Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistic but sexy squad -

GK - Lloris, Vorm
Rb - Walker, Yedlin
Cb - Fazio, Vertonghen, Dier, Reid
Lb - Rose, Davies, Ogilvie
Cm - Bentaleb, Mason, Stambouli, Alli, Winks
3 Behind Striker - Lamela, Townsend, Eriksen, Pritchard, Chadli, J-Rod, Dembele
St - Kane, Slimani, Ings

GK - Lloris, Vorm
Rb - Walker, Yedlin
St - Kane, Slimani, Ings

Think Fredericks could offer something at right back ahead of Yedlin next season. Looks good for Boro.

Summer window wish list;
Key: Position-Expensive/Realistic/Cheap(Ideal)
CB-Laporte/Musacchio/Schar(Schar)
CDM-Carvahlo/McCarthy/M'Vila(Carvahlo)
CM-Verratti/Thiago/Cabaye(Thiago)
Winger-Depay/Gaitan/Perisic(Depay)
Forward-Lacazette/Icardi/Zaza(Lacazette)
3rd choice ST-Volland/Wilson/Ings(Ings)
Are you suggesting that Thiago Alcantara is a realistic signing? As in, before injury, the player that had just established himself as BAYERN MUNICH'S number 1 CM?

GK - Lloris, Vorm
Rb - Walker, Yedlin
St - Kane, Slimani, Ings
I'd be willing to swap out two of Townsend/J-Rod/Dembele/Stambouli for Onomah and Oduwa.

Don't know when it will happen considering how young he is but Onomah seems like the tailor made replacement for Dembele's current #10. Onomah is a super athlete, good on the ball (though obviously not as good as Dembele), and a great passer. Assuming he picks up the pressing game—which shouldn't be a problem—he looks like he could be a great fit in that type of role.

I was really impressed with both Reid and Tomkins on the weekend. With the exception of that weird ball over the top where Kane hit the post they were imperious. If we get Reid for free this summer I think that would be superb value, he's quality.

Are you suggesting that Thiago Alcantara is a realistic signing? As in, before injury, the player that had just established himself as BAYERN MUNICH'S number 1 CM?
Didn't know who to put there really but if I'm honest didn't realise he was back in the team so yeah point taken that one is a no go sorry for my stupidness once again maybe someone like Schneiderlin or Lars Bender at a push

I was really impressed with both Reid and Tomkins on the weekend. With the exception of that weird ball over the top where Kane hit the post they were imperious. If we get Reid for free this summer I think that would be superb value, he's quality.
Is Reid really that good? Is he a top 4 centre back? I haven't seen that much of him (I cannot stand watching fat Sam's teams) but just can't see how a converted right back with a bit of an attitude will be a future Spurs stalwart. I wish we'd gone after Nastasic. One of the Manure CBs (Blackett / McNair) might be good.

Is Reid really that good? Is he a top 4 centre back? I haven't seen that much of him (I cannot stand watching fat Sam's teams) but just can't see how a converted right back with a bit of an attitude will be a future Spurs stalwart. I wish we'd gone after Nastasic. One of the Manure CBs (Blackett / McNair) might be good.
Reid would probably be our 2nd starter atm. Dier has the shear potential to surpass him by next year though. He would be a great 3rd option.

He is substantially better than any of those players. I really rate West Ham's backline unfortunately, barring Jenkinson. Cresswell is a damn good LB and both Reid and Tomkins would be our second CB next to Vertonghen IMO. I thought their backline was excellent against us and were not at fault for either of our goals.

Reid would probably be our 2nd starter atm. Dier has the shear potential to surpass him by next year though. He would be a great 3rd option.

He is substantially better than any of those players. I really rate West Ham's backline unfortunately, barring Jenkinson. Cresswell is a damn good LB and both Reid and Tomkins would be our second CB next to Vertonghen IMO. I thought their backline was excellent against us and were not at fault for either of our goals.
Fair enough chaps. Will keep an eye out for him until end of the season. It's about time we had a decent CB pairing. I literally can't remember the last time we had a settled partnership of quality.

Fair enough chaps. Will keep an eye out for him until end of the season. It's about time we had a decent CB pairing. I literally can't remember the last time we had a settled partnership of quality.

The other plus about Reid is that he would be free. I'm not sure Reid is traditional "top four quality" but the CB depth in the league is at it's lowest in a long time. Cahill, Zouma, Demichelis, Mangala, Jones, Smalling, McNair, Evans, Koscielny, Monreal, Mertesacker, Yoshida, Fonte, Skrtel, Sahko, and Lovren are all big time contributors at CB to the top six teams.

Then you look at our situation outside of Vertonghen and it is far from great. I'd say Reid is better than almost everything we've got and better than a lot of what other teams have. The CB talent just isn't what it used to be. Who is even the best pairing in the league?

i don't see the need to buy another center back. Verts is top class, Fazio is pretty good, Dier is good and can be great and Chirices is good enough to be an alternative. I would only rate Reid for free or a good young prospect from the academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom