Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty shit article, but thought I'd post it anyways. I don't think that it was particularly aimed at Poch or "defiant" but make of it what you will.

He may not have played since the FA Cup defeat by Leicester on January 24 but Emmanuel Adebayor does not appear to be giving up his Tottenham career easily.

The out-of-favour striker took to Instagram on Monday to post a cryptic message, perhaps making reference to his current situation under manager Mauricio Pochettino.

Alongside a picture of himself sitting in a car, the former Woolwich man wrote: 'When life puts you in tough situations. Don't say 'why me'. Just say 'try me'.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...gn=1490&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Things i'd rather try than Adebayor;

A sadomaschist with a 9 inch strap on.
Bukkake as the woman.
Aids. I'd risk aids than play that cunt. I'd live longer.

“I’m a Togolese boy who has suffered a lot, and today I’m in Europe. My junior brother, my senior brother, my uncle – I think they would love to be in my position, being a footballer, being a striker for Tottenham. Trust me. Even just travelling with the team, a lot of my family members, a lot of my countrymen, would love to do that. For me, let me just enjoy it and embrace it.”

Why do I get the impression he is taking the piss out his family?

He'd better be gone before next August. Useless cunt.

Yes remember how you laughed at him telling us he'd finish as our top scorer............ :avbhumph:
I've never replied directly to any of your posts...... mainly because I have been struck by your blind devotion to this guy in the face of..... well a lot of negative shit, so much so that your posts are irrelevant (regarding this guy)
I just wonder what you will do when he's removed from the squad...... which frankly is just a matter of time.

“I’m a Togolese boy who has suffered a lot, and today I’m in Europe. My junior brother, my senior brother, my uncle – I think they would love to be in my position, being a footballer, being a striker for Tottenham. Trust me. Even just travelling with the team, a lot of my family members, a lot of my countrymen, would love to do that. For me, let me just enjoy it and embrace it.”

Why do I get the impression he is taking the piss out his family?

He'd better be gone before next August. Useless cunt.

Everyone has family members that die, the clown is deluded and milking every penny from every angle.
Suffered a lot.........prick doesn't have a clue. A mate of mine works as a cleaner - he's a top boy, but not the brightest spark.
His sister was coerced by gangs into prostitution when she was young, his brother has down syndrome, his mum has cerebral palsy and his dad is nowhere to be seen. The family lives on scraps and he's one of my best mates and I'm humbled and shamed by his friendship and attitude to life.

Everyone has family members that die, the clown is deluded and milking every penny from every angle.
Suffered a lot.........prick doesn't have a clue. A mate of mine works as a cleaner - he's a top boy, but not the brightest spark.
His sister was coerced by gangs into prostitution when she was young, his brother has down syndrome, his mum has cerebral palsy and his dad is nowhere to be seen. The family lives on scraps and he's one of my best mates and I'm humbled and shamed by his friendship and attitude to life.

Oh so your mate is the benchmark for how a human reacts to a tragedy then. Was your mate in a massacre too holding friends while they died from gunshot wounds?

Newsflash, people berieve in different ways.

Your friend has zero relevence to Ade. Its like saying "that girl coped with being raped, so every other girl should should just get over it"

Bit sick that to be honest mate

Oh so your mate is the benchmark for how a human reacts to a tragedy then. Was your mate in a massacre too holding friends while they died from gunshot wounds?

Your friend has zero relevence to Ade. Its like saying "that girl coped with being raped, so every other girl should should just get over it"

It's funny how this massacre thing is brought up by all his sympathisers everytime as a justification for him being a cunt. Or the fact he has lost family members so he never does a pre season or completes a season.

He himself signs off with #lifeisblessed on every message he twats.

I judge a person by their actions. Not their words.
ok...well maybe you have been around him personally for the last few years then.

Or are his actions Twitter to you?

Anyway, football comes second to life, and when Sol Campbells dad died, I thought the Spurs fans rejoicing in it were scum of humanity.

Now you're trolling Sammy.

And he does have zero relevance to Ade.. mainly because he's in a different league to that guy.

Ade wasn't in a "massacre" (dramatisastion - the siege lasted for at least 30 minutes.The bus driver, Mário Adjoua, was killed, cutting off all possible means of escape. The passengers hid beneath the seats. A security team of around 10 men in two cars travelling with the team returned the attackers' fire).Traumatic - yes, massacre - no.

My mate also doesn't live in a mansion, have a fantastic job, work a couple of hours each day, drive around in Bentleys, post instagrams all the time showing off stuff - including pics which are controversial to the teams fans he plays for blah blah blah.

In this particular instance there's a comparison between a moment of trauma to a lifetime of hardship - who's suffered more? who's stepped up? It's not me that looking to polarise this either.... it's Ade deflecting and blaming all the time. That's how some folks are... excusists - glass half empty, blaming others and and other things rather than stepping up, which was really what I was trying to get at.
Eventually the excuses wear thin, especially taking into context the privileged position.
Man, if the guy turned up and put a shift in, didn't post controversial shit, do controversial shit on the pitch - he'd be a frickin hero with his story.

Yeah people berieve in different ways, but also people handle a lot of situations differently. Some handle adversity with dignity. Some look for excuses.

On a side note I don't think any girl really copes with being raped... they live with it and that experience forms and becomes a part of their personality - sometimes to drastic effects.
I've dated a girl that had an abusive dad and can only surmise it might have a similar effect. She was smoking hot, but boy did she have issues...like, public shows of affection were a huge step for her.

Last edited:
ok...well maybe you have been around him personally for the last few years then.

Or are his actions Twitter to you?

Anyway, football comes second to life, and when Sol Campbells dad died, I thought the Spurs fans rejoicing in it were scum of humanity.

I don't do Twitter and had no idea the nut jobs dad had died. Even if I did it's irrellevant to me.

Now you're trolling Sammy.

And he does have zero relevance to Ade.. mainly because he's in a different league to that guy.

Ade wasn't in a "massacre" (dramatisastion - the siege lasted for at least 30 minutes.The bus driver, Mário Adjoua, was killed, cutting off all possible means of escape. The passengers hid beneath the seats. A security team of around 10 men in two cars travelling with the team returned the attackers' fire.).

My mate also doesn't live in a mansion, have a fantastic job, work a couple of hours each day, drive around in Bentleys, post instagrams all the time showing off stuff - including pics which are controversial to the teams fans he plays for blah blah blah.

In this particular instance there's a comparison between a moment of trauma to a lifetime of hardship - who's suffered more? who's stepped up?. It's not me that looking to polarise this either.. it's Ade deflecting and blaming all the time. That's how some folks are... excusists - glass half empty, blaming others and and other things rather than stepping up, which was really what I was trying to get at.
Eventually the excuses wear thin, especially taking into context the privileged position.
Man if the guy turned up and put a shift in, didn't post controversial shit, do controversial shit on the pitch - he'd be a frickin hero with his story.

Yeah people berieve in different ways, but also people handle a lot of situations differently. Some handle adversity with dignity. Some look for excuses.

On a side note I don't think any girl really copes with being raped... they live with it and that experience forms and becomes a part of their personality - sometimes to drastic effects.
I've dated a girl that had an abusive dad and can only surmise it might have a similar effect. She was smoking hot, but boy did she have issues...like, public shows of affection were a huge step for her.

In regard to his 'massacre' I am always minded to think of the Sri Lankan teams actual massacre. And how they coped with it.

I take the point everyone is different but there are huge parallels in both stories.

Back
Top Bottom