Archway sheet metal works on fire!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I am getting on your nerves feel free to put me on ignore. I will try to absorb the blow.
No no, not at all. I am am a puppy in the face of your withering sarcasm. Go for it Jenny kid - when you're getting to me I'll let you know. Why would I ignore you? You're super funny - but don't get get carried away - it only works on here. You're not funny anywhere else, but you probably know that anyway.

Turns out the owners statements were full of complete fabrications

I wonder whether the press was involved

Turns out that Archway was, eventually, a flaming nuisance

180px-Austin_pun.jpg

24 hours later and the news stories are borderline pointless

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-30195756

A fire that gutted the offices of a firm involved a development dispute with Tottenham Hotspur has been described by police as suspicious.

A senior Firefighter said "We have been unable to confirm whether or not this was one of those self-combusting buildings, so best to think it's a bit dodgy for now, innit?"

Ok, I made up the last quote, but is it supposed to be 'news' that it's "suspicious". When is arson not suspicious?

Surely it's possible that an interested party - perhaps one with the audacity to taint a lasagna or bribe a goalkeeper - might have 'persuaded' them to be as stubborn as possible.

True, enough time wasting might just have taken them over the previous planning permission limit with the council (?), but is that really worth the gamble of large financial loss over legal fees and taking (what I assume would be) a substantially lower CPO payment for the land than by settling beforehand?
Unless, of course, that interested party had promised to cover legal fees, or make sure they're financially sorted no matter what... Would that even be illegal? Genuine question.

Y'know what. That makes the most sense of any of the reasons I have considered for their stubbornness. It wouldn't surprise me either, as you said when it comes to problems with achieving their goals each season, a certain interested party always seem to have a run of good fortune which turns the tide in their favour, be it dodgy refereeing decisions that lead to game winning goals during the run in, opposition keepers somehow pulling off the inexplicable, or misfortune befalling their North London opposition both on and off the pitch stifling the progress of the Lilywhite army...there is always some dubious goings on.

Y'know what. That makes the most sense of any of the reasons I have considered for their stubbornness. It wouldn't surprise me either, as you said when it comes to problems with achieving their goals each season, a certain interested party always seem to have a run of good fortune which turns the tide in their favour, be it dodgy refereeing decisions that lead to game winning goals during the run in, opposition keepers somehow pulling off the inexplicable, or misfortune befalling their North London opposition both on and off the pitch stifling the progress of the Lilywhite army...there is always some dubious goings on.
Oh perish the thought...........the manager of the firm is a lifelong Spurs fan and behaved the way he did as all spurs fans would. That would be tantamount to consorting with the devil...............

Back
Top Bottom