Archway sheet metal works on fire!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I reckon it will have to be classified as an unsafe structure, and then the building is going to have to come down.

image.jpg
So is the one it fronts on to. It's on TV if you don't want to risk it, but I think you remind me of the average old woman. Don't go too hard on that by the way.

Look at the state of it. The costs will be insane with or without insurance. No way they can stay open now. Land is useful if you don't have the capital to build on it.
The costs for what? They've got insurance. What's your point? And that joke wasn't obvious, but who cares.
I think you like a little wind up no?

So is the one it fronts on to. It's on TV if you don't want to risk it, but I think you remind me of the average old woman. Don't go too hard on that by the way.

It has nothing to do with what I want or don't want. The Fire Brigade will have to consider the fact that a few thousand people are going to walk within 10 yards of the building, then decide if they want to recommend anything. All I did was ask if the authorities had said anything.

Not to suggest for a moment that your insights are not fascinating of course.

The costs for what? They've got insurance. What's your point? And that joke wasn't obvious, but who cares.
I think you like a little wind up no?
Well, he's not wrong insofar as the insurance may or may not pay out on a great deal of different heads of damage. Building, contents, loss of trade and so on. Not all just under one umbrella. Plus, after that, they still own the land and can play silly buggers over that.

It has nothing to do with what I want or don't want. The Fire Brigade will have to consider the fact that a few thousand people are going to walk within 10 yards of the building, then decide if they want to recommend anything. All I did was ask if the authorities had said anything.

Not to suggest for a moment that your insights are not fascinating of course.
Hey not to suggest that you're not whip smart or anything, but maybe your question should be aimed at the "authorities" and not a hardline Spurs forum. Or did you just want to draw attention to yourself?

It does smack of greed, but; "THST questioned whether the amount of money needed to buy out Archway Steel was significant when considered against the effect of delays and loss of revenue that failure to reach agreement had caused. THFC reiterated that this was not a straightforward matter of paying an excessive amount"

It seems money is not the sole issue, and considering they were originally located in N16, location isn't a prime concern for them either. I'd be interested to know what Archway want, other than to be antagonising cunts.
Surely it's possible that an interested party - perhaps one with the audacity to taint a lasagna or bribe a goalkeeper - might have 'persuaded' them to be as stubborn as possible.

True, enough time wasting might just have taken them over the previous planning permission limit with the council (?), but is that really worth the gamble of large financial loss over legal fees and taking (what I assume would be) a substantially lower CPO payment for the land than by settling beforehand?
Unless, of course, that interested party had promised to cover legal fees, or make sure they're financially sorted no matter what... Would that even be illegal? Genuine question.

Hey not to suggest that you're not whip smart or anything, but maybe your question should be aimed at the "authorities" and not a hardline Spurs forum. Or did you just want to draw attention to yourself?
... because it is obviously out of the question that people on here could have any knowledge of statements relevant to the game.

Back
Top Bottom