Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That isn't what I was asking though. I was asking if you think that the way Ade plays is how a lone striker should be playing?

Compare him to Costa. Vast difference in ability I know but Costa gets the job done. Benzema another example, gets the job done. Ade isn't doing what he should be doing!!
Scoring?

That isn't what I was asking though. I was asking if you think that the way Ade plays is how a lone striker should be playing?

Compare him to Costa. Vast difference in ability I know but Costa gets the job done. Benzema another example, gets the job done. Ade isn't doing what he should be doing!!

lol if Ade was playing like Costa or Benzema he wouldn't be our player

Player Goals Apps
Diego Costa 9 7
Sergio Aguero 9 9
Saido Berahino 7 9
Diafra Sakho 6 7
Graziano Pelle 6 9
Alexis Sanchez 5 8
Leonardo Ulloa 5 9
Papiss Cisse 4 4
Charlie Austin 4 8
Nacer Chadli 4 8
Nikica Jelavic 4 8
Wilfried Bony 4 9
Mohamed Diame 4 9
Romelu Lukaku 4 9
Steven Naismith 4 9
Samuel Eto'o 3 5
Abel Hernandez 3 6
Wayne Rooney 3 6
Angel di Maria 3 7

Emmanuel Adebayor 2 10

Ade has socred less than the whole list above in more apps? Surely you can't still want him to play?

Kane scored again last night, he has to be in the team above him

2 goals in total and 2 shorts per 90 from 10 games is a really unacceptable return from a striker though. Kane's had 5 goals and 8 shots per 90 in literally half the total minutes.

Adebayor is just not very good anymore. His first touch is terrible, he doesn't press enough, he's not displined-enough positionally, and he's not taking enough shots. He's on the downward slope of his career, and we're paying for the ride down.

Yeah he scored but what does he contribute other than an easy finish that Lamela would have converted if he wasn't on the pitch? Its frustrating to watch like Juicy Sushi Juicy Sushi said he is just declining! We need change!
Like we needed change when Redknapp was in charge.............

Oh and he was involved in the build up to the goal - Like he tends to be with a lot of our goals.

Last edited:
Like we needed change when Redknapp was in charge.............
Could you see us lifting any trophies under Redknapp? I personally couldn't. He had fantastic players in comparison to now and I'm sure he would have soon got fed up with Ade!! Poch said he was giving our current players time to ink themselves into his blueprints and HOPEFULLY Ade has done little enough to convince him that he is worth keeping around. He is a waste of money and team space for us now!

Could you see us lifting any trophies under Redknapp? I personally couldn't. He had fantastic players in comparison to now and I'm sure he would have soon got fed up with Ade!! Poch said he was giving our current players time to ink themselves into his blueprints and HOPEFULLY Ade has done little enough to convince him that he is worth keeping around. He is a waste of money and team space for us now!

He had fantastic players? Ramos had the same fantastic players.

Ade needs to stop drifting wide, when he gets in the box and we get crosses in like Mason did on Sunday Ade will score. If he's on his own up front then it's imperative that our full backs keep bombing forward and putting crosses in like Rose was doing. When we get Walker back and Yedlin arrives then hopefully we'll see more of this.

Player Goals Apps
Diego Costa 9 7
Sergio Aguero 9 9
Saido Berahino 7 9
Diafra Sakho 6 7
Graziano Pelle 6 9
Alexis Sanchez 5 8
Leonardo Ulloa 5 9
Papiss Cisse 4 4
Charlie Austin 4 8
Nacer Chadli 4 8
Nikica Jelavic 4 8
Wilfried Bony 4 9
Mohamed Diame 4 9
Romelu Lukaku 4 9
Steven Naismith 4 9
Samuel Eto'o 3 5
Abel Hernandez 3 6
Wayne Rooney 3 6
Angel di Maria 3 7

Emmanuel Adebayor 2 10

Ade has socred less than the whole list above in more apps? Surely you can't still want him to play?

Kane scored again last night, he has to be in the team above him
I was piss taking.
Ade is past it...

2 goals in total and 2 shorts per 90 from 10 games is a really unacceptable return from a striker though. Kane's had 5 goals and 8 shots per 90 in literally half the total minutes.

Adebayor is just not very good anymore. His first touch is terrible, he doesn't press enough, he's not displined-enough positionally, and he's not taking enough shots. He's on the downward slope of his career, and we're paying for the ride down.
I'm unsure how you both read my comment as a defence for the guy.
I was obviously being sarcastic and bringing to fore his shit record of goals this term.

Soldado for me, sometimes with Kane depending on opposition.

Back
Top Bottom