Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me Yarmolenko, N'jie or Werner, and some center mid like Bender or Kramer and that is an absolutely perfect window to me. Not even bothered if we miss out on Berahino. I really want Yarmolenko though...

One thing that I'd like to point out.

The club has come out and said that although they'd like to do business early, inevitably much of it will be done in the last 2 weeks due to the nature of the market.

Therefore it is silly to keep moaning about players we may or may not be missing out on at the moment. If the club said we were looking for players ASAP then it would be understandable to be angry at missed opportunities but that is not the case.

So either,

- be angry that the club wishes to leave it to the last 2 weeks, in which case call Levy a cunt and move on.

or

- sit tight and be patient

You can't have it both ways by saying we're going to leave it too late (last 2 weeks) to do business whilst moaning about missed "targets" that we're not signing right now.

There's good reason to expect some signings. Our recruitment team will have identified multiple targets in case of last minute fuck ups. Levy generally backs a manager in their second season.

Soldado appears to be the next one gone, the Club is done with Ade through one way or the other, and Lennon will probably be one of those deadline day(ish) transfers. Other than that, I'd personally sell Townsend if any sort of a decent offer comes along. As for incomings ....

Bender or Kramer ... and any 2 of Yarmo, Berahino, or Werner ... would conclude an EPIC window. Still almost a whole month left, so a lot could happen.

:avbpray:

Soldado appears to be the next one gone, the Club is done with Ade through one way or the other, and Lennon will probably be one of those deadline day(ish) transfers. Other than that, I'd personally sell Townsend if any sort of a decent offer comes along. As for incomings ....

Bender or Kramer ... and any 2 of Yarmo, Berahino, or Werner ... would conclude an EPIC window. Still almost a whole month left, so a lot could happen.

:avbpray:
Mate, i'd even throw Dembele in as a potential out - this will enable us to use Alli and Mason more in an attacking midfield role that Dembele has been playing.
Kramer preferred but can see us getting Bender as more likely. Yarmolenka has to come in as an upgrade on Townsend (who needs to play wk to wk, say eg.Watford, Newc, Norwich).

Berahino is a must, but we are pushed beyond £18-20mill can see us walking away in favour of say Austin at £15mill. Kane needs a rest and we can't default (as immediate backup) to untested Werner/N'jie.

I'll say it again - good or fair fortune with refs/linies, low injuries and 2nd yr Poch we have a good/strong shot at 4th.

Mate, i'd even throw Dembele in as a potential out - this will enable us to use Alli and Mason more in an attacking midfield role that Dembele has been playing.
Kramer preferred but can see us getting Bender as more likely. Yarmolenka has to come in as an upgrade on Townsend (who needs to play wk to wk, say eg.Watford, Newc, Norwich).

Berahino is a must, but we are pushed beyond £18-20mill can see us walking away in favour of say Austin at £15mill. Kane needs a rest and we can't default (as immediate backup) to untested Werner/N'jie.

I'll say it again - good or fair fortune with refs/linies, low injuries and 2nd yr Poch we have a good/strong shot at 4th.
Agree with everything, except the Dembele part.
Aside of me being a fan of his, I say that we should keep him for at least one more year ... for experience and stuff. Even though, I don't wana see Dembele play on wings again, I really think that he'll be back to his very best again. And no need to worry, I still think Alli and Mason will get ample game time from Poch. And if Dembele still continues to 'flatter to deceive' majorly, please do sell him next season then.

Last edited:
Agree with everything, except the Dembele part.
Aside of me being a fan of his, I say that we should keep him for at least one more year ... for experience and stuff. Even though, I don't wana see Dembele play on wings again, I really think that he'll be back to his very best again. And no need to worry, I still think Alli and Mason will get ample game time from Poch. And if Dembele still continues to 'flatter to deceive' majorly, please do sell him next season then.
Hey SinghYid, mate I like him as well even got shirt with his name, but lets face it when Poch chooses to play you on the wing in a TRIAL game and play kids centrally that means POCH does not have you in mind for the full season.
Levy has to say - he is 28, 2 yrs left on contract and we ain't gonna extend, so sorry Mousa 4 yrs at THFC is something to be proud of, now go and get a 3/4yr contract at Sunderland etc.... We get a valuable say £8-10mill. Buy Bender, preferably Kramer - everyone happy.

So I think I have this:
  1. Old Trafford is a place where we, historically, struggle, meaning even a point is a good result.
  2. Man U, as this thread keeps reminding us, "got their business done correctly: early" and are going to do the treble because of their spending.
  3. Meaning a point is even further out of reach, as the Schei's will lead them to an invincible season.
  4. Yet unless Levy buys a player in 15 minutes, we're not showing proper ambition and destroying the season on the very first day.
  5. Because we're sending a half-cocked side to Old Trafford.
  6. Where we, historically, struggle, meaning even a point is a good result.
Right. Fuck Levy.

[QUOTE="Totti, post: 833241, member: 6034"
I think it's clear we're after a forward, wide man and a central midfielder. [/QUOTE]
And with 6 days until the big kick off we've signed none of them. Wouldn't it have been nice if just for one transfer window Levy had put our shortcomings on the pitch before his legendary penny pinching brinkmanship

[QUOTE="Totti, post: 833241, member: 6034"
I think it's clear we're after a forward, wide man and a central midfielder.
And with 6 days until the big kick off we've signed none of them. Wouldn't it have been nice if just for one transfer window Levy had put our shortcomings on the pitch before his legendary penny pinching brinkmanship[/QUOTE]
When we're talking millions of pounds one can't call it penny pinching.

So much for Berahino

Man City eye Berahino swoop
Manchester City are looking to trump their rivals to the signing of West Brom striker Saido Berahino. The England forward is valued at £25 million.

Source: Daily Mirror
Not being funny but if he goes there I wouldn't have wanted him anyway. Wouldn't get a sniff of a game and must know that.

We will probably lose to Utd on the opening day. Not too disheartened if we do so I just hope we get some of these reported deals in as soon as possible. Glad to hear we are targeting quality though in Kramer/Bender and Yarmelenko/Werner/Berahino.. all would strengthen us considerably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom