Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

he seems more direct, like he's added a final pass to his game. still tidy as he was before with recycling the ball and what not. the zidane of north london i would say, if it is not too premature

he seems more direct, like he's added a final pass to his game. still tidy as he was before with recycling the ball and what not. the zidane of north london i would say, if it is not too premature

I believe he was raised in our academy as a CAM. Sherwood brought him in to play the a certain role. I think he's final pass has always been there, he just limits himself going forward.

Thought Bentaleb was excellent and he was my MOTM, just ahead of the likes of Kane, Eriksen and Jan.

Think he has a lot to offer. Dembele should look and learn how direct NB plays. That's what he is supposed to be doing.

Last edited:
Very impressed with Bentaleb today. He was skilful, energetic, constantly calling out and organising - for a young lad he's not afraid to tell the senior players what he wants. Most of all though it's his desire to play and succeed, you can tell it means the world to him.

that one moment where he passed the ball sideways with his first touch on the volley was brilliant. even if it was just a sideways pass, still pretty cool. lol. these subtleties are appreciated given our recent melancholy in the middle of the pitch:mong:: ostrich:

that one moment where he passed the ball sideways with his first touch on the volley was brilliant. even if it was just a sideways pass, still pretty cool. lol. these subtleties are appreciated given our recent melancholy in the middle of the pitch
Due to the TV camera perspective is seemed as if he scuffed it and Lukaku was getting ready to intercept and run through on goal - Rose mk2. Then the ball landed perfectly at Mason's (?) feet. Oh, the relief . . .

If you want an aggressive french midfielder who can pass sideways give me Bentelab any day over capoue

Technically, he's more Algerian than French.

If you want an aggressive Algerian midfielder who can pass sideways give me Bentelab any day over Moussa Saïb

:townhmm:

He's proven Timmy right, the wallys were talking shite, oh Nabil whoooaah...:sherwoodlol:

To be fair, it's reasonably common knowledge that Villas-Boas rated Bentaleb, and had selected him for the Hull Carling Cup game in October last year. What Sherwood did that not many other managers would, is throw him from U21's to First Team regular just like that.

In fairness to the situation, Sherwood had the advantage of knowing much more about him as a player due to proximity, but it will probably never be known whether he used him as a tool (as often managers throw in/sign their 'own' players to help break the ice in the dressing room) or whether he thought he would be first team quality so soon.

One thing for sure is that he looks a different player this season - he seems much more suited in a less attacking role, being almost a Scott Parker type player more than a Modric (something Mason seems closer to), which has led to him being able to show more positional awareness and have more solid games. He often left holes in the formation and wandered out of position last season (seeming to struggle with the role, if there was one, he was given).

Of course we're all judging him on what very little we've seen this season, but he looked much improved and deserving of a place in the line up (which wasn't perhaps the case last year).

Ill admit i was quick to slag him off last year but he played really well yesterday and like others have said i'd now rather have him playing than capoue or that waste of space dembele

Back
Top Bottom