively, which may not ruin the chemistry, but it would change the ethos of the team spirit which has carried us this far. Bale is behind the other two in ability (though he has a few years on them), but he would be much more likely to let his ego go and work as part of the unit. He has the defensive skills given his initial position as a FB and I think his struggle during his first years with us has made him more humble.
mate my point was it is madness to suggest we wouldn't want him back. Position can be argued but he is one of the best footballers on the planet period. I mean we are debating over bringing in Austin, Pato and Berahino ffs.

There isn't a single football club in the world that wouldn't take Gareth Bale (bar maybe BArcelona) so to suggest we wouldn't want him his just silly. I get some still feel like jilted lovers and we have done well moving on from him but I am just being real here if he said he wanted to come back and we could afford him everyone would be creaming themselves (and rightfully so)

Last edited:
mate my point was it is madness to suggest we wouldn't want him back. Position can be argued but he is one of the best footballers on the planet period. I mean we are debating over bringing in Austin, Pato and Berahino ffs.

Oh, I know. Might not have made it clear, but I was trying to emphasize your point further. There's some superstars where the disrupetive influence might outweigh their ability no matter how good they are (I wouldn't want Zlatan anywhere near our club for instance). Even comtemplating passing on bringing Bale would be sheer madness because he brings world class ability combined with more work ethic than ego.

Fuck him!
Fuck his ego!
Fuck his hair!
Fuck his pinned back ears!
Fuck his pathetic heart celebration!
Fuck his solo laps of honour around WHL!
Fuck him, he loves someone else.
22542.jpg

Fuck him then?

After 4 games I had a mate (Leeds fan...lol) banging on about how even Palace were gonna finish above us and we wouldn't be in the top 6. Challenged him to a wager and said name the price.

He didn't message me back after Defoe scored last night.
Just like that silly old twat Warnock who was harping on about "ee, bye-gum, I reckun Pallis will finish abuv Spurz, me" a couple months back on Talkshite.

"Ee, I reckun Pallis av got a better teem than them Spurs, me"

Fuck off, you silly old twat.

Post below from one of the most staunch Spurs hating Gooners i know.

And Mourinho says Spurs can win the league every year lol
Except this time he might be right. Something is very wrong with the world when Spurs are being talked about as genuine title contenders but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

Hard to beat, no real weaknesses, well drilled by a decent coach and in a season where everyone else is all over the place. Stranger things have happened.

Obviously I hope they crash and burn under the weight of expectation but it's not that much of a push to say this is the best Spurs team I can remember. iIf you don't win something before the inevitable Kane/Alli exodus, you never will.

And my response:
Its the first time I can remember where I'm more concerned about losing our manager than I am about losing any individual players.

This isn't a "great" Spurs team. Not as good imo as the Redknapp team that was last being touted as league contenders with King, Modric, VDV, Bale etc... in it. By comparison there isn't a huge amount of individual talent in this squad, not many real "flair" players, its very raw, but Poch has got us so well drilled and brimming with confidence, plus we are the fittest team in the league. He's an expert at making the team look better than the sum of its parts as Liverpool found out last season.

With a relatively small squad his system works so well with multiple players being able to play in a number of positions, interchanging during games. Our CB pairing is solid as.

I kept a lid on this before as i didn't want to get all "Leicester City" but if Levy was to change a habit of a lifetime and actually buy a game changer in January, then you have to say we would have as good a chance as anyone. Failing that I can't see it, the league is there for the taking this year but we're a stupidly young team, this run will end eventually and we still lack that cutting edge in front of goal when it comes down to it.

Back
Top Bottom