Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is the most frustrating player right now ... I mean, fuck his striking goals, he was also known for link up play ...

He doesn't even do that well anymore ... and now he misses aerial challenges and sitters.

In honestly, he is a VERY GOOD PLAYER and I really like him ... I think it's just confidence???

Please Ade ... do well and score on NLD and celebrate like you never did... so I can once more sing:

"Adebayor Adebayor, give him the ball and he will score!"

:adeohshit: :avbpray:

What game were you watching?

I respect your opinion and your right to express but fuck me mate. You seriously thought he had a good game/did a good job?

Seriously? Or are you on the wind up?

Don't see what he done that was awfully bad. Forced a good save from Jussi apart from the easy chance he missed. Had a role to play in the first goal, played some intelligent passes. Put a lot of selfless running in as well for someone so 'lazy'.

Just think some people are gonna say he played shit because they just don't like him. I've been losing patience with him but against Lyon and today he really put a good shift in. There were worse players on the pitch for Spurs today lets just put it that way.

I've been one of the biggest critics of Ade so far this season, even early on, in contrast with my consistent and early adulation of his performances last season.

So I may buck the trend a bit here. I only caught the last +20min of the game, so I can hardly be said to have had a full impression of his performance tonight, but I thought he did just fine tonight, from what I saw.

He's out of form, and his luck has been terrible lately, but I thought he worked hard tonight (from the last 20min, at least) and put in a decent performance.

Bale's biggest asset right now is his confidence, Ade's worst is his lack of it. The guy needs a break but at least he is putting a shift in and helping the team, I know a certain other striker that doesnt do much unless he scores...

I think it's a big challenge for AVB and the staff to help him regain his confidence in front of goal. And Ade seems like such a proud guy, I doubt he would take any help offered to him. I think he has to get out of this on his own. Lucky goal, penalty etc. Apart from the obvious lack of goals I still like him as a player.

poppycock about a lack of confidence for this wanker. It runs through his veins. Shame he just uses it for chatting up impressionable girls.

The guy is a joker.

Sooner we ship him the better.

Trust me when I say he is on the equivalent of 200 to 220k a week when you factor in his lump sum plus 100k a week wages on a 3 year contract. Ask yourself why its a 3 year contract? Ever heard of that before? Do the maths, math for the yanks here and you will see why.

Levy fucked up.

I suspect he will try against the scum because it suits him. I have never seen such a self centered cunt in a Spurs shirt

So you think he's wasting those chances deliberately? :avbcringe:

Dont be daft. Of course not mate.

He just doesn't give a FUCK. He misses, he smiles, he scores....well I seem to remember, he smiles.

Its Ade time. He has no commitment . The goal that siggy scored sums this up better than I can I type.

Look. I ve said what I said. And I probably will again when the wanker fucks up again.

Come back to me when you catch up.

Trust me when I say he is on the equivalent of 200 to 220k a week when you factor in his lump sum plus 100k a week wages on a 3 year contract. Ask yourself why its a 3 year contract? Ever heard of that before? Do the maths, math for the yanks here and you will see why.
No. Where he fucked up was on Bentley's transfer.

17m pounds over almost 5 years (call it 52 weeks * 4.75 years = 195 weeks -- no promises, that's just a ballpark figure) = weekly amortized accounting cost of over 87,000. Add 50k of weekly wages and that comes to an admittedly very rough amortized weekly accounting cost of over 137k pounds.

Not seen such an agenda against one player since Jenas was the lynch-pin of our midfield.

:adeninja:

Like him or not, get behind him. Being negative and giving him abuse isn't going to help our cause at all. I believe the goals will come, he's now getting in the right positions and Defoe had only scored once in about 10 games as well before his injury.

No. Where he fucked up was on Bentley's transfer.

17m pounds over almost 5 years (call it 52 weeks * 4.75 years = 195 weeks -- no promises, that's just a ballpark figure) = weekly amortized accounting cost of over 87,000. Add 50k of weekly wages and that comes to an admittedly very rough amortized weekly accounting cost of over 137k pounds.

Point is Blackburn got the transfer fee.

With dear Ade Citeh were so keen to get rid of the useless wanker they let us have him for 5m. The balance of his transfer fee went straight into dear Ade's bank account so he wouldnt lose out on his 220k a week wages

Not seen such an agenda against one player since Jenas was the lynch-pin of our midfield.

:adeninja:

Like him or not, get behind him. Being negative and giving him abuse isn't going to help our cause at all. I believe the goals will come, he's now getting in the right positions and Defoe had only scored once in about 10 games as well before his injury.

No player in our history has ever earnt more from our club.

Wouldn't you rather someone that actually gave a shit?

Dont be daft. Of course not mate.

He just doesn't give a FUCK. He misses, he smiles, he scores....well I seem to remember, he smiles.

Its Ade time. He has no commitment . The goal that siggy scored sums this up better than I can I type.

Look. I ve said what I said. And I probably will again when the wanker fucks up again.

Come back to me when you catch up.
Discussing the intent of people we don't know personally is quite useless, but I will say this: If he doesn't give a fuck, all those chances would be converted to goals. A guy who doesn't give a fuck would also be full of composure.

No player in our history has ever earnt more from our club.

Wouldn't you rather someone that actually gave a shit?

I think he does give a shit. He was chasing long clearances out of the box, put himself about in and around the area, got himself into scoring positions. He might not have the passion of a Dawson or Scotty Parker etc, but you can't just stick that on him.

Yes, criticise that he missed a sitter. Could happen to anyone, Bale missed an open goal 4 yards out at home to Lyon, I don't see people saying he doesn't care.

I think you are letting your dislike for the guy get in the way of judging how he actually played. He's been poor on a number of occasions for us this season and has let us down with some performances, but I think he is getting back on track and we're seeing more of the player that we saw turn out for us last season.

I believe cites the fact that Ade smiles and acts carefree after missing sitters as what really pisses him off. I don't actually remember ever seeing anything like this so not sure where it comes from.

Couldn't agree more. Yes he's in bad form, but the only way that's going to improve is if we show him that we support him.

The attitude of some of our fans towards Ade appalls me. Not to mention the direct verbal abuse that some give him. A bloke in block 28, well known for his very loud heckling (mainly of opposition players) shouted something like 'you've been fucking useless you fucking cunt get the fuck out of our club you money-grabbing fucking cunt' at him when he came over to take a throw-in during the Newcastle match. How is that possibly ever going to help him or our team? Someone on Thursday night even actually chanted 'shot in Angola, it should have been you' a couple of times, although thankfully there's no way Ade would have heard it.

I believe cites the fact that Ade smiles and acts carefree after missing sitters as what really pisses him off. I don't actually remember ever seeing anything like this so not sure where it comes from.

I'm really not so fatuous mate.

I judge what I see on the field of play.

I guess what really burns with this useless wanker is the amount of money he has raped from the club. I have seen worst players for Spurs. Not many. But I have seen worse. Super Pav does spring to mind but he was on a fraction of dear Ade's wages

Back
Top Bottom