Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 10th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He felt his left as he was sitting on the ground,then the physio stretched his right🤣🤣🤣
To be fair to him he was walking away without a limp and standing watching the game when it kicked off with McGinn. He’s a warrior and expect him to be fit for Fulham. If not then that worry that we might have to play Royal or Davies is gone.

Who?

I know the Liverpool City game is a potential title decider but fuck me, our game being shown live was like a real inconvenience to Sky. Pretty much all the discussion up to kick off was about that game, then as soon as ours finished, a quick whizz round the studio pundits for a comment then straight back to the Liverpool City discussion.

I know I shouldn’t bother because it’s only what I expect.
I expect the same from MOTD tonight, think I'll just watch it on Spursplay instead!

10 from 21, not all of them starts, first season in the team?

“Still not great” is a bit harsh.

Sport Wow GIF by Celtic Football Club

Need to be hitting them 20 goal season numbers, just to be considered good. If not, your shit.

Last edited:
Spot on, and nice to hear that he feels the same as some of us:

I keep saying that that's the area of the park where I don't think we've got bang for our buck, considering how hard (contd)

Agreed, but I think we are starting to see the forward line is starting to come together as a viable unit - can certainly be improved upon , with maybe another forward player coming in this summer.

Currently :
Son - Excellent finisher but ageing so might not be as fast as he once was. He'd still be good for us next season and good for up to 20 goals a season.

Richarlison - Target man who should be good for 15 - 20 goals a season

Johnson - Still young at age 22, Fast, can be direct, good crosser. Currently playing as a RW but could play striker role. 4 goals and 6 assists so far this season - think he will be good for up to 20 goal involvements next season

Werner - Currently on loan but with 2 goals and 2 assists in 422 minutes. If he continues in this sort of form I suspect we'll sign him permanently for circa £20m (but highish wages). Speedy experienced versatile forward who again can contribute goals/assists.

Kukusevski - Hasn't been as prolific as his first 6 months at Spurs, but always fit, hard to knock off the ball and seems to get more 'passes before the assist' than goal involvements now. Versatile able to also play as a CM, invaluable in a smaller squad.

Veliz - Seems to be solely a marksman, not involved in hold up play. Still only aged 20, we'll see how he fares on loan at Sevilla and pre-season which may determine if he stays with Spurs or is loaned out again next season.

Maddison plays as a CM but gets a lot of goal involvement too : may upgrade on Lo Celso to get a good Maddison alternate to add to the squad,

Unusually we have a handful of youngsters who could add to the squad, albeit might need a year or two on loan - Scarlett (striker), Devine (AM/CM), Santiago (winger), Lankshear ((striker) et al who would also fill club trained places in uefa squad.

I can see another AM or AM/CM coming in the summer - might depend upon what we want to do with Veliz et al - to add to our squad size.

I think upgrades to our current forwards will wait until summer 2025, unless a great opportunity presents itself.

Udogie - Cracking performance
Sarr - Ditto.
Johnson - Really good today.... Solid performance from the off; not just a sprinkling of highlights.
Dragusin - Looked really comfortable; which is good cos it means we can afford Micky whatever time he needs to regain proper fitness.
Biss - Low key but solid today (apart from that one iffy pass early in the game)
Vic - Warrior.

Lovely to see the goals and assists spread right across the front all our attackers.

Comfortable all-round performance today (yes; including the 1st half, fkn melts!)..... Played like the home team..... Emre playing 3CBs cos he was worried about us..... Everyone looking good from the bench.

Despite the 90min barrage of Kulu bashing he significantly contributed to 3 goals today.

Cracking result; now lets go on a run and end the season strongly.

COYS!!! 👊 👊 👊
That iffy pass from Biss made me question my eyesight, there was literally no need for it. But he was genuinely solid throughout it's a shame he doesn't have a great diagonal in him.

Vicario for me, has been a revelation. What a signing.

Back
Top Bottom