Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mensa you wind-up cunt. Carlito and I have no grievances. Don't give me this 'sauce stuff'' I've got nothing that would interest anyone. Go to bed.

I live in Murica its not my bed time yet sir!

I know you dont have grievances, you are one of the good guys, myself and Mr B know that. I was just making the point that you are a match winner on your day and like Bryan Robson and McGrath play even better with a pint or 10 down you

I live in Murica its not my bed time yet sir!

I know you dont have grievances, you are one of the good guys, myself and Mr B know that. I was just making the point that you are a match winner on your day and like Bryan Robson and McGrath play even better with a pint or 10 down you
Lol how could I forget the time difference - it's dark here - and it has been for a week.

Lol how could I forget the time difference - it's dark here - and it has been for a week.

Yeah was chatting to the family back there today say its got miserable after a great little summer, you dont want to be here for the dead of winter though, was dressed like a Yeti for 3 months after xmas here, JDK will tell you how bad it is.....

And as for Ade, he isnt the only one, Poch has realised the system loses huge benefits when the front 4 aren't able to press how he wants, its tough watching the inconsistency of these players irrespective of position and tactics

Yeah was chatting to the family back there today say its got miserable after a great little summer, you dont want to be here for the dead of winter though, was dressed like a Yeti for 3 months after xmas here, JDK will tell you how bad it is.....

And as for Ade, he isnt the only one, Poch has realised the system loses huge benefits when the front 4 aren't able to press how he wants, its tough watching the inconsistency of these players irrespective of position and tactics
It's tough watching players that aren't good enough to play for us earn what they do. Pressing only requires fitness - and they can't even do that.

He's been involved in goals in all of his last 3 games played:

It wasn't just an easy header, he was also heavily involved in the buildup leading to the cross where he scored:

Including our goal of the season where he was scattering defenders like bowling pins:

Southampton goal, fair enough. The other two!? He actually loses possession on the edge of the box for both goals, and it fortunately falls to other Spurs players to do the rest.

Mason's cross was exquisite, Sandra wouldn't have missed that.

Apart from that, Adebayor's contribution to the game against Newcastle was minimal. I assume you watched it?

The whole lazy thing. Would anyone have stats on distance covered in games? Opta keep those stats don't they, how would one go about acquiring such intel what what?

It wouldn't prove anything conclusively but it would be interesting to see if he, say, was well below or above the average.

Nick "Trevor" Sharp Nick "Trevor" Sharp

Only thing I've found, showing top three for each team.

Ro55nij.png

Source is a bit shit, but the actual source of the statistics is very legit.

http://www.africanseer.com/news/379...e-ayoze-perez-wins-match-for-alan-pardew.html

haha I'm pretty consistent with players I rate. You have Joe Clash jumping up and down for my attention. He's in the Kane thread berating people who don't rate him..."they don't watch football" etc if they dont rate him.

Only last month Joe Clash was saying the same thing about Kane regarding lack of ability. He was saying Kane was too slow, wasn't technical enough and agreeing with people that he was only going to peak at championship level and has no positional sense etc etc etc. A few weeks of form later and Joe is reaming people for doubting Kanes ability!

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/harry-kane.6451/page-33#post-627885

So I'm not like Joe, knee jerking from one form player to another. Or Arcspace calling Chadli a turd before the season started. I backed Ade, Kane, Lamela, Eriksen etc before the season and I still think they will work with a different back line and one or two changes.

I did say recently that Ade looked injured, and the next game he had one leg taped up vs the scum. I wanted him to be dropped for a few games and not play when he's not 100%. But I can see why Poch wants Ade among the young players like Lamela and Mason around him.

Ade is Poch's number 1 striker. Fans are saying people should give Poch time, why not give him time with his team?
Gibbs, I'm not berating anyone, I'm saying he deserves a chance. He's starting to prove me wrong and I'm not afraid to admit it. You should try it sometime - it doesn't hurt.

This is Paddy Powers views on it... The Tottenham situation: Adebayor is the lazy boyfriend, somehow always preferred. Harry Kane is a nice guy in the friendzone. For those of you wondering about Soldado, he's the guy with erectile dysfunction.

We've become a laughing stock! We all know what the British media is like and I'm sure Kane would be the next best thing if he was firing in goal in the Prem too. Ade needs to be dropped!

I don't think we are playing the way a team should with a lone striker.
That isn't what I was asking though. I was asking if you think that the way Ade plays is how a lone striker should be playing?

Compare him to Costa. Vast difference in ability I know but Costa gets the job done. Benzema another example, gets the job done. Ade isn't doing what he should be doing!!

Back
Top Bottom