Benjamin Stambouli

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he was average last night. Neither he or Dembele pressed claims for a starting spot. Both left our defence exposed quite a bit
Dembele has no excuse, he has been with us long enough to not be excused. Stambouli on the other hand is new and seems to be settling well. He isn't getting a great amount of game time yet so his match fitness might not be tip top and he will be cautious of making too many mistakes. Cut the guy some slack I think he done quite well.

Dembele has no excuse, he has been with us long enough to not be excused. Stambouli on the other hand is new and seems to be settling well. He isn't getting a great amount of game time yet so his match fitness might not be tip top and he will be cautious of making too many mistakes. Cut the guy some slack I think he done quite well.
I'd say if the 2 were lined up together it would be Stambouli's job more than Dembele's to provide the defence some protection. The Capoue role while Dembele had the Mason role. I've loved the way Stambouli has gone so far and have actually said I'd like him to come in for Capoue but last nights performance wasn't one of his better ones. Asteras carved us up quite a bit and a portion of that blame does have to sit with Stambouli.

He seems knackered after half time in all of his appearances, I think he's quite a way off the fitness needed for league games. Perhaps an option off the bench when closing games out.

I'd say if the 2 were lined up together it would be Stambouli's job more than Dembele's to provide the defence some protection. The Capoue role while Dembele had the Mason role. I've loved the way Stambouli has gone so far and have actually said I'd like him to come in for Capoue but last nights performance wasn't one of his better ones. Asteras carved us up quite a bit and a portion of that blame does have to sit with Stambouli.
I agree to an extent. It was his role to provide defensive cover yes but the whole team slackened completely off. I don't think you can completely put the blame on Stambouli.

I agree to an extent. It was his role to provide defensive cover yes but the whole team slackened completely off. I don't think you can completely put the blame on Stambouli.
Not at all they've all got to take responsibility for a poor showing. The so called natural leaders in the side last night Fazio, JV and Stambouli should have got them up and about as difficult as it would be away to a crowd of about 15,000

Not at all they've all got to take responsibility for a poor showing. The so called natural leaders in the side last night Fazio, JV and Stambouli should have got them up and about as difficult as it would be away to a crowd of about 15,000
A small crowd and a 2-0 lead, I don't like to see it but they are going to slacken off. If we were playing tougher opposition then maybe we wouldn't (I certainly hope we wouldn't) but against a lesser team it happens all the time.

A small crowd and a 2-0 lead, I don't like to see it but they are going to slacken off. If we were playing tougher opposition then maybe we wouldn't (I certainly hope we wouldn't) but against a lesser team it happens all the time.
Have to learn to hold it together for 90+mins all the time.

I thought it was interesting that Dembele and Stambouli seemed to have reversed roles in the game. At times, I noticed Dembele was playing deep in front of the CBs and Stambouli more forward. It was almost as if Poch wanted to see what they could bring in the opposite role - an in-game trial, so to speak.

He was brilliant against sunderland when he came on! I like what I've seen so far
I think he's been improving in every game played - hopefully would soon reach sufficient fitness level for a PL start in place of Capoue

I thought it was interesting that Dembele and Stambouli seemed to have reversed roles in the game. At times, I noticed Dembele was playing deep in front of the CBs and Stambouli more forward. It was almost as if Poch wanted to see what they could bring in the opposite role - an in-game trial, so to speak.
Yes and imo Dembele spread the ball well but slows play too much

Dembele stood out at Foolham. We bought him, been very average for us. He needs a big game, influence a game to convince Poch and us supporters he's worth a place in the squad let alone 1st X11.

How long is it until this guy gets a game, Capoue has been woeful and I really like the energy that Stambouli injects and I think he would be very good next to Mason in either a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2.

Any reason as to why he wasn't even in the squad today? I have liked what I've seen from Stambouli from his short time at the club. I mean even from the odd sacred YouTube video he looks impressive, I doubt the same could be said for Capoue.

He just needs a run of games in central midfield. I'd prefer him alongside Dembele as I feel they would both compliment each other best out of all the central midfielders we have. Though that could just be me wanting to replicate the Sandro/Dembele partnership from 12/13.

I just hope he gets his head down, works hard in training and gets his chance in the first team. I mean how many non-games is Capoue going to sleep through before finally being dropped? It's no surprise our last three league goals have come with that fool off the pitch.

Any reason as to why he wasn't even in the squad today? I have liked what I've seen from Stambouli from his short time at the club. I mean even from the odd sacred YouTube video he looks impressive, I doubt the same could be said for Capoue.

He just needs a run of games in central midfield. I'd prefer him alongside Dembele as I feel they would both compliment each other best out of all the central midfielders we have. Though that could just be me wanting to replicate the Sandro/Dembele partnership from 12/13.

I just hope he gets his head down, works hard in training and gets his chance in the first team. I mean how many non-games is Capoue going to sleep through before finally being dropped? It's no surprise our last three league goals have come with that fool off the pitch.

I agree with everything you say except for the idea that you would like to see him next to Dembele. I honestly think that he would be excellent next to Mason. They are both ready made for the system and style of play that Pochettino wants to implement, they are both high energy which is critical.

With Stambouli alongside him I think Mason can be allowed to do exactly what he does best, he is our only midfield player that looks to move the ball forward every time he has it, whether that be a pass or trying to beat a man. I would love to see his pass map compared to someone like Capoue. Stambouli would carry a lot of the defensive burden and allow Mason to influence the game in a more attacking sense.

Back
Top Bottom