Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With Soldado looking more & more like a Sunday league player, I just hope that he gets some game time now if needed. Don't like the bloke & hope we can shift him ASAP, but if Harry needs a rest,then tonight has shown that we need another player up front rather than Bobby. Am putting club & head before heart when I say this... A very heavy heart.

Last edited:
With Soldado looking more & more like a Sunday league player, I just hope that he gets some game time now if needed. Don't like the bloke & hope we can shift him ASAP, but if Harry needs a rest,then tonight has shown that we need another player up front rather than Bobby. Am putting club & head before heart when I say this... A very heavy heart.

Kane is 21 years old and could play every game from now till Xmas. With no downside.

Poch fucked up tonight. Harry's 60 min break of pkaying football tonight will have absolutely no bearing on how he will play on Sunday.

But to stay on topic. Adebola is a cunt and should keep his infection away from our squad. On that Poch is right.

Agree 100% with this.
Really saddens me to admit that Soldado's not up to it. Saddens me more to think we'll be seeing Ade in a spurs shirt but I don't see any other solutions.

Ade maybe lazy but he never seems to lack the confidence to take a shot. If that Soldado chance was presented to him, I think he will shoot rather than pass.

Ade maybe lazy but he never seems to lack the confidence to take a shot. If that Soldado chance was presented to him, I think he will shoot rather than pass.
Or at least shape to shoot and pass, or shape to pass and shoot, but not roll the ball back to the keeper like hansen to clemence.

2620353E00000578-0-image-a-75_1424978590498.jpg

the fact he, Kaboul and Coupe did not travel yesterday suggests three things

1, they are all injured
2. all three will play at Wembley
3. Poch has frozen them out, for whatever reasons, and they have no future at the club

My money is on 3

It is really strange about Ade. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait until he fucks off. But January 30th, Poch says something like "I am glad he didnt go to the Spammers. He is an important player for the team"

And now, Poch does not even include him in the squad.

the fact he, Kaboul and Coupe did not travel yesterday suggests three things

1, they are all injured
2. all three will play at Wembley
3. Poch has frozen them out, for whatever reasons, and they have no future at the club

My money is on 3
Which is a massive annoyance if it is number 3, as we have 3 players on the payroll that the manager doesn't want.

Which is a massive annoyance if it is number 3, as we have 3 players on the payroll that the manager doesn't want.

It’s not as simple as that though is it?

He may have had no choice? If no one wanted to buy / loan them and the players didn’t want to leave or cancel their contracts (why would they?)

Plus Poch doesn’t have a crystal ball; he may have been in a position where he was forced to play them due to injury or suspension. Fortunately that hasn’t happened as contrary to form our injury record has been exemplarily this season. But if adequate replacements weren’t on the cards then I can see why we didn’t just ship them out to the first bidder.

It’s not as simple as that though is it?

He may have had no choice? If no one wanted to buy / loan them and the players didn’t want to leave or cancel their contracts (why would they?)

Plus Poch doesn’t have a crystal ball; he may have been in a position where he was forced to play them due to injury or suspension. Fortunately that hasn’t happened as contrary to form our injury record has been exemplarily this season. But if adequate replacements weren’t on the cards then I can see why we didn’t just ship them out to the first bidder.
You can discuss transfers when the window is closed, with a view to concluding them when it's open.

I don't see how it could be that hard to negotiate the loan/sale of these players, even if you don't get as much as you's first hoped. We wrote off Assou-Ekotto's contract, so we arent averse to this kind of thing.
With regard to replacements, is there any point replacing someone who rarely even makes the bench?

If they are around the club day to day, interacting with first team players, they are going to affect morale. We should have either shipped them out, or integrated them back into the squad with a view to moving them on in the summer. What we've done is the worst of both worlds.

I think it's pointless to pretend to know how hard it is to sell/loan players out. To me it seems there's a lot of people who need to be happy with a deal, all it takes is one of them to not be and the whole thing falls apart.

You can discuss transfers when the window is closed, with a view to concluding them when it's open.

I don't see how it could be that hard to negotiate the loan/sale of these players, even if you don't get as much as you's first hoped. We wrote off Assou-Ekotto's contract, so we arent averse to this kind of thing.
With regard to replacements, is there any point replacing someone who rarely even makes the bench?

If they are around the club day to day, interacting with first team players, they are going to affect morale. We should have either shipped them out, or integrated them back into the squad with a view to moving them on in the summer. What we've done is the worst of both worlds.

I agree with what your saying, but we can disucss transfer policy untill we are blue in the face (and some do on here) without actually having any idea what the throught process is behind these sort of decisions.

Although its probably has a lot to do with this.

url

I agree with what your saying, but we can disucss transfer policy untill we are blue in the face (and some do on here) without actually having any idea what the throught process is behind these sort of decisions.

Although its probably has a lot to do with this.

url
I suppose we are just speculating as to the reasons why they are still there.....

Still frustrating though if they aren't doing anything to help the club.

Back
Top Bottom