Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You begrudge the guy giving his wages to charity? How is that in any way self pitying?

I get the fact we disagree but do you really have to dislike something then post you dislike it?

If you carry on I will do the same to you. I suspect it means more to you.:vdvdive: But it's a bit babyish isn't it?

I get the fact we disagree but do you really have to dislike something then post you dislike it?

If you carry on I will do the same to you. I suspect it means more to you.:vdvdive: But it's a bit babyish isn't it?

Wait what? you're going to neg rep me back cos I showed my displeasure at your flagrant ignorance? be my fucking guest.

haha brilliant this is still going on. End of the day no-one's gonna change anyone's views on Adebayor (even though you will all see him for what he really is eventually) so you may as well leave it

I'm not going to neg rep you mate. relax.

Read my post.

82781127.gif

Seriously dude, you have availed yourself over a fair few threads today and shown that you know about as much about football as a rat that once spent a night at the Emirates stadium when it was being built. Apart from that you then start slagging people off for giving half of their wages to "feed half of Togo" that shows an incredible amount of ignorance on your part. People in Togo might be in crushing poverty but they aren't in famine.

It's clear you have a massive chip on your shoulder about Adebayor and that's affecting your judgement of his abilities as a footballer. Take the blinkers off and you might start to see what is around you.

Well, I'm looking forward to Ade getting a good run in the team now. The remainder of the season shall be the proof (one way or the other) of what Ade does for Spurs!

Personally, I see benefits from Ade when he's playing, even if he's not scoring...that's not to say I wouldn't like to see him score more, but I think, with an extended run, he will.

I don't think the comparison can be put in such simplistic terms, we are talking about human beings, their motivations are not so easily separated and compartmentalised as saying Ade is a lazy fuck and Dempsey is a workhorse.

You need to consider that last time Adebayor was together with his Togo team mates they got shot to shit in a bus, some of them were wounded some of them were killed. So it's easy to see the the ACN was going to be an emotional time for him and the other players. The fact that there was this kerfuffle over travel shows they were nervy. From what I have read Ade took responsibility for the team and paid for them all to get home safely.

To me that sounds like a bloody honourable thing to do. Whichever way you look at it, even if they were over reacting and they could have got back earlier, these guys have been through a lot and must have a bond. He must feel a strong responsibility for them.

So yeah, he's back now, he put in a pretty good performance when he came on, and for me made a good contribution to our second goal by blocking off Steven Taylor. Perhaps his experience of going to ACN and being that leader in the Togo squad has given him a boost, that leg up in his confidence that he is going to need to lead our line for the next few games.

Some people are acting like he vanished off to south america to play golf for three months...

carlos-tevez-playing-golf.jpg

Ade hasn't done this, he had some injuries followed by poor early form for us at the beginning of the season, he then got banned for three games, then he went to represent his country for a while. Now he's back, looks like he's going to play and contribute, let's not make a mountain out of a very small mole hill.

Your definitely entitled to your POV.......trust me, i get it

But for me, a guy that makes 100k in wages a week. I expect much ,much more of a commitment. Especially for a guy who is far from a world class player.

I'm right fed up with Ade, but seeing as we need him big-time, he gets my support, I'll never like him like true professionals and fighters like Clint. Let alone real top players like Hugo and Bale.

I'm right fed up with Ade, but seeing as we need him big-time, he gets my support, I'll never like him like true professionals and fighters like Clint. Let alone real top players like Hugo and Bale.
My brother actually said before the summer (he's red scum), that if we bought Ade he'd immediately revert to being a lazy clownshoe. I have to say he might have been right. All of this nonesense at the start of the season with him being "injured", now this business. And he's had the touch of a rapist for much of the games he has been involved in.

I really wanted him to prove his doubters wrong, but his work ethic certainly seems to be questionable this season and I'm starting to loose faith in him.

What a lot of idiotic comments.

How long do England players get off after tournaments?

Hardly his fault the ACN is scheduled during the season.....

No mention of his assist?

What a lot of idiotic comments.

How long do England players get off after tournaments?

Hardly his fault the ACN is scheduled during the season.....

No mention of his assist?

Do me a favour, hes hardly played this season and would have been well aware of the Defoe situation.

Hes acted the cunt and should be treated as such

Back
Top Bottom