Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 10th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yet he was finished according to a lot of our fans last season.
For the record, he has surprised me this season with his numbers. It's not that I ever doubted him, simply that I thought (still think, actually) we needed an additional goal threat.

The thing with Son is that he floats in and out of games and they can, on occasion, pass him by. He doesn't exactly *grab* the game by the scuff of its neck and impose himself on it. And perhaps that's why the doubts over his captaincy remain.

But his numbers do not lie.

4-0 win
tenor.gif
It was easy and I knew we would win. All the melters buckle up we are going to start monstering big teams.

(little drunk so excuse random stuff)
Just finished watching the game. I was stupid and thought it started at 1am AEST instead of 12am. At least I got to watch it from the start and could skip half time.

We were so good throughout... well part from not shooting in the first half.

Scoring two quickfire goals has to be one of the best feelings in the game. And it happened TWICE! You're still on a high after the first goal and then BAM another one! My knee hates me but it was well worth it (kneed the desk after second goal).

Saar's ball in to Maddison was absolutely sublime! The finish was good too.

The Son to Johnson goal; great finish again. In real time I actually thought it was Johnson passing to Son for some reason.

Speaking of Son, I love the man (I know I'm not the only one). He doesn't excite me like prime Bale but there's just something about him that just cries Spurs. He's possibly my favourite player of all time. Goal and two assists. Our Captain!
Also so happy for Timo!

I don't hate McGinn. He's shit but he always plays with his heart. Udogie is fine so no harm done. And had to laugh when Bentancur took Cash out!

OMG i loved the "Are you West Ham in disguise?" I was delirious at that point. Best part is West Ham are losing 2-1 at home to fkn Burnley!

Edit: of cause west ham jsut score as I type this

Tottenham manager Ange Postecoglou to Sky Sports: "I think we made it tough for Aston Villa, they worked hard just to contain us. Last 10 minutes of the second half you could already see them starting to tire a little bit.

"We just had to continue to do that and we got our rewards in the second half.

"We knew it was a big game obviously, everyone was talking it up as a game where it could lead to something significant. I never saw it like that, there's a good chunk of the season still to go.

"We just needed to stay calm, play our football.

"Get excited, why not? The supporters, if they don't get excited by a performance and result like that, in what was a significant game...you've got to enjoy that.

"We know every game is a challenge in the Premier League, especially a team like us who are trying to gain an identity.

"The next step for us is to maintain a consistency of quality performances."

Fantastic result. Had a feeling Villa would slip under the added pressure of CL qualification.

Could see us scoring 4 before the game. Didn’t expect a 4-0 thrashing though.

Sets up the run in nicely.

COYS.

We both have Woolwich, City, and Liverpool. We have the first 2 at home and the latter away, Villa have the opposite. Their other opponents are probably tougher and include Chelsea, Brighton, Wolves, and Spam.

4th is definitely ours to lose at this point.
We could be about 2 points off Goons if we win our next 4 - they have 3 games in that time, incl City and BHA away

Back
Top Bottom