Can we all agree...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

its still just wasted ££ if u bet it on something thats not going to happen. but i guess its up to them what they spend their ££ on.

You are saying this like you have the freakin' Sports Almanac in Back To The Future 2. You don't know that we won't win the league as much as the people that think we will win the league.

To quote the honorable Juicy Sushi Juicy Sushi :
I have no idea where we'll finish, but I intend to enjoy every minute of it.

The champions are normally a team that have great belief. The question I'm asking is which team has more belief than Spurs.? You can have false belief which is where you think you're better tha you are which might apply to Leicester for instance, they don't have the underlying quality or squad depth.

But if we are lucky with a lack of injuries I think we have true belief, built on genuine ability and knowing what it is the manager wants you to do and in working as a team. Our team attitude is second to none this season. Poch has the team believing they will win each game. He has them certain that they won't lose, barr one game blips.
Look at Woolwich: do their players really believe they are good enough as a team? I think they doubt. Were they to get all their players back from injury and start scoring and defending well then that could change later in the season, but right now, no chance.
City: I don't know if they really trust their manager is good enough. Though I think they have the most belief, second to us. They certainly have more quality and depth.
Utd: they are full of doubt. Only results are propping them up at the moment.
Liverpool have great belief at the moment but they know they lack quality.

I think the champions this year will finish with a low points tally compared to most other seasons. Every team is losing games....well, apart from us (and Leicester tbf.)

I think we have a great opportunity and the belief to keep picking up the points. And I'm a Spurs fan, I'm used to disappointment, so I'm happy to be optimistic. I think people will join me when we beat Chelsea and even more people when we're within a couple points of top at Christmas.

You are saying this like you have the freakin' Sports Almanac in Back To The Future 2. You don't know that we won't win the league as much as the people that think we will win the league.

To quote the honorable Juicy Sushi Juicy Sushi :

of course not. but if u go down that route u could say we could get relegated.
and I could say, u don't know that we wont get relegated.

that is true. but I don't realistically think we will get relegated.
but I am not going to be scared to say we wont get relegated just because I don't know for a fact that it we wont.
we will not get relegated.

& I am not going to say I will enjoy anything that happens like u lot.
I wouldn't enjoy losing our remaining games.
& even though I know that wont happen, we aren't allowed to say that unless we 100% know its a fact.

just ignore me. I just get annoyed with things like TV programmes pretending anyone can win it etc.
just to make viewers think ooohhh we better watch it. anything can happen. u cant say 100% Leicester wont win the title. this so exciting. little Leicester might win the bloody league.

sorry, but I can't just go round thinking we can get relegated or win the title this season when I truly believe neither are realistically possible.

but that's not a criticism of u guys. its good u are more open minded and think we can go down or win the title.
makes things much more interesting & exciting for u.

rather than me limiting the possibilities by thinking we will finish between about 6 positions. 3rd-8th.

& even more amazingly, u intend to enjoy whatever happens. even if its relegation.
go sushi!

its like if I buy a lotto ticket I don't realistically think I will win the jackpot just because its possible.
I buy it thinking realistically I will probably get £0 but have an ok chance of winning a few quid.

but be good to buy it and starting dreaming that I will win it every time.

but don't worry, I don't go round telling people they wont realistically win the jackpot, so stop dreaming!

3rd of the season gone putting in decent performances against the big teams and 4 points of top, I doubt we will win the league but how can anyone dismiss it so easily? If we beat the chavs and with the following games after that even ill start believing - for now tho I'm expecting a spursy moment/month

Time to gamble
Mission: #bringbackbale

Then we can win this fucking thing. And I will cry big soapy tears
Not for me. As great as he was, right now we're playing as a cohesive unit and I'm not sure how much he'd fit into that considering the manner of his last season with us. I don't know if I'd want the unity disrupted.

Not for me. As great as he was, right now we're playing as a cohesive unit and I'm not sure how much he'd fit into that considering the manner of his last season with us. I don't know if I'd want the unity disrupted.
Looks like we maybe close to signing Pato!

Not sure about Pato, he seems like in of them guys that was thought to have huge potential because he had a high FIFA rating when he was young,
Poch seems to be getting most of it right with his recruitment though.
Seems like a guy that Levy will like too, get them cheap and then there's the potential for a huge sell on

Not sure about Pato, he seems like in of them guys that was thought to have huge potential because he had a high FIFA rating when he was young,
Poch seems to be getting most of it right with his recruitment though.
Seems like a guy that Levy will like too, get them cheap and then there's the potential for a huge sell on
Yes Poch is getting it right at the moment: If its his call for Pato then fair enough: We need another striker and you would think Poch has earned the right to get his player!

tban_62.jpg

of course not. but if u go down that route u could say we could get relegated.
and I could say, u don't know that we wont get relegated.

that is true. but I don't realistically think we will get relegated.
but I am not going to be scared to say we wont get relegated just because I don't know for a fact that it we wont.
we will not get relegated.

& I am not going to say I will enjoy anything that happens like u lot.
I wouldn't enjoy losing our remaining games.
& even though I know that wont happen, we aren't allowed to say that unless we 100% know its a fact.

just ignore me. I just get annoyed with things like TV programmes pretending anyone can win it etc.
just to make viewers think ooohhh we better watch it. anything can happen. u cant say 100% Leicester wont win the title. this so exciting. little Leicester might win the bloody league.

sorry, but I can't just go round thinking we can get relegated or win the title this season when I truly believe neither are realistically possible.

but that's not a criticism of u guys. its good u are more open minded and think we can go down or win the title.
makes things much more interesting & exciting for u.

rather than me limiting the possibilities by thinking we will finish between about 6 positions. 3rd-8th.

& even more amazingly, u intend to enjoy whatever happens. even if its relegation.
go sushi!

its like if I buy a lotto ticket I don't realistically think I will win the jackpot just because its possible.
I buy it thinking realistically I will probably get £0 but have an ok chance of winning a few quid.

but be good to buy it and starting dreaming that I will win it every time.

but don't worry, I don't go round telling people they wont realistically win the jackpot, so stop dreaming!

Not TLDR......just can't read

I think bale is being primed to take over from Ronaldo as the main man at Madrid.
I think bale will have a big role to play for Madrid over the next few years.
it looks like Ronaldo will leave in the summer.
Ronaldo to PSG looks likely.

After 4 games I had a mate (Leeds fan...lol) banging on about how even Palace were gonna finish above us and we wouldn't be in the top 6. Challenged him to a wager and said name the price.

He didn't message me back after Defoe scored last night.

Please tell me you're joking. It will never happen but saying you wouldn't take Bale because he may not fit in? You wouldn't take Ronaldo or Messi either? may ruin the chemistry. The lad is world class and holds a special regard for the club if there was any realistic possibility of him wanting to come back we should pay just about any price.

Please tell me you're joking. It will never happen but saying you wouldn't take Bale because he may not fit in? You wouldn't take Ronaldo or Messi either? may ruin the chemistry. The lad is world class and holds a special regard for the club if there was any realistic possibility of him wanting to come back we should pay just about any price.

IF we cd get Bale back then the sky would be the limit!

He's genuinely World Class ffs!

Back
Top Bottom