Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 10th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He came on and slotted in seamlessly.

We don't have to spend half a billion on this squad, we just need one or two more quality players to pad the current squad out and one more striker.

Starting winger that puts fear into teams is needed.

Werner/Kulu/Johnson all great squad options but they won't win you trophies. Son at 9 with Richy as backup is more than fine.

giphy.gif

View: https://youtu.be/C052zOF97gA?si=GjR-DAgo9f7979O1

Sport Wow GIF by Celtic Football Club

Need to be hitting them 20 goal season numbers, just be considered good. If not, your shit.

In 22/23 season only Haaland, Kane and Toney scored 20 or more goals in PL
In 21/22 season only Son and Salah
In 20/21 season only Kane and Salah
In 19/20 season only Vardy, Aubameyang, Ings, Sterling

Scoring 20 PL goals a season really doesn't happen that often, even the best strikers are more likely to be 15+ rather than 20+.

Time to adjust to that reality !

Agreed, but I think we are starting to see the forward line is starting to come together as a viable unit - can certainly be improved upon , with maybe another forward player coming in this summer.

Currently :
Son - Excellent finisher but ageing so might not be as fast as he once was. He'd still be good for us next season and good for up to 20 goals a season.

Richarlison - Target man who should be good for 15 - 20 goals a season

Johnson - Still young at age 22, Fast, can be direct, good crosser. Currently playing as a RW but could play striker role. 4 goals and 6 assists so far this season - think he will be good for up to 20 goal involvements next season

Werner - Currently on loan but with 2 goals and 2 assists in 422 minutes. If he continues in this sort of form I suspect we'll sign him permanently for circa £20m (but highish wages). Speedy experienced versatile forward who again can contribute goals/assists.

Kukusevski - Hasn't been as prolific as his first 6 months at Spurs, but always fit, hard to knock off the ball and seems to get more 'passes before the assist' than goal involvements now. Versatile able to also play as a CM, invaluable in a smaller squad.

Veliz - Seems to be solely a marksman, not involved in hold up play. Still only aged 20, we'll see how he fares on loan at Sevilla and pre-season which may determine if he stays with Spurs or is loaned out again next season.

Maddison plays as a CM but gets a lot of goal involvement too : may upgrade on Lo Celso to get a good Maddison alternate to add to the squad,

Unusually we have a handful of youngsters who could add to the squad, albeit might need a year or two on loan - Scarlett (striker), Devine (AM/CM), Santiago (winger), Lankshear ((striker) et al who would also fill club trained places in uefa squad.

I can see another AM or AM/CM coming in the summer - might depend upon what we want to do with Veliz et al - to add to our squad size.

I think upgrades to our current forwards will wait until summer 2025, unless a great opportunity presents itself.

We need more than one forward player in the summer. We need different types of forward to that we have now - ones that are better 1v1 players. And we need them to be first team quality. If we can't find higher quality than Richarlison, Kulusevski and Johnson then we'll do ok but will keep coming up ultimately short of challenging the likes of City, Arse, Liverpool.

We need more than one forward player in the summer. We need different types of forward to that we have now - ones that are better 1v1 players. And we need them to be first team quality. If we can't find higher quality than Richarlison, Kulusevski and Johnson then we'll do ok but will keep coming up ultimately short of challenging the likes of City, Arse, Liverpool.

I don't disagree that we need to improve, but there are not that many players who are a clear upgrade on what we have who will be available.

That's why I think we will only get in one new forward this summer coming and maybe one or two players upgraded in summer 2025

Watching the game now. I know we all know it but Matty Cash is a fucking prick. Went in on Destiny with absolutely no chance of winning the ball just after the sending off.

Dirty cheating scumbags still lost 4-0!

:ange-lol:

Just watch 2nd half
Not gonna lie, this win has been the most gratifying for me for a long time. Perhaps since we beat the scum near the end of the season to get the Champions League spot

Mostly a combination of:

5. Dealing with the poor first half with just the right response from Ange

The 1st half really wasn't as bad as a lot of people are making out......

In 22/23 season only Haaland, Kane and Toney scored 20 or more goals in PL
In 21/22 season only Son and Salah
In 20/21 season only Kane and Salah
In 19/20 season only Vardy, Aubameyang, Ings, Sterling

Scoring 20 PL goals a season really doesn't happen that often, even the best strikers are more likely to be 15+ rather than 20+.

Time to adjust to that reality !
It's mental, when you consider Kane has left and Toney scored 7 penalties. Vardy is basically done.

That leaves only Haaland as the only number 9 who scores 20 goals a season still playing in the Prem..

Salah is great but had always been a wide forward and relieved on a good no.9

Side note media for the English game really fucked up pushing kane out the door to Bayern. Stupid cunts. I bet he's livid with himself cos noone gives a fuck what he's doing now

I noticed a couple of times in the game udogy and Johnson pulling out of 50/50 with mcginn. They knew he wanted to leave something on them. The sending off showed it was actually wise.

Back
Top Bottom