Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else here think of having a go at Paulo Dybala? Argentinian, so that should help with Poch tempting him. Closest to Aguero we can get. Apparently Woolwich are in talks with him.

Real dynamite pace about him and a pretty good finisher. Might be perfect foil for Harry.

I already stated that we need a new CM. Looking at the potential candidates for this position (assuming that we don't play CL next season) I have to say there are nearly no players who could be a really good, realistic signing. Nevertheless, my favourites (along with my concerns...):

Joao Moutinho: Perfect type of player, is like a dynamo in midfield but has the ability to play great passes into dangerous areas aswell. Defensively very stable player. Main concerns: Price, Wage, Willingness to join Spurs (Nevertheless my favourite, I'm still mourning about that day two and a half years ago when we just narrowly missed out to sign him :(...)

James McCarthy: IMO Moutinho light, but better defensively, worse in terms of creativity, but has experience in the PL. Main concerns: Price, Evertons Willingness to let him go

James Ward-Prowse: Could fill the place of a deep-lying playmaker that we quite lack (despite maybe Bentaleb). Holds position much more than Mason defenively. Main concerns: Soton maybe playing CL, defensive ability (quite light body if I see him playing...)

Yohan Cabaye: Very creative, knows the PL well, well rounded player. Main concerns: Willingness to join us, overall workrate (isn't as hard-working as Mason...)

James Milner: Could join us for free, very hard working player who can be used very versatile (on the left wing e.g.), experienced, quite creative aswell. Main concerns: Willingness to join us, wage, defensive ability (although that's not such a big concern...).

What do you say? Who are your candidates for CM position or do you think we don't need anyone new there?
I've heard that Moutinho hasn't been the same player that he used to be while at Monaco. Do you know anything about that? I don't really rate McCarthy that highly, I don't think he'd be worth the money. I like Camacho and Iturraspe from Malaga and Bilbao, I really like Cristoph Kramer for Gladbach, I'd love Cabaye, I wouldn't mind taking a look at Jordy Clasie too. Looks to be quite the player. I definitely believe that we need a CM though. I don't think Capoue is fit for the system and Dembele looks to be better higher up. I'm not too sure how I feel about Stambouli and don't even get me started on Pauli.

Moutinho didn't have a good first half of the season but since late December/January he had a decent increase in form and played quite well (I often watched Monaco because of Bernardo Silva). I won't say he is still the player he was at Porto but he's still world class imo.

Last edited:
I would really like to see vastly experienced CM come in. Joao Moutinho in a perfect world or even a Nigel De Jong or James Milner.

As good as Nabil and Ryan are, I think they'd benefit immensely from a role model of that ilk. To teach them the nuances of elite level CM.
Only getting more and more convinced. Fuck the naysayers. Moutinho.

Also, Abdenourr looks like a quality center back. Apparently he said that he'd be interested in coming here, would make a great Kaboul replacement.

I might rather have Kondogbia than Moutinho but I'd take both. Martial and Abdenourr too.

Kondogbia did quite well against Arse.Anal but in general he isn't playing good for Monaco this season. Still talented though, but not Spurs material yet.

And yeah, if we'd sign Moutinho I'd be the happiest fan on earth...

Anyone else here think of having a go at Paulo Dybala? Argentinian, so that should help with Poch tempting him. Closest to Aguero we can get. Apparently Woolwich are in talks with him.

Real dynamite pace about him and a pretty good finisher. Might be perfect foil for Harry.

Palermo want Pastore-money for him so that's unlikely. Can't see Levy shelling up €30-40 million for him after his latest big money transfer for a Serie A star. The lad is quality though.

If we're going to sign a midfielder how about we sign a creative playmaker. No more Paulinho or Stambouli signings that are decent at some things but good at nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom