Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other plus about Reid is that he would be free. I'm not sure Reid is traditional "top four quality" but the CB depth in the league is at it's lowest in a long time. Cahill, Zouma, Demichelis, Mangala, Jones, Smalling, McNair, Evans, Koscielny, Monreal, Mertesacker, Yoshida, Fonte, Skrtel, Sahko, and Lovren are all big time contributors at CB to the top six teams.

Then you look at our situation outside of Vertonghen and it is far from great. I'd say Reid is better than almost everything we've got and better than a lot of what other teams have. The CB talent just isn't what it used to be. Who is even the best pairing in the league?
Good point. Serious lack of talent. John Stones at Everton looking like a prospect but can't see us getting him. I don't know enough about European / South American leagues - but I suppose that's why we pay Mitchell, Baldini and co.

i don't see the need to buy another center back. Verts is top class, Fazio is pretty good, Dier is good and can be great and Chirices is good enough to be an alternative. I would only rate Reid for free or a good young prospect from the academy.
Fazio still looks like he has a game-losing mistake in him. Long way to go before he's a top 4 starter.

Good point. Serious lack of talent. John Stones at Everton looking like a prospect but can't see us getting him. I don't know enough about European / South American leagues - but I suppose that's why we pay Mitchell, Baldini and co.

Totally agree, I love John Stones as a player. But equally agree that if he were to leave he would probably have much larger interest than just us.

Disagree. He was the captain of the EL winners. The partnership with Vertonghen was great, and they had incredible stats regarding clean sheets.
He's had what, a dozen starts for us and already 2 red cards? Poch can't trust him yet but fact that he bought him speaks volumes - both Argentinian and Poch played as a CB.

Fazio has start keeping clean sheets in the big games.... And there's a few of those coming up so we'll soon see. Who Poch picks on Sunday will tell us everything.

Rumours of us getting Camacho from Malaga make me hard!
Very good player, would fit the role of ball-winning CM destroyer that some people go on about very nicely. He is a great passer, great in the air, reads the game very well and is one of if not The best player at their club. Reminds me of a weird cross between Xabi Alonso and Thiago Motta:freund:

Camacho is a Stambouli type of player, but more agressive, i wouldn't rate him for us just yet. First we have other positions to upgrade, another couple of good wingers (Depay, Kono, Gaitan would be good) and another striker to compete with Kane.

I already stated that we need a new CM. Looking at the potential candidates for this position (assuming that we don't play CL next season) I have to say there are nearly no players who could be a really good, realistic signing. Nevertheless, my favourites (along with my concerns...):

Joao Moutinho: Perfect type of player, is like a dynamo in midfield but has the ability to play great passes into dangerous areas aswell. Defensively very stable player. Main concerns: Price, Wage, Willingness to join Spurs (Nevertheless my favourite, I'm still mourning about that day two and a half years ago when we just narrowly missed out to sign him :(...)

James McCarthy: IMO Moutinho light, but better defensively, worse in terms of creativity, but has experience in the PL. Main concerns: Price, Evertons Willingness to let him go

James Ward-Prowse: Could fill the place of a deep-lying playmaker that we quite lack (despite maybe Bentaleb). Holds position much more than Mason defenively. Main concerns: Soton maybe playing CL, defensive ability (quite light body if I see him playing...)

Yohan Cabaye: Very creative, knows the PL well, well rounded player. Main concerns: Willingness to join us, overall workrate (isn't as hard-working as Mason...)

James Milner: Could join us for free, very hard working player who can be used very versatile (on the left wing e.g.), experienced, quite creative aswell. Main concerns: Willingness to join us, wage, defensive ability (although that's not such a big concern...).

What do you say? Who are your candidates for CM position or do you think we don't need anyone new there?

We should really go all out for a striker or winger(Lacazette, Volland or Depay) once those positions are covered we can look into the lesser needed positions like CB and CM(players like Schar, Musacchio, Camacho, Ward-Prowse or McCarthy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom