Benjamin Stambouli

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Real talk, Stambouli is Algerian. FA wanted to sign him up to play alongside Bentaleb, but he said he dreams of France. Wont give up on our dream though, so Spurs might be missing two CDMs come January.

Sorry, my brain's fried at the moment. Not reading things well.

1) That's because you haven't tasted the sweetness of AFCON qualifiers. 2) Morocco. You going?

Saw someone mention he was poor in the Forest thread, I thought he was actually pretty decent last night. He looked knackered but he was making some important challenges/interceptions and seems to be quite a aggressive player, in that he doesn't shy away from 50/50 challenges.

What did everyone else make of his performance last night?

Saw someone mention he was poor in the Forest thread, I thought he was actually pretty decent last night. He looked knackered but he was making some important challenges/interceptions and seems to be quite a aggressive player, in that he doesn't shy away from 50/50 challenges.

This was the first time I've been able to watch him play, and I can't say I was particularly impressed. Hopefully he just had a bad day?

I really don't understand why we persist with signing mediocre foreigners when we have homegrown talent coming through who could do the exact same job, if not better?

I like him. He wasn't as good as his debut but I felt he was trying to be a spark in our flat performance. He is very aggressive as he actually tries to win the ball with a tackle or fierce pressing. I also like the way he carries the ball into space drawing out players rather than passing it in front of a defence.

His passing was a bit wayward last night but in the two games I have seen him play he has shown passion and a very positive player. I like him.

Only watched second half. Looked slow, terrible passing, bad movement off the ball. Hopefully it's him getting used to higher dozes of training, a new team, and trying to hard to make shit happen in the game when noone else did.

Yesterday, him being subbed gave us the win.

Passing was poor yesterday but he was good other than that, hard to judge a player after two and a half games but he's looked tidy so far and puts his body on the line when he tackles, nothing I've seen of him would make me think he's mediocre though, unsure how you can reach that assumption based on his performances so far.

He looked knackered yesterday, which would have affected his performance. Not sure if it's a hangover from the Europa League last week (took a knock didn't he?) or maybe he's still getting used to the supposedly tough training sessions that Poch employs.

I like him. Works his socks off and competes for every ball, he provides that grit that we lack. I love a well timed tackle as much as a cleaver bit of skill. IMO these small things define a team and give it personality. Still early days and based on the couple of games he has played he still doesn't get ahead of Capoue and Mason.

Capoue is so influential when dropping between the CB's with his passing, so much of what we do is dictated by him. Mason is great winning the ball high up the pitch and creating attacks, he finds a killer pass and is always looking for a positive option, be that bring the ball forward or pass it forward.

We have (touch wood) not had real injury problems yet, but I believe these will come and we'll be glad we have such depth in the central midfield position, between Capoue, Mason, Stambouli, Dembele and Bentaleb. Poch's challenge is to manage the situation with the players, for now.

We have (touch wood) not had real injury problems yet, but I believe these will come and we'll be glad we have such depth in the central midfield position, between Capoue, Mason, Stambouli, Dembele and Bentaleb. Poch's challenge is to manage the situation with the players, for now.

Don't forget Paulinho ;-)

Back
Top Bottom