Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was again, my Spurs MOTM. It's hard to admit, but masssive kudos to Tim. Had he not given Nabil that much match experience last year it might have looked different now.

He looked extremely confident tonight.

Last edited:
He was our most consistent cm last yr too. All the 'stepson' comments were typical spurs 'fans' acting the cnut as usual. Not from spain so not 'yesteryears lilywhite'. Morons

He was our most consistent cm last yr too. All the 'stepson' comments were typical spurs 'fans' acting the cnut as usual. Not from spain so not 'yesteryears lilywhite'. Morons

I'll have to disagree with that - Sherwood was his best friend and worst enemy in one - yes, he gave him his big chance and Bentaleb took it, but he should have done better to prevent the comparisons from happening - he was playing a lad of little experience in the midfield against Woolwich and City, so was always going to be the first target for abuse. He was also making mistakes in the games earlier on, which was perhaps down to the pressure of replacing frozen out first teamers and inexperience.

Hardly anyone making 'stepson' comments were intentionally directing it at the player, he just was thrown into the fire as a shield for the discord for TS, in my opinion.

He was again, my Spurs MOTM. It's hard to admit, but masssive kudos to Tim. Had he not goven Nabil that much match experience last year it might have looked different now.

He looked extremely confident tonight.

Dont forget the game time he gave Kane as well.

He had a solid game agreed, and against a formidable Chelsea midfield. Perhaps a bit speculative at times (taking that pot shot from 40 yards out early on gave away possession and led to the first Chelsea goal), but an absence of confidence and a reluctance to commit has been a real problem this season so it would hypocritical to berate him for to having a go.

For me him and Kane where our best players on the night.

Last edited:
Yeah, he's got less than a month left with Spurs. Players usually come back knackered and burnt out as well. Not good news for his development for Spurs.

Here's a match comp of his performance last night

I don't know if he was MOTM, but to haven't been playing in the league for quite some time and then gets thrusts into a Chelsea away game and play like a boss, that shows a lot of character. Good stuff from Bentaleb.

The game favoured his style of play though. Spurs dominating possession, Chelsea content to sit back. He had the time to pick out the passes he wanted and direct his teammates. Would contest that this is the best he's been for Tottenham. I think he played just as well vs. Partizan in Belgrade and against West Ham in the season opener.

Last season's matches vs. Palace and Benfica were his best, in my opinion. Still needs to improve on his man especially defensively. Against Everton he made a team-high seven interceptions, but only completed 1/5 tackles. He has the intelligence, aggression, but maybe not strong enough in one v one encounters just yet.

The incredibly stupid pot shots a la Andros need to go. It's shit like that which makes me say this team doesn't have an identity yet. Some players like Lamela and Eriksen try to play the smooth passing Spanish style of play, then we have guys like Bentaleb and Townsend that take on players then take shots 30 yards out. Poch needs to mold the guys into having one fluid Spurs style.

Back
Top Bottom