Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't say weaker, we have improved our defense and the players we have sold were pretty shit tbf.

I am concerned not having a proper quality DM against United. In regards to Kane we at least need some back up by the end of the window and good back up, Berahino would do, better not get a cheap crappy second rate alternative.

Essentially we get Bender, Berahino and possibly Werner we should be in a good place. We get no DM and some reject cover striker our season will run out of gas when Kane gets knackered.

The defence has been improved, but we are much weaker in central midfield.

Last year, the forum Thinkers honed the problem of us leaking some 60 goals, down to the CM leaving the defence horribly exposed. So, have we even addressed the real issue. The core problem.

Possibly not. We have decimated the cover, Mason as far as I know has had a pretty heavy injury this pre season, and is the player that should be back up anyway. Not the guy showing another rookie the ropes.

We may well sign McCarthy at the last minute.....for 25M because Everton dont actually give a fuck that we will be desperate. But in all likliness, the deal will fall through at midnight due to paperwork, fax machines, tough negotiations, not enough time blah blah blaaaaaaah.

It would be very nice to get Bender, Berahino and Werner. History tells me we wont.

It would have been nicer to have any one of them for the opener though, yet people have written off that game because "we dont win there anyway".

We had won there 2 years on the spin.

This squad minus Toby just got fucking destroyed up there last season though, and we have not even considered improving it in time for the game.

Last edited:
People moan and wine about levy as if they have the first idea who our actual targets are and what conversations are going on behind closed doors.

But people like you will whine and moan if the window shuts and we didnt improve.

Despite the fact that they dont have have "the first idea who our actual targets are and what conversations are going on behind closed doors"

Taking 4 points off the League Champions I guess.

What was Liverpool's? You seem to follow them pretty closely.

4pts off Chelsea? Maybe you missed the 3-0 rape at the Bridge.

I seem to follow Liverpool closer than you follow Spurs.

Personally, Id have been happier to take more than 6-9pts (as opposed to 1pt) from the 4 games v Stoke and Palace, than 3pts from the champions.

Not sure why anyone is surprised. Levy does this every single window. He leaves us short at the start of the season and 9 times out of 10 it backfires but he never learns. I don't think we got a chance against united anyway but for once it would of been nice to be prepared with a complete rosta of new players integrated into the team beforehand. Ah well I guess it's another frustrating deadline day window where we will be scrambling around trying to sign Berahino for 8 mil on the final day only for it to fail and we go for some shit 2nd rate alternative

4pts off Chelsea? Maybe you missed the 3-0 rape at the Bridge.

I seem to follow Liverpool closer than you follow Spurs.

Personally, Id have been happier to take more than 6-9pts (as opposed to 1pt) from the 4 games v Stoke and Palace, than 3pts from the champions.

errr City were the Champions when they played them last season.

Fair enough. He backs my point about freak performances not being the norm then.

I think we can all see that we had some brilliant performances and some absolutely woeful ones. I think maintaining a similar squad to last season could eradicate a few problems with consistency. There were exciting games, not always for how bloody good we were but for the way we won. Not a dig, but being at the games enhances this as I'm sure you'll understand the joy at a minute winner, for example.

Saying that, Levy does need to put his hand in his pocket for one or two quality additions and anyone saying otherwise is being daft. Were the signings to be done on deadline day then players have missed 4 league games already so I can see why this can be an issue, it's hardly ideal. With an international break for 2 weeks after this its unlikely we'll get the best of any signing until October at the earliest.

Then again, none of us really have a clue what is going on behind the scenes so everything is pure speculation. Just got to hope it didn't bite us on the arse I suppose, what more as fans can we do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom