Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can understand why people want him sold as he makes quite a lot of money but some of the stuff in here sounds like people in the midst of a hysterical fit.

First off, a lot of the stuff about him is pure rumour, no one actually knows what happened that saw him fall out of the team but Pochettino clearly thinks it's been resolved considering he's back in the team.

Also, the whole lazy argument is such bullshit. The guy runs a lot, when you watch him live you can see that he does put in a shift. He looked like he had a rocket up his ass today. So often African players get labeled as lazy and then it's impossible for them to break that narrative.

He's clearly a difficult personality and an incredibly streaky footballer who has massive peaks and valleys in form. But he's been a pretty good signing for us in reality. We paid 5m for him and he's scored 41 goals in just over 100 appearances. While his wages are large, Soldado's are around 80k plus the huge transfer fee. Soldado hasn't even come close in terms of production or ability. Also, Adebayor's incredible second half of last season pretty much dragged us into Europe.

Ultimately, the guy is a twat (as footballers are) and we should sell him if we can. But some of the stuff in here is so over the top.

What the fck went on here on sunday night?? Seriously this blog has just become a hotspot for childish, negative attention seeking plebs!:pochfacepalm:

wo6jwM1.jpg

:kaneear:

He's posted some more family grievances:

My brother Nathaniel once spilled some Kool Aid on the sectional couch in my summer home in Turin. He barely attempted to wipe up the stain at all.

My sister Carla ate my last piece of Toblerone. She had never even asked. I was saving it for after my lunch.

My cousin Ezekiel used countless Kleenex tissues when visiting over Christmas. He said he had a bad cold, but I never once heard him sneeze.

My half sister Hannah "borrowed" my copy of The Divinci Code. It has been 3 months and she has yet to return it. If you haven't read it, that book is a real page turner. I finished it in a long weekend.

:adestare:

Ade also has a duty of care to spurs, but it seems a one way street where that is concerned.

If he has issues I hope he sorts them, just shows money does not buy happiness but ade has had the chance to join at least two other clubs in this window without losing out financially but for what ever reason he has chosen not to move, despite knowing he has no future at spurs.

Fair play to poch for not caving in and allowing ade a way back, spurs have bent over backwards to help in over the last two years and how is that trust repaid? Let's hope he gets his dream move to qatar.....

No offence to anyone, but this debate is getting so very boring. He's a Spurs player, he probably will be for another 9 months at the very least, and unlike last year he has some proper competition for his place and won't be relied on as much this time out. With that in mind, can we please stop dissecting his wages and his motivation and just fucking get behind him and hope he pulls more performances like the end of last season out of the bag as he attempts to crack the first team again? Is that so unreasonable a request?

Ekotto Mark 2. Will sit on the Contract until the club really have no choice but to pay him up & lead him out.

This whole situation is beyond stupid. I won't defend Ade, but not can I defend the way this looks like the club / coach are behaving. If you have a talent like this, sometimes you need to MANAGE the situation to keep him involved, his track record proves he is NOT SHIT, so to bin him off is utterly stupid if it's a case of proving a point !

The guy claimed a family member was using black magic, rather than have him carted off to a nut hut they gave him time off to sort shit out.

Mason said last week that it's a simple case of if you perform in training then you are in the first team. On that basis Adebayor isn't doing a damn thing. Better to leave him out then mug off players that are putting in effort in training to make room for someone that was given time off mid season and still isn't outshining the other players on the training pitch.

I don't see how the club have done anything wrong at all. If he's not impressing the head coach then it's down to him to put in the effort and fight for his place rather than just pipe up and say it every few months, yet do nothing about it.

Bullshit. Maybe the number of tackles as thats all he does and possibly the running around stat but I think Eriksen leads that. Dont think theres any other stat PER 90 MINUTES that he leads. He may lead the totals of certain things just because he's played more than most of our other central players.

The only 2 managers we've had recently who had any sort of clue, sherwood and redknapp, were both extremely successful with adebayor.

Not that I want to see much of adebayor but just cause mason says something about pochetino doesnt mean jack schitte because like i said before mason is to pochetino what paulinho was to avb. They wil always play regardless of how shit they are.

Never takes long for a mask to slip. Those vastly successful managers that have one sole FA Cup win between them in over 30 years of combined management. Funny how you ignored the rest of the teams I mentioned, guess it's harder for you to dump on Mourinho, Mancini and Wenger's (spits) achievements and assessments of players.

Mason has more assists in the league than Eriksen despite playing further back, has more tackles than Bentaleb by almost double despite only playing 5 games more and for one of the central 2 he has more forward passes, key passes and chances created than Bentaleb and Dembele by a distance despite similar game time.

As for the last bit if he's performing in training while everyone else in similar positions lumbers around half arsing it then picking them instead sends the wrong message. Don't know how many times I need to say that before it sinks in. He's trying to build a TEAM and not knob polish individuals like Redknapp and Sherwood do.

For you and sammyspurs sammyspurs regarding Paulinho I saw this on SC yesterday talking about the open training session

2) Soldado seems to get on surprisingly well with everyone (not just Lamela etc), and was pretty talkative. Works hard too supposedly. Same with Paulinho actually.

link if you want to see for yourselves http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/open-training.118337/

The SOLE reason I've taken such a solid stance on this is really quite simple, Mason is in his first season and is clearly working hard. Yet rather than take what he said as an indication of what a player should be doing to get his chance you used it (intentionally or not) to defend Adebayor. Adebayor has a history of being awkward and lazy, Mason is in his first season on Premier League football and deserves support not being slagged off and put down. I'd rather have someone that gives a fuck, tries and isn't scared of making mistakes than a passenger that tries when he can be bothered then moans or says the same shit without doing anything to change things. I sick and fucking tired of lazy players at the club, thieving a wage while youth players try to develop and get slagged off by people that have the utter fucking stones to claim to be fans.

Last reply because i'll be damned if I'm going to start contributing to the type of 10 page long arguments that are the norm on here nowadays.

One thing I've never understood is the claim that Ade is 'lazy'. Chasing players down and working hard down the flanks has been an integral part of his game for a few seasons now

People gave AVB so much shit for how he dealt with Adebayor but can you blame him after watching this performance? It amazes me how much people go on and on about playing for the shirt but then back a player like Ade. Remember the ridiculous red card against the scum a few years ago that took any chance of us winning out of it? Remember when he ran down the field in the league cup game we were losing and sat on the boards to take a breather in the middle of it? Remember the disgraceful penalty against Basel? Once he comes back everyone forgets about it because he scores a few goals. I don't care how bad Soldado is but at least he gives a shit. I'll take that over someone like Ade anyway.

Last edited:
I'll bite.

So, neither Soldado or Adebayor are going to the U.S., but one isn't going as he's a skiving cunt, off on a jolly. The other is a dedicated professional that would be going if he could, but nasty Poch doesn't understand what he's about?

How about Adebayor is the skiving cunt and Soldado has been asked to not be with the first team as he's about to be sold. Like that other guy, eh, Lennon, that's it!

Nobody knows what's going on with these guys, so why do folk insist on posting like they know the facts? You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Link has been deleted - cached version for anyone now curious (like me) as to what it said

“When he arrived, he asked for a shot of whiskey in his coffee!” – Lyon boss explains why Adebayor transfer fell through

Lyon manager Bruno Genesio has lifted the lid on the sequence of events that led to Emmanuel Adebayor‘s potential move to the club falling through.

The former Woolwich, Manchester City and Tottenham striker has been without a club since being released by Crystal Palace in the summer and was thought to be closing in on a switch to Lyon over the weekend.

However, Genesio pulled the plug on any potential deal at the last minute and swooped for youngster Jean-Philippe Mateta instead. Furthermore, in an interview with Football France, he revealed that some of Adebayor’s demands made an agreement between the two parties virtually impossible.

“Yes it’s true we signed the young Mateta, but there was still room for Manu [Adebayor]!” he explained

“So we decided to meet in Lyon over coffee … Surprise, when he arrived, he asked for a shot of whiskey in his coffee! And he had the cigarette hanging out his mouth …

“Anyway, the interview started badly, but I was ready to listen: this is still a guy who played for Woolwich, Manchester City, Real Madrid … But afterwards it only confirmed my initial opinion: Manu had no place at OL. ”

“Salary asside, it was a bit expensive, but considering the standing of the man, we were ready to make concessions,” said club president Aulas.

“But you must know, he asked for helicopter to take him to training and Joël Robuchon as personal chef but also a villa with a pool overlooking the Corsica! But of course …

“And the best for last: when we were ready to give it the No.9 shirt, he asked us to wear the 10, that of Alex Lacazette, our flagship player with Nabil Fekir and Jeremy Morel! At that time, we said stop, bye bye Manu.”

In all fairness this place wouldn't be as fun without Carlito, Sammy, Tucker etc
There is always time for fun, games and a little light trolling. But the fact is that it's now take over. So I have to say that I agree with what Flav Flav said above.

People like @Carlito and sammyspurs sammyspurs are fun and entertaining at first. But Carlito's constant "I'm better than you" schtick and his racism, pops at the disabled and those on benefits because of health issue are in poor taste but, worse still, absolutely fucking tedious and boring.

Similarly you have people like Sammyspurs, who has become so addicted to the internet, and needs to fight and argue on it everyday, that he now has to self proclaim himself a cunt in order to excuse the bullshit he can't stop himself from posting.

Both people (or Internet personas) are fine in small does, but not when it dominates and takes over the board. I've been posting a lot less lately because of it and I suspect others are too. It's because I've been coming less that I've chosen not to donate to TFC yet. I come here to talk about Spurs or have an interesting off topic chat but there are virtually no discussions going on. Instead, when I open threads it's either Carlito's bullshit act, another boring love in over maria (no Maria, I am not blaming that on you personally before you get all sulky) or another forty thousand posts from spammyspurs.

I say live and let live, but the fact is that some people aren't even trying to have proper discussions anymore. They just play games like this is a school playground. They don't seem to realise that all they are doing is making the case for places like COYS to have their silly rules.

Is it so fucking hard to just dial back the spamming and trolling a bit and keep it moderate?

@E_Adebayor: Hey guys, to let you know, recovered from yestedays match and doing everything to be fit for Saturday. Thanks for all your good wishes.#COYS

Back
Top Bottom