Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ok...well maybe you have been around him personally for the last few years then.

Or are his actions Twitter to you?

Anyway, football comes second to life, and when Sol Campbells dad died, I thought the Spurs fans rejoicing in it were scum of humanity.
To be fair bud. I agree with you on this - football is football.
Anyone losing their dad - I offer my condolences

I've never replied directly to any of your posts...... mainly because I have been struck by your blind devotion to this guy in the face of..... well a lot of negative shit, so much so that your posts are irrelevant (regarding this guy)
I just wonder what you will do when he's removed from the squad...... which frankly is just a matter of time.

I'll wish him well and move on.

It's funny how this massacre thing is brought up by all his sympathisers everytime as a justification for him being a cunt. Or the fact he has lost family members so he never does a pre season or completes a season.

He himself signs off with #lifeisblessed on every message he twats.

Who says he is a cunt though? not people within the club, his team mates love him, and all say about how hard he trains.

Your "Ade" is built on urban myth, nothing more.

I don't think he's a bad person, just someone who's never quite able to consistently match achievements to potential. I remember Jenas earlier this year when he was doing match commentary summing Ade up with: "he'll look back on his career and think he didn't achieve everything he could have."

I think that's the best way to sum it up. He was a genuinely world class striker when he could match his talent to application. Aside from one truly monster season for us, that never quite happened. Anywhere. I don't think that's down to being a victim of terrorism (which he definitely is), as this was a feature of his career before that incident as well.

But that does not mean I think he is a bad person, or a terrible player. He's not very concerned about fan and media opinions of him, and that's actually a good thing. I think he is a very talented player who never quite matched consistency to his talent, and is now at the point where age is robbing him of the opportunity to access that talent. He will need to go because he isn't good enough anymore. That happens to every player at some point.

I don't think he's a bad person, just someone who's never quite able to consistently match achievements to potential. I remember Jenas earlier this year when he was doing match commentary summing Ade up with: "he'll look back on his career and think he didn't achieve everything he could have."

I think that's the best way to sum it up. He was a genuinely world class striker when he could match his talent to application. Aside from one truly monster season for us, that never quite happened. Anywhere. I don't think that's down to being a victim of terrorism (which he definitely is), as this was a feature of his career before that incident as well.

But that does not mean I think he is a bad person, or a terrible player. He's not very concerned about fan and media opinions of him, and that's actually a good thing. I think he is a very talented player who never quite matched consistency to his talent, and is now at the point where age is robbing him of the opportunity to access that talent. He will need to go because he isn't good enough anymore. That happens to every player at some point.

This is what makes me mad. Ade, Balotelli (to name a few) are living most school boys dream. To be a professional footballer. Yet, they can't be arsed to put a shift in. Its all our dreams to pull on the shirt and play for Tottrenham. So when a player can't be fucking arsed, it winds me up. So that is why I cannot wait til he fucks off.

This is what makes me mad. Ade, Balotelli (to name a few) are living most school boys dream. To be a professional footballer. Yet, they can't be arsed to put a shift in. Its all our dreams to pull on the shirt and play for Tottrenham. So when a player can't be fucking arsed, it winds me up. So that is why I cannot wait til he fucks off.

And I would pull that Spurs shirt on for FREE!!

The guy has serious issues. & that's being serious. He isn't going to burst back into the first team & catapult us single handedly into top 4 contention with his goals or work rate. I have some awful memories of the bloke. But he really could hit the top notes on occasions & probably will somewhere else. So for the decent stuff he did for us - well done son. But he does need to find another club now. All jokes/hatred aside.

The past is done, all I can think is that the money we spend on him can be used for better purposes. If he's not in Poch's plans then we should off-load, even if we don't get anything for him.

Back
Top Bottom