Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really clutching at straws there Gibbsy. I'm pretty sure if you put me in a Spurs shirt and told me that all I had to do was "tangle with defenders" to get paid 100k + per week then I'd be pretty fucking effective at it.

I'm showing how he was directly involved in goals in his most recent games. How am I clutching at straws compared to say Tdub claiming Soldado "almost" getting an assist pointed to why he should start ahead of Ade?

Fair comments Mensa, but I distinctly remember having arguments in which I quoted Sherwood's and Poch's records and people said like things like I was comparing apples and oranges. Well I wasn't, I was comparing two managers.

Anyway, great for people to back Poch, shame so many couldn't wait to attack Tim and so many insulted him in such unfair ways.

Fair comments Mensa, but I distinctly remember having arguments in which I quoted Sherwood's and Poch's records and people said like things like I was comparing apples and oranges. Well I wasn't, I was comparing two managers.

Anyway, great for people to back Poch, shame so many couldn't wait to attack Tim and so many insulted him in such unfair ways.

But this is where it all becomes impossible, so you can't compare any manager really, every season is different, all the teams are different, all our players are different, Harry had King, Bale, Modric, VDV and got 4th against a Man City team containing Adam Johnson, Shaun Wright Phillips, Wayne Bridge and Craig Bellamy, now when we play city things are slightly different and I can't say if Harry would have got the 1-0 now or if AVB would have got the 1-0 then

So any Sherwood vs Poch argument is dead because its all totally different, Sherwood had nothing to lose, Poch has to get his hands filthy here to try and build some kind of philisophy, he could fail miserably i bloody hope not as in this world of Gooners, ISIS and god knows who else, why moan about the people you support so quickly?

Yes Sherwood was treated badly by fans me included, he became a figurehead for a season that went wrong the minute Bale was sold, and good luck to him in the future as anywhere is easier than our madhouse!!!

Ade is woeful and he was finished for me in the Europa legaue tie away at Inter, nudged a goal in and did fuck all else all night and could not be arsed to even applaud fans like me for making the trip over, fuck him, he might wear our shirt but hes only here for the money and that no other club will touch him as he is posion whereever he goes

And how do you feel Bobby and Harry feel, knowing that an unfit striker is playing ahead of them and hes not even any good

So yeah i am calling out a player in our shirt and i have earned the fucking right to, following this club home and away and abroad for over 30 years gives me that right and whether you think that is right or wrong makes no fucking difference to me.

But this is where it all becomes impossible, so you can't compare any manager really, every season is different, all the teams are different, all our players are different, Harry had King, Bale, Modric, VDV and got 4th against a Man City team containing Adam Johnson, Shaun Wright Phillips, Wayne Bridge and Craig Bellamy, now when we play city things are slightly different and I can't say if Harry would have got the 1-0 now or if AVB would have got the 1-0 then

So any Sherwood vs Poch argument is dead because its all totally different, Sherwood had nothing to lose, Poch has to get his hands filthy here to try and build some kind of philisophy, he could fail miserably i bloody hope not as in this world of Gooners, ISIS and god knows who else, why moan about the people you support so quickly?

Yes Sherwood was treated badly by fans me included, he became a figurehead for a season that went wrong the minute Bale was sold, and good luck to him in the future as anywhere is easier than our madhouse!!!
Fair comments again, but I don't think I've been quick to criticize Poch. Compared to people who were lining up to have a go at Sherwood almost before he'd got his gilet on, I've been slower than the average glacier.

But playing Ade who was ill, now the criticism starts in earnest from me.

I hope Poch can still turn it around, but I doubt very much he will.

Fair comments again, but I don't think I've been quick to criticize Poch. Compared to people who were lining up to have a go at Sherwood almost before he'd got his gilet on, I've been slower than the average glacier.

But playing Ade who was ill, now the criticism starts in earnest from me.

I hope Poch can still turn it around, but I doubt very much he will.
After 9 games? Call yourself a supporter? Fuck off mate. You've got old and bitter. Don't share it around please.

Wow can't believe the stick Adebayor is getting here. I was at the game and he got numerous rounds of applause from crowd for his pressing and running. He gave it his all IMO. Maybe he should be benched because of his form but I don't think his effort has been a problem once this season. He got stuck with that label long ago and it's proved impossible to shake. Him being lazy is one of the biggest fallacies in the game IMO.

Dropped on form? No problem with that. Dropped because of effort? I'm not having it. I saw it live and effort was not the issue.

Wow can't believe the stick Adebayor is getting here. I was at the game and he got numerous rounds of applause from crowd for his pressing and running. He gave it his all IMO. Maybe he should be benched because of his form but I don't think his effort has been a problem once this season. He got stuck with that label long ago and it's proved impossible to shake. Him being lazy is one of the biggest fallacies in the game IMO.

Dropped on form? No problem with that. Dropped because of effort? I'm not having it. I saw it live and effort was not the issue.
His form is poor and he appears to be un-droppable. This causes resentment when we have a player who deserves a chance - a guy who is scoring in every game when he gets a chance - as we saw last Thursday. If Ade is scoring or assisting, fine, but he's not doing enough to warrant the lone striker role IMO. First and second touch clumsy, and his faux pressing runs are fooling very few.

I agree. The pure hatred for Ade is pretty palpable. It's not like Chadli and co did more than Ade and I don't see prople calling them a peice of shit.

It's also pretty funny seeing some posters who weeks ago were saying Kane is only championship quality and too slow for this team are now not only pushing for him to start, but are actually piling on other people who don't rate him!

I wanted Kane to start months ago and it's amazing how much shit I got from people on this board who seem to seesaw wildly with each game.

Last edited:
Time to sack up and stop making excuses for your shit performances.
You sick? Don't play in a professional football match with points on the line when adequate back up is available.
Shit and full of excuses, or selfish. You choose...

This is basically how most of the Ade hate is propagated. New American fans read this, then pass it on and a new generation of Ade hating fans emerge parroting it.

Unless of course you have an interview of him stating he slowed down because of his bad stomach?

Making shit up is character assassination. He made no such excuse.

His form is poor and he appears to be un-droppable. This causes resentment when we have a player who deserves a chance - a guy who is scoring in every game when he gets a chance - as we saw last Thursday. If Ade is scoring or assisting, fine, but he's not doing enough to warrant the lone striker role IMO. First and second touch clumsy, and his faux pressing runs are fooling very few.

Like I said, if you want him dropped because of form I won't complain. But anyone saying anything about him not caring and being lazy are completely wrong IMO. I saw him put in a hard working shift on Sunday. Was it a good performance? No. It was okay maybe. But that wasn't down to work rate. That's all I'm saying.

Back
Top Bottom