Benjamin Stambouli

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is this player? Has he ever played for us in a match?
Do you not watch the matches we play? :) He's played mainly in Europa, but only 20 minutes in the prem.

Really don't understand why he's not getting PL starts, he looked good for Montpellier last season (I think he was their skipper too?) and I love his aggression when he's played in the EL. Also, he's not one to shy away from screaming at his team mates - a quality we seem to be in dire need of...

I think Pochettino intends to use him, but (as I've posted before) his fitness seems way off what is required so far. He looks totalled after the first half, which isn't much use having a player who will have to be subbed at half time.

I think Pochettino intends to use him, but (as I've posted before) his fitness seems way off what is required so far. He looks totalled after the first half, which isn't much use having a player who will have to be subbed at half time.

Somewhat alarming that a professional footballer is having fitness issues in November, under a coach who reportedly runs double training sessions.

Somewhat alarming that a professional footballer is having fitness issues in November, under a coach who reportedly runs double training sessions.
I'm not entirely convinced its a fitness issue, but I could be wrong. I think that Poch would have pulled him aside and made him work alone to get his fitness up to scratch.

I personally think the problem is that he isn't the player Poch wanted. He made it clear that he wanted Schniederlin and we ended up with second best in Stambouli.

I don't want people to think that I'm slagging off Benji because I personally like him and would like to see him break into the team for BPL games, I just feel that his isn't what Poch wanted.

Well he's clearly fit but I'm talking fit enough to be in the centre of the park pressuring the opposition for ninety minutes. I don't know if he was carrying an injury, or his fitness was already below the others when he joined, but he seems knackered after half time.

I'm getting sick of the 'poch/AVB didn't get what he asked for' theory - they got a squad of players, a huge squad of players and by all accounts a decent youth set up. Plenty of managers would jump at the chance - and in the non football world if you get ajob as manager of a department or firm you lead it, mould it, train it to do what you want - or cunts start getting the chop.

I'm getting sick of the 'poch/AVB didn't get what he asked for' theory - they got a squad of players, a huge squad of players and by all accounts a decent youth set up. Plenty of managers would jump at the chance - and in the non football world if you get ajob as manager of a department or firm you lead it, mould it, train it to do what you want - or cunts start getting the chop.
The problem is they aren't given the time to do so. My point was that Poch wasn't given the resources he wanted to mould it to what he wants

The problem is they aren't given the time to do so. My point was that Poch wasn't given the resources he wanted to mould it to what he wants
I hear what you are saying but given the 100m expenditure last year, the general tightness of the board, the fairly well known (or perceived) football management structure at the club - Poch must have had an idea what he was signing up for, and Levy would have made it clear he'd get players/inherit players and its up to him to get the best out of them.
Plenty of managers seem able to work with what they have, organise the team, find the right balance - without handpicking players they want. Pulis is a recent example.

I hear what you are saying but given the 100m expenditure last year, the general tightness of the board, the fairly well known (or perceived) football management structure at the club - Poch must have had an idea what he was signing up for, and Levy would have made it clear he'd get players/inherit players and its up to him to get the best out of them.
Plenty of managers seem able to work with what they have, organise the team, find the right balance - without handpicking players they want. Pulis is a recent example.
I would agree with you but successful managers always get the players they want. Pulis still go the players he wanted mid-season hence why palace stayed up comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom