Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dempsey played in Honduras 2 days before for 90 mins, he made it back ok.

What assist?

He'd have played if he'd been picked. Its not the first time the manager has picked Dempsey over him when they've both been fit. Try to ignore the press twisting things they'll write any old thing

AVB+headline.jpg

Our second goal, he helped the ball on to Bale?

Goes beyond me how some of you can call yourself fans of Tottenham when you won't even back one of our most important players at the moment simply because he's "a cunt".

Shouldn't the best for Tottenham come before your narrow-minded and selective belief in the press that has created this Adebayor situation?

Everybody are well entitled to dislike players etc. but some of you'd rather see us lose out on CL than grabbing 3rd due to Ade's goals.

Pathetic.

Club > Player(s) and as of now, it is in our best interests that Ade performs which he is hardly more likely to do when his own "fans" treat him like shit.

He'd have played if he'd been picked. Its not the first time the manager has picked Dempsey over him when they've both been fit. Try to ignore the press twisting things they'll write any old thing

AVB+headline.jpg

Our second goal, he helped the ball on to Bale?
It's no surprise Clint is picked over Ade, he's been a better player than him this season, and may well continue to be so.

My brother actually said before the summer (he's red scum), that if we bought Ade he'd immediately revert to being a lazy clownshoe. I have to say he might have been right. All of this nonesense at the start of the season with him being "injured", now this business.
You think he was feigning injury? Or is there some record of that?

I imagine Levy also has gooner mates who may have been sniffing that Adebayor only plays for a contract. On the other hand, he also has a team of people with a whole lot more access to Adebayor than some trophy-pining gooner, silent at the Emirates. And those people with access to Adebayor? It may be that their advice Levy may have also taken into consideration when buying the player.

Also, Adebayor, the lazy bum who only plays when he needs a new contract? He made 37 appearances for Spurs last season, in which he scored 18 goals. Obviously very motivated to score by the hatful to get a new contract, as his goals/minute rate was bested only by Louis Saha.

After signing a contract with the Wanderers in 2008, as in, during one of those years when he would be living off the fat of the land, unmotivated, and eager to just play golf on a Togolese beach during the week, he scored 16 goals in 37 appearances. So that post-contract laziness was worth two goals. While he was playing second fiddle to RvP, who scored 20 in 44. Perhaps the gooners remember more the fact that he was injured for two months (after what was supposed to be only two weeks), and assume that injury, in the case of Adebayor, is always a mask for shiftlessness… kind of like saying he was '"injured"' earlier this year, in fact.

I imagine Levy also has gooner mates who may have been sniffing that Adebayor only plays for a contract. On the other hand, he also has a team of people with a whole lot more access to Adebayor than some trophy-pining gooner, silent at the Emirates. And those people with access to Adebayor? It may be that their advice Levy may have also taken into consideration when buying the player.

Also, Adebayor, the lazy bum who only plays when he needs a new contract? He made 37 appearances for Spurs last season, in which he scored 18 goals. Obviously very motivated to score by the hatful to get a new contract, as his goals/minute rate was bested only by Louis Saha.

After signing a contract with the Wanderers in 2008, as in, during one of those years when he would be living off the fat of the land, unmotivated, and eager to just play golf on a Togolese beach during the week, he scored 16 goals in 37 appearances. So that post-contract laziness was worth two goals. While he was playing second fiddle to RvP, who scored 20 in 44. Perhaps the gooners remember more the fact that he was injured for two months (after what was supposed to be only two weeks), and assume that injury, in the case of Adebayor, is always a mask for shiftlessness… kind of like saying was '"injured"' earlier this year, in fact.
let's not let the truth get in the way of the narrative now. :)

It's not about his performances and how many goals he scores. Of course when he's playing I want him to do well but I'll never like him or accept him no matter how many goals he scores for us.

No one has really asked you to do either tbh, you seem keen to remind everyone how much you hate him (which of course you are entitled to), but when every post about him you have to shoehorn directly or indirectly "I hate Adebayor" it does get a bit much.

Love you though. x

[/passiveaggressive]

It's not about his performances and how many goals he scores. Of course when he's playing I want him to do well but I'll never like him or accept him no matter how many goals he scores for us.

You don't need to accept him, you don't need to like him. But you don't need to loathe him or be whipped up into a frenzy by media bullshit about him either.

Or what T said. Either works. :adegrin:

Firstly, I'd like to remove myself from people calling him a cunt, I'm just being honest.

Looking back at a lot of AVBs comments over that time, his injury was all very vague and it seems like Ade was just very slow in getting himself back to match fitness and, imo, he hasn't actually reached anything like his regular fitness or form of last season. Not saying that that's the case, but it seems like the club did a good job of preventing our laundry from being aired. Regardless of the actual injury, the fact is that he was woefully far from match fitness up until his injury... What was he doing all summer? If he wasn't going to train with Citeh, he should have sorted out a proper training regimen with a personal team... He's a professional after all.

Then you have this entire charade with Togo - will he / won't he. Finally he goes, they finish their tournament and Ade tells all of his team mates to stay and party with him (after absolutely sledging their manager for only getting them to a quarter final) as he will take them all home in a private jet...

Turns out the jet must have been Wonder Woman's invisible jet as the thing never materialised and we are now in the realm of AVB and the club making up "personal issues" for him, rather than telling the media that his player has decided to go AWOL. Again, keeping any internal issues private.

I like Ade when he is playing to his potential but he's a prima donna, not to the level of Anthony Cassano I'll grant you, but his epitaph will read "could have tried harder". I was never against him joining us and I'm not against him now, but the fact remains that he's got something like 3 in 13 for us this season and hasn't looked like scoring any more than that.

That's him all over Wookie. You simply don't have to make stuff about him because history shows what sort of player he is.

I don't know him personally so I can only go on his past career and I don't see how anyone can defend him when he is up to his usual shenanigans but this time with us footing his ridiculous bill.

He has been acting unprofessional, but he is our only striker and is a quality player. Is there anything else that really needs to be said?
He's not our only striker Dempsey can play there, and has looked better than Ade in recent months. Defoe should be back soon.

We also have Obika, who I'm not writing off.

Ade is a very important player for us. But I'd pick Clint over him ATM, probably both will play at West Ham though.

Back
Top Bottom