Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes he is, he can play as a striker. Not only that he's been our best striker for the past month or so.
He is not a striker. I don't know why you cant understand it.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/61...r-League-2012-2013-Tottenham-Newcastle-United

Go to the player positions in the bottom image on the page. You'll see that BALE and HOLTBY were the two most forward players on average. Dempsey continues to drop back and will not play the striker position despite the line-up saying that he is the starting striker. We're basically playing a 4-6-0 right now and it is not ideal. The fact that you said that he has been our best striker for the past month is crazy. I'd rather have an out of form Defoe at striker than Dempsey. There is more to striker than scoring goals, like stretching the field and running into the channels. Dempsey doesn't do that while at least Defoe stays up front and will stretch the field.

As for Ade. I've been one of his more harsher critics in the last few months. I'm really disappointed in the way he has conducted himself since his move here. He hasn't seemed committed to the team and this recent fiasco just reinforces that. The fact that we send a personal jet to pick him up is irresponsible on his part.

That being said, I would never root against the guy personally. He plays for Spurs and will get my support no matter how much lazy and selfish I think he is. I hope he does well and I would love to see him playing like he was last season. When he is on his game, he is a great striker. I'm astounded people on here can call him a cunt. Calling him names will do nothing but harm the team. Despite everything that has happened, he is still a Lilywhite, and we fans must do whatever it takes to bring out the best in him, because he can help the team more then most when he's on his game.

He is not a striker. I don't know why you cant understand it.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/61...r-League-2012-2013-Tottenham-Newcastle-United

Go to the player positions in the bottom image on the page. You'll see that BALE and HOLTBY were the two most forward players on average. Dempsey continues to drop back and will not play the striker position despite the line-up saying that he is the starting striker. We're basically playing a 4-6-0 right now and it is not ideal. The fact that you said that he has been our best striker for the past month is crazy. I'd rather have an out of form Defoe at striker than Dempsey. There is more to striker than scoring goals, like stretching the field and running into the channels. Dempsey doesn't do that while at least Defoe stays up front and will stretch the field.

Dempsey has played as a striker for both us and Fulham - there are many ways to play striker - There are plenty of strikers who don't play like Defoe

And look in the report you quote, it says Dempsey FW - not midfield - FORWARD - ie STRIKER

Thanks for the site though - looks a good one

The difference in forward positions is minimal between the three of them you quote and can easily be explained by Dempsey by being knackered through his long journeys.

And look at this too-

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/16369/

Dempsey described as both mid and FORWARD ie STRIKER - and look at the little X they give him - yep that's right, around the penalty area when he's playing as a STRIKER

Also when he wins the free kick for our crucial first goal v Toon, he's in a typical striker position, and is marginally the furthest player forward.

Also note in our first major attack, when Bale fizzes the ball across who's in the classic striker position, trying to put it in, yep, Dempsey

He clearly starts the game as a STRIKER - but maybe as the jet lag takes its toll he doesn't do as many forward runs as he'd like, plus Ade coming on changes the dynamics

The fact that Clint played at all is great credit to him.

Look at this video kindly posted by SinghYid showing Bale's talent -

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/tottenham-hotspur-v-newcastle-9-2-13.4691/page-19

it clearly shows that Dempsey is operating as a striker before Ade comes on

After that Ade takes the striker role, and Clint doubtless knackered after his travelling doesn't go forward so much

I will almost guarantee that in the time Dempsey was playing a striker befoe Ade comes on he would have been in more forward positions than Bale or Holtby, certainly Holtby.

Dempsey a striker??

images

^ Agreed. He looked like his old self during the second half yesterday and he wants to do one over the scum. What more does he have to do for us to get behind him? We've been giving Defoe the benefit of the doubt for years. Time to give Ade some slack.

Wrong or right I did love the bit at the end

"For me it's a big opportunity to show people I was right to leave Woolwich, which means finishing on top of them. If that's with Tottenham it's even better."

:adegrin:

Obviously over the moon at the result today but this wanker still flicks my kugle sac.

I bet there are some on here who think he had 2 assists tonight?
Go on. Admit it.

I'd play Harry Kane till Defoe comes back. Never thought I would miss Jermaine so much.

He is so conspicuous by his lack of effort and ability in a busy, hard working and honest Spurs side.

I know he does possess ability but I haven't seen it since we paid the wanker 15m cash to wear our shirt.

It sickens me, even on a night like this.

Don't think he had a bad game tonight. Disappointed that he didn't bury that chance at 1-1 but overall, he done a good job.

What game were you watching?

I respect your opinion and your right to express but fuck me mate. You seriously thought he had a good game/did a good job?

Seriously? Or are you on the wind up?

Obviously over the moon at the result today but this wanker still flicks my kugle sac.

I bet there are some on here who think he had 2 assists tonight?
Go on. Admit it.

I'd play Harry Kane till Defoe comes back. Never thought I would miss Jermaine so much.

He is so conspicuous by his lack of effort and ability in a busy, hard working and honest Spurs side.

I know he does possess ability but I haven't seen it since we paid the wanker 15m cash to wear our shirt.

It sickens me, even on a night like this.

I'm sure that lump sum goes up every time you decide to slag him off.

It's not truth it's opinion and speculation. There's a difference you would do well to learn that. And spreading bullshit about lump sums is hardly the truth. Do you have a definitive source for this financial tidbit or did you read it in the star?

Back
Top Bottom