Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He has no understanding of different positions and their respective responsibilities, you're wasting your time as I have much of mine. There is only power, steel, wingdyngz, and tiny dancers.

ojqz38.jpg

Like him or not, I really dont understand this point of view until we sign better.

We basically have one striker, are prone to concede goals at any given second of the 90 minutes, and generally struggle to win a game by more than one goal....a goal which has come in the 90th minute 4 or 5 times already this season.

I see absolutely no reason why anyone wouldnt want the opportunity to be able to introduce Adebayor at some point against both Utd and Chelsea.

God only knows how many goals we are going to be chasing in those games.

He's a good option off the bench, even if we need to kill the game to save a point or three. A decent target, with decent hold up play and strength, and ffs, can score.

Hate him or not, we need options, and we dont have any.

I think Soldado is awful. He offered fuck all when he came on yesterday, again. Would I drop him from the matchday squad for the next two games??

Fuck no.
we've survived this long without him a few more games won't hurt. id rather we struggle against united and chelsea than have that rotten cunt back in the squad thinking he's important and can get away with whatever he wants here.

it's not like he'd make a difference against united or chels, when he has played this season he's been dire.

there's obviously been stuff going on behind the scenes as our club captain and ade are fit(?) and aren't involved at all. Woolwich fans warned us about him when we signed him, but the majority weren't having none of it. it's been the same at every club he's been at, the blokes a cancer and i can't wait till he fucks off.

Adebayor is one of the biggest cunts to ever wear our shirt. Up there with Campbell and Ghaly in my eyes.
Poison.

- constant hand slapping and being mates With the opposition.
- zero effort whatsoever whilst being our top earner.
- doesn't train as hard as others. (Going back to zero effort).
- inviting Newcastle into the dressing room after a loss.
- ex Gooner.
- swanning off all the time on holiday.
- stealing a living pretty much.

The club have chosen to tolerate it. That says to me that in their judgment, and knowing the actual details, they have decided not rip up his contract or fine him for misconduct.

So I stay away from the rumour mill, and make a judgment on the events.

It annoys me when he is poor, as much as any other player. Im annoyed by Soldado and Paulinho being shit too.
But it isn't just rumour when he overstays in Togo after the WC, or uses his fallout with City as an excuse for being completely unfit for use when he transferred to us permanently.

The club tolerate it because Levy thinks of everything in amortisation. He'd rather make it the manager's problem than have to pay up the contract in one lump sum.

I've had it with Ade, I just want him gone now. He could have been such a great player but he'll be a footnote now. Can't be bothered to get upset about him, but what a waste of a player. Like Cassano, his talent should have been given to someone that wanted to play.

My own opinion of Ade, if anyone gives a fuck, is that he's not a bad bloke. He's deeply lacking in emotional intelligence and could do with some psychotherapy, he does not give much thoughts to the fans and what they want- other than his own desire to be adored- but I think this kind of narcissism is quite natural for a footballer, bearing in mind their unusual lifestyle (everyone telling them they are wonderful since being very young, but only for one thing) and the fact they are not really given a chance to grow up. Also, he is from a totally different part of the world, and I think this contributes to his lack of understanding of the fan culture in Europe.

I know it's all about him, but I don't think he does it to actively piss us off. When I see Ade I just see a troubled person and whilst I don't clap him, I can't bring myself to feel any hatred or to boo him. I did always feel he'd be decent on loan but we should never have signed him, and I would definitely get rid of him if we could offload him.

Jennings would never have left Spurs if he hadn't been pushed out. So he will always be a legend in my eyes. With regards to Ade, whilst he is playing for us, always want him to do well. But he is one frustrating player.

I thought it noticable that when Ade went off the ball stopped sticking up front. In part leading to the nerve shredding finish.

Thats neither blaming Defoe or saying Ade was brilliant, its simply the difference between the two players.

I thought Adebayor covered a lot of ground, closed down well and made some very smart runs. I dont think he was brilliant by any stretch, but I do think a lot of the criticism is undeserved.

He isnt hitting the heights of last season, thats undisputed, and that is incredibly disappointing. However, I dont think he is *as bad* as is often made out.

I also think, in the grander scheme of things, his game works for this team more than Defoes does

I'm normally very positive about our players and team, but I'd like to think we all reserve the right to critique performance or form.

I believe Ade has been poor recently and believe he was poor last night. Granted he scored and that is really important, but he didn't offer much else.

Happy for anyone to tell me he was great last night and I'll take that on board.

I thought he did a lot better last night (and in some other games) than the wide and heavy critisism he is getting deserves.

That said, I didnt think he was especially good. I guess it depends upon your criteri judging him. For example, he wasnt a shadow of his former self and yet he still contributed a lot more than Defoe...

I thought last night he drifted in and out of the game, to much 'out' really.

When he was out he was useless.

When he was in he was linking play, moving into good areas and giving us a foothold in the final 3rd. Not to any exceptional degree, but he was doing it and it was the best we had.

I thought a number of times he played some really good one touch/triangles with Sigurdsson and Holtby.

I thought it was entirely correct that he stayed on and Defoe went off (who doesnt seem to get such a bad rap despite offering even less).

I thought it was fantastic that so late in the game he had the ethic to follow the shot in and beat two defenders to the ball for his goal.

I wasnt overly impressed with him all in all, I think he was "ok" rather than good/bad. I saw glimpses of the old Ade and hope that they were a sign he can yet make his mark on this season.

He is in a bad run, but I honestly believe it is no where near as bad as so many make out.

The last four pages of this thread are an abortion. I'm sure fun for all involved, but idea that we're an an unmoderated forum seems to be taken advantage of. Ask yourself 'am I being a horrible cunt' before posting something, or find another forum to be a horrible cunt in.

Also a reminder to everyone please use the friend or foe feature. It means you never have to see the person who annoys you again.

This video is proof of absolutely nothing. People react differently to deaths. Some people go into a phase of denial where they party, drink, shop or do whatever else it takes to avoid facing up the pain. To say this is proof if him not being in grief is just nonsense.

Tbf, Redknapp's tried signing half our squad the last two seasons, and I hear even made an offer for the ball n cockerel on top of the stadium.
triffic ball and cockerel they've got down there but its gonna be hard to sign it, y'know the chairmans working on it but its's gonna be difficult :harrylol:

Don't care. He's a poison and should be eliminated. End of.
Odd, he seems to be one of the favourites in the dressing room particularly with Hugo going by his Q&A today, so you are clearly wrong.

He simply dislikes inept footballing minds, I can see why you may have an issue with that.

Back
Top Bottom