Can we all agree...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

... Sin bin and one week ban for any poster suggesting we will challenge for the title this year?

I took comfort in the fact that we didn't win today when I realised that the board would be littered with "title contender" nonsense if we did, and then I see people are posting this elsewhere and I'm thinking - FFS! Our title challenge is as strong as West Ham's, Leicester's and Crystal Palace's. That said, those clubs and ours probably have a batter shot at the title then Chelsea this year.

So yeah - if you (the poster) suggest were going to challenge for the title I am beg repoint you and requesting you hit the sin bin. Anyone else with me?

If Man Utd are title contenders. So are we.

I suppose it depends on whether you think Man Utd are title contenders, I suppose.

... Sin bin and one week ban for any poster suggesting we will challenge for the title this year?

I took comfort in the fact that we didn't win today when I realised that the board would be littered with "title contender" nonsense if we did, and then I see people are posting this elsewhere and I'm thinking - FFS! Our title challenge is as strong as West Ham's, Leicester's and Crystal Palace's. That said, those clubs and ours probably have a batter shot at the title then Chelsea this year.

So yeah - if you (the poster) suggest were going to challenge for the title I am beg repoint you and requesting you hit the sin bin. Anyone else with me?

I fear that your relentless positivity may land you in trouble one day.

:pocheyes:

If Man Utd are title contenders. So are we.

I suppose it depends on whether you think Man Utd are title contenders, I suppose.
The league is really weak, but we're not title contenders. We can challenge for top 4 imo. We played a great game and should probably had all 3 points today, but let's not get carried away

The league is really weak, but we're not title contenders. We can challenge for top 4 imo. We played a great game and should probably had all 3 points today, but let's not get carried away

In context. 100/1 is outrageous when the team we outplayed today are 13/8, the team we thrashed are odds on, and the team that needed an own goal to beat us are 7/1.

I don't want to be repetitive, but it bears repeating: after 12 games, the only team to score a winning goal against Spurs in this competition this season is, er, Spurs.

Again, I invite you to stop what you're doing and consider that fact for a minute.

:pochohshit:

There are 26 games left. That's 78 points to play for. Now I'm not going to be saying until mathematically impossible we are still in the chase but I haven't seen much to say that even at this stage, you can rule us out. Being carried away is saying it'll be a cake walk. Top four is on, winning the league is POSSIBLE.

You took comfort in the fact we didn't win the NLD?....literally what are you doing here?

CqXePFo.jpg

Also, don't say ''as strong as West Ham''..we are far better than them, therefore have a far better chance.

You should be banned just for suggesting Spam are on our level.

189.gif

Agreed. Crystal Palace is also fanciful. Leicester I don't dismiss.

I particularly liked the ballsy way I've been called out: "the poster".

Classy bloke in every possible respect, the OP. Clearly.

Nope, we cannot agree on that. Obviously we're still a way off being title challengers. But if we're into sin binning people for having unrealistic expectations, then there's a bit of a list to go through before getting to people claiming a title challenge being on.

As of right now, we're a lot closer to a title challenge than a completely indifferent season, which quite a few people were screaming was already a reality once September rolled around without a striker and a defensive mid signed.

Be a positive fella, and get them binned first :pritchardeyes:

There are 26 games left. That's 78 points to play for. Now I'm not going to be saying until mathematically impossible we are still in the chase but I haven't seen much to say that even at this stage, you can rule us out. Being carried away is saying it'll be a cake walk. Top four is on, winning the league is POSSIBLE.
That's exactly the thing, there's 26 games left

In context. 100/1 is outrageous when the team we outplayed today are 13/8, the team we thrashed are odds on, and the team that needed an own goal to beat us are 7/1.

I don't want to be repetitive, but it bears repeating: after 12 games, the only team to score a winning goal against Spurs in this competition this season is, er, Spurs.

Again, I invite you to stop what you're doing and consider that fact for a minute.

:pochohshit:

Something you should consider -betting odds are not about x teams actual chances of winning a league, cup, match or a corner. It's based on how people have actually laid their stakes, and nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom