Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, does anyone have the strange feeling that Paulo might be here next season?
Idk, Poch is giving him decent amount of
minutes. Maybe he thinks he can help Paulo?

Please don't say that. It horrifies me to think of him still being here next season. The guy makes vinny samways look like fucking pele.

For a highly rated young manager to be giving this guy game time is astonishing, it really is.

I'm praying that he will be gone in the summer. It will be day worth celebrating. I would be more than happy to take the day off work and take him to wherever he wants to go.

Please don't say that. It horrifies me to think of him still being here next season. The guy makes vinny samways look like fucking pele.

For a highly rated young manager to be giving this guy game time is astonishing, it really is.

I'm praying that he will be gone in the summer. It will be day worth celebrating. I would be more than happy to take the day off work and take him to wherever he wants to go.
Samways is more zico than pele

Winger is a spot we need to give a long hard look at. Chadli has been solid this year, though I think his very substantial goal and assists tally slighty exaggerates his quality. Still very good year for him so far.

The real problem is Townsend and Lamela. Both flash quality on occasion but ultimately they are much more frustrating than anything else. Plus we feel pretty lacking in depth on the wings with just the three of them.

I'd like to see us bring back Pritchard next season and go out and buy a Depay type player. I don't think we'll get Depay because of United but someone with a similar profile and price tag would be ideal.

Both Townsend and Lamela deserve another year at the club considering their age and the absolute chaos that has been the club and their individual situations the last two years. However, next year is definitely make or break for both of them and it is time to ramp up the competition for our wing spots.

Winger is a spot we need to give a long hard look at. Chadli has been solid this year, though I think his very substantial goal and assists tally slighty exaggerates his quality. Still very good year for him so far.

The real problem is Townsend and Lamela. Both flash quality on occasion but ultimately they are much more frustrating than anything else. Plus we feel pretty lacking in depth on the wings with just the three of them.

I'd like to see us bring back Pritchard next season and go out and buy a Depay type player. I don't think we'll get Depay because of United but someone with a similar profile and price tag would be ideal.

Both Townsend and Lamela deserve another year at the club considering their age and the absolute chaos that has been the club and their individual situations the last two years. However, next year is definitely make or break for both of them and it is time to ramp up the competition for our wing spots.

I see lamela as more of a general attacking midfielder like eriksen than true winger, I am very worried about Townsend just doesn't ever seen to make the right decision. Depay will be world class I am happy if we but just one striker and him during the summer.

Say we get depay and Ings or Berahino, sell the deadwood and bring through more kids, that's fine with me.

I see lamela as more of a general attacking midfielder like eriksen than true winger, I am very worried about Townsend just doesn't ever seen to make the right decision. Depay will be world class I am happy if we but just one striker and him during the summer.

Say we get depay and Ings or Berahino, sell the deadwood and bring through more kids, that's fine with me.

Yeah I think that would be a good summer as well. Maybe a cheapish center half if Kaboul and Chiriches leave and none of the kids are immediately up to fill that spot.

I understand what you're saying with Lamela but really all our wingers play as more attacking midfields than chalk on the boots wingers so I'm just talking about the position that is nominally labelled RW. My basic point is, Lamela and Townsend need to rapidly improve or need to be replaced. Bringing in Pritchard and someone else to compete should be our next move. It's clear the impact bringing in Ben Davies has had on Danny Rose, I think the same could happen with our wing players.

Summer window wish list;
Key: Position-Expensive/Realistic/Cheap(Ideal)
CB-Laporte/Musacchio/Schar(Schar)
CDM-Carvahlo/McCarthy/M'Vila(Carvahlo)
CM-Verratti/Thiago/Cabaye(Thiago)
Winger-Depay/Gaitan/Perisic(Depay)
Forward-Lacazette/Icardi/Zaza(Lacazette)
3rd choice ST-Volland/Wilson/Ings(Ings)

I like how Eden Hazard plays. I want him. Do you guys think that if Levy got RA really really drunk levy could get him to sign some transfer papers? If so, I say we do that.

^transfer speculation now is just as useful as that. Its not even the end of January. Levy has no idea whether hes getting CL money or 7th place money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom