Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think we need to bring Les Ferdinand back as striker coach :chadliblow:
Oh God no please ... I'd rather stick my chances with the current bloke.

The only way Ade is (completely) gonna bring back his mojo is if he brings back his ... Mohawk!

PA-13845830.jpg

It doesn't have to be Orange though. :adeninja:

The guy does best when he's trying to regain the starting position. Start Kane and leave Adebayor off the bench for a couple of games.
I agree, I've said this before. Played his best football for us when he was trying to win a contract when he was on loan and after AVB had left him out for ages and he wanted to prove him wrong

Sometimes wonder if these mercenary players who go anywhere that will pay them are also being paid to play so shite.

Pretty crazy thing to say, but Ade really is too awful to be believable.

Edit: In response to the article posted, to be honest I really do think Ade is a mercenary. If he was all about the game he'd try harder and when he's not performing like currently, he'd volunteer to have his substantial wage packet reduced.

Last edited:
I don't think Ade's a mercenary. He's a decent player with no shortage of natural ability who has never really found a home, and since the shooting incident he has - not that surprisingly - found it very difficult to motivate himself for any sustained period of time for kicking a ball around a piece of grass.

But it's not just his form that slips: it's his desire too, and when you're out of form but not working hard, you're in real trouble. He'll eventually move on, score more goals, lose motivation, start again blah blah blah...

I agree, I've said this before. Played his best football for us when he was trying to win a contract when he was on loan and after AVB had left him out for ages and he wanted to prove him wrong
The whole prove him wrong thing is complete bollocks, think about it.

Sometimes wonder if these mercenary players who go anywhere that will pay them are also being paid to play so shite.

Pretty crazy thing to say, but Ade really is too awful to be believable.

Edit: In response to the article posted, to be honest I really do think Ade is a mercenary. If he was all about the game he'd try harder and when he's not performing like currently, he'd volunteer to have his substantial wage packet reduced.
How substantial is that package though? I've seen articles this week falsely claiming he was still on 170k/week, which he hasn't been for the last couple of years. And he does give a large chunk of that to charity. Allegeldy 50k/week when at City.

I think he's got some psychological issues which prevent him from consistently doing well, and I don't think he cares about which club he plays for very much, or about what the fans think (in fairness, if I were a player, I wouldn't either, looking at us lot). But it's very interesting to see his behaviour with other players and staff, which are extremely upbeat and positive. He's not a player we'll love as fans, but he's not hated by those within the game, it would appear. It's a very weird contrast.

How substantial is that package though? I've seen articles this week falsely claiming he was still on 170k/week, which he hasn't been for the last couple of years. And he does give a large chunk of that to charity. Allegeldy 50k/week when at City.

I think he's got some psychological issues which prevent him from consistently doing well, and I don't think he cares about which club he plays for very much, or about what the fans think (in fairness, if I were a player, I wouldn't either, looking at us lot). But it's very interesting to see his behaviour with other players and staff, which are extremely upbeat and positive. He's not a player we'll love as fans, but he's not hated by those within the game, it would appear. It's a very weird contrast.
Most charitable donations are tax deductible!

Back
Top Bottom