Can we all agree...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In context. 100/1 is outrageous when the team we outplayed today are 13/8, the team we thrashed are odds on, and the team that needed an own goal to beat us are 7/1.

I don't want to be repetitive, but it bears repeating: after 12 games, the only team to score a winning goal against Spurs in this competition this season is, er, Spurs.

Again, I invite you to stop what you're doing and consider that fact for a minute.

:pochohshit:
yeah but again people are forgetting the big difference between drawing & winning.
we dont win enough games to win the title.

we arent top 4 & people say we can win the title.
top 4 is our realistic target.

1 kane injury away from disaster.

i wouldnt sin bin people for saying we can win the title.
but it just setting yourself up for a fall & to be disappointed.

id be delighted with 4th. not think oh we really could have on the league. missed chance there. damn it.

no chance of us winning the title.

il give anyone 1000/1 if they like. il sell the house if we win the title to pay u all your winnings.

seriously, u would be just given me free ££.

i mean, the leagues crap! why cant we win it!
njie is superb back up for kane.
place your bets now.

There are 26 games left. That's 78 points to play for. Now I'm not going to be saying until mathematically impossible we are still in the chase but I haven't seen much to say that even at this stage, you can rule us out. Being carried away is saying it'll be a cake walk. Top four is on, winning the league is POSSIBLE.
its not realistically possible though.

Also, don't say ''as strong as West Ham''..we are far better than them, therefore have a far better chance.

You should be banned just for suggesting Spam are on our level.

189.gif
you got to expect leicester & hammers to fall away.
i actually think southampton are better than west ham

I think 3rd/4th is up for grabs and if we can finish there it would be amazing. That would secure CL football for our last ever season at WHL. That would be incredible.

Oh god I hadn't even thought about that. Have been keeping my expectations very low all season and just enjoying having a young, hard-working team with a clear identity. But now I really really want CL football at the lane for one final time!!! Come on Poch do it for us please!

yeah but again people are forgetting the big difference between drawing & winning.
we dont win enough games to win the title.

we arent top 4 & people say we can win the title.
top 4 is our realistic target.

1 kane injury away from disaster.

i wouldnt sin bin people for saying we can win the title.
but it just setting yourself up for a fall & to be disappointed.

id be delighted with 4th. not think oh we really could have on the league. missed chance there. damn it.

no chance of us winning the title.

il give anyone 1000/1 if they like. il sell the house if we win the title to pay u all your winnings.

seriously, u would be just given me free ££.

i mean, the leagues crap! why cant we win it!
njie is superb back up for kane.
place your bets now.
I'll take that action.

£1.

Not much point in living if you can't enjoy good moments for fear of what others might say when they come to an end.
huh? u cant enjoy yesterdays performance unless u say we can realistically win the league.

u can enjoy yesterdays peformance & not think we are going to win the title.

Something you should consider -betting odds are not about x teams actual chances of winning a league, cup, match or a corner. It's based on how people have actually laid their stakes, and nothing more.
exactly. way more people would have backed utd over us. so the bookies would adjust there odds accordingly.

Some people never fucking learn. We were title challengers in Harry's final season and we know how that turned out. A decent run and people get carried away. Every. Fucking. Time.:pochfacepalm:
whats more strange is that we are actually outside the top 4 & havent even win half our games.
people are being mis-led by the unbeaten run.

id understand it more if we were top & winning most of our games.
even then it would still be a big ask to keep up that form.

Winning the title is hugely unlikely. We don't have the manpower to compete with City, despite the shagging we gave them. Draws against Stoke and Swansea will always hamper our season. I reckon we have a good shout of hitting top 4. But even that will be a tough ask.

We need to start burying teams when we are ahead of them. How many times have we had a draw from winning positions this season so far?

exactly. way more people would have backed utd over us. so the bookies would adjust there odds accordingly.

So when the market initially opens and no one has placed a single bet Manchester City and Chelsea would have been the same price and Bournemouth and Watford? :avbcringe:

Fucking hell, I'm just glad that some of the posters here aren't doing Poch's job.

'Don't be misled by our unbeaten run, lads, we're one injury away from disaster and will never sustain this form. Repeat after me: "We cannot and never will win the Premier League title." Now - back to the beep tests.'

So when the market initially opens and no one has placed a single bet Manchester City and Chelsea would have been the same price and Bournemouth and Watford? :avbcringe:
no. i meant the way they adjust it.
obviously the normal things are taken in to consideration.
then it gets adjusted on results & backers.
my point was utds odds compared to ours will always look a bit harsh on us due to the amount of people backing utd compared to us.

Fucking hell, I'm just glad that some of the posters here aren't doing Poch's job.

'Don't be misled by our unbeaten run, lads, we're one injury away from disaster and will never sustain this form. Repeat after me: "We cannot and never will win the Premier League title." Now - back to the beep tests.'
once again u missed the point.
also if we sustain this form we dont win the title.
we are 5th
& why do u think what u post as a fan & what u would say as a manager would be the same??!!
& actually poch dismisses the unbeaten run a lot.
he says its all about the present.

A few weeks ago I didn't think we had a chance of top 6 but now I think we have a realistic chance of top 4 if and only if Harry stays fit or we buy a good back up for him in January.

Title unlikely but really this league is wide open!

Chavs look fucked
Bindippers are 2 seasons away
Manure are going to get found out soon and are just scraping results but they did that under SAF
Citeh are favourites but it nconsistant and we stuffed them royally
Woolwich also grind out results and must have been delighted with the result yesterday

So my prediction for what it's worth (absolutely nothing)

1. Citeh
2. Woolwich
3. Manure
4. The mighty Spurs
5. Bindippers
6. Chavs

Palace, Spam, Soton, Everton, Leicester all knocking on the door and will cause problems for top 6

Premier wide open and 100/1 against us must be worth a punt!

:levyeyes:

once again u missed the point.
also if we sustain this form we dont win the title.
we are 5th
& why do u think what u post as a fan & what u would say as a manager would be the same??!!
& actually poch dismisses the unbeaten run a lot.
he says its all about the present.
I bet Christmas is great round at your place. In fact I'll give you 1,000/1 on it.

Back
Top Bottom