Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People gave AVB so much shit for how he dealt with Adebayor but can you blame him after watching this performance? It amazes me how much people go on and on about playing for the shirt but then back a player like Ade. Remember the ridiculous red card against the scum a few years ago that took any chance of us winning out of it? Remember when he ran down the field in the league cup game we were losing and sat on the boards to take a breather in the middle of it? Remember the disgraceful penalty against Basel? Once he comes back everyone forgets about it because he scores a few goals. I don't care how bad Soldado is but at least he gives a shit. I'll take that over someone like Ade anyway.

Last edited:
What pisses me off most about Adebayor is that we've all seen what he can be like when he tries.....

He's obviously a very strange character though - seemingly well liked and respected by his team mates......but only starts playing for the team when he gets a manager sacked.

One of the most irritating parts of watching us get done by a shitty Newcastle side at home was the fact that this plonker managed to net a goal. Unfortunately that means he won't get auto-dropped for his absolute shitshow of a game (and season so far).

Just put this fella to bed, got no more time to give. No more chances to waste. No more encouragement to give.

Is it not obvious to everyone that when Ade wants something (like a contract) he will play hard and show what he can do, if he's got nothing to play for he doesn't care!!

There is a reason why the scum and City offloaded him and we should wise up and do the same. It's so hard to be passionate and behind your team when you see players on the pitch not giving a shit!

Drop him and put Kane up top, at least you see passion, dive and desire from Kane. Granted he might not be the best striker around but at least we can get behind him and share the passion!

Wanker should have been shipped out the season before last, if I was Harry Kane i would have been fucking fuming at being left out yesterday so this overpaid lump of shit can walk around miscontrolling the ball and not giving a fuck.

I now read that Adebayor played despite having an upset stomach. Presumably Poch knew about this, yet still selected him.

This doesn't look good for Poch. I remember pointing out a few times over the summer that Sherwood not only had a better ppg than him, we also beat Soton home and away and under 'clueless' Tim (surely alarm bells rang for the Poch supporters over this, but no apparently) AND we scored more goals per game.

Yet still soooo many said Poch was better than Sherwood. Okaayyy. Apparently the answer to this seeming mystery was to do with 'apples and oranges', or was it 'nuts and fruitcakes'?

Well, we'd best do well in the Cups cos I can't see Poch matching the 'clueless one' in the Lge anytime soon, and probably never with us.

I now read that Adebayor played despite having an upset stomach. Presumably Poch knew about this, yet still selected him.

This doesn't look good for Poch. I remember pointing out a few times over the summer that Sherwood not only had a better ppg than him, we also beat Soton home and away and under 'clueless' Tim (surely alarm bells rang for the Poch supporters over this, but no apparently) AND we scored more goals per game.

Yet still soooo many said Poch was better than Sherwood. Okaayyy. Apparently the answer to this seeming mystery was to do with 'apples and oranges', or was it 'nuts and fruitcakes'?

Well, we'd best do well in the Cups cos I can't see Poch matching the 'clueless one' in the Lge anytime soon, and probably never with us.
Sherwood was rash and unpredictable in the wrong ways. How long would it have been until he upset our players and got himself long touchline bans?

Poch hasn't been in the job with us long enough for all of the criticism he is receiving. The resources he had a Southampton were limited in comparison to what he has now with us. We just need to hope that Levy will let him impose his own style and buy the players he wants to commit towards the style. Levy cant sign the players he wants and expect it to work.

Ade will see out his contract with us now regardless because Levy wont want to take a small amount for him! Kane should have been picked no doubt but Poch went for the 4231 that he favours and that doesn't seem to suit Kane's style of play

Sherwood was rash and unpredictable in the wrong ways. How long would it have been until he upset our players and got himself long touchline bans?

Poch hasn't been in the job with us long enough for all of the criticism he is receiving. The resources he had a Southampton were limited in comparison to what he has now with us. We just need to hope that Levy will let him impose his own style and buy the players he wants to commit towards the style. Levy cant sign the players he wants and expect it to work.

Ade will see out his contract with us now regardless because Levy wont want to take a small amount for him! Kane should have been picked no doubt but Poch went for the 4231 that he favours and that doesn't seem to suit Kane's style of play
Fair enough, I disagree. I thought Poch was way overrated by many before he signed, and sherwood equally underrated. But fine, the 'Poch in Tim out' brigade got their way. I hoped, amd still hope Poch would succeeed. So far though he's failing, and playing an unwell Ade instead of Kane or Soldado, I mean WTF!!!!!!

Poch still has time to turn it round, but if welose tomorrow, oh dear oh dear oh dear. And yes it's not all Poch's fault, many people will know I've been pointing out how overrated ENIC have been by many for years.

But fine, the 'Poch in Tim out' brigade got their way.

Greavsie!?! Sherwood was let go well before we looked towards a new boss, and that was Levy's choice nobody elses, stop crucifying people on here for things that arent true

I dont want to talk about Tim Sherwood, lets just wait and see how good he is at the next job, then he can be properly assessed. How many sub keepers come on and save a penalty after the first choice get sent off - quite a lot, but week in week out season in season out delivering is different than coming in for a quick band aid

Give Poch a chance with these players, you learn 10 times more from a loss than a win, he will know who he can trust, and give Sherwood 2 years at a new club to see how good he is, whenever that job will be, good luck to him

Remember Poch has taken a squad that was wounded from last season, with only Ade performing how he can and Eriksen by the end, has to gee up a bunch of misfits give him time

Fair enough, I disagree. I thought Poch was way overrated by many before he signed, and sherwood equally underrated. But fine, the 'Poch in Tim out' brigade got their way. I hoped, amd still hope Poch would succeeed. So far though he's failing, and playing an unwell Ade instead of Kane or Soldado, I mean WTF!!!!!!

Poch still has time to turn it round, but if welose tomorrow, oh dear oh dear oh dear. And yes it's not all Poch's fault, many people will know I've been pointing out how overrated ENIC have been by many for years.
I think people wanted Frank de Boer or LVG - 90% of people who took part in the poll on here did. There wasn't a 'Poch in Tim' out brigade as I recall, however most people have decided to back our manager and not use a poor-ish start to the season for personal point scoring.

I think people wanted Frank de Boer or LVG - 90% of people who took part in the poll on here did. There wasn't a 'Poch in Tim' out brigade as I recall, however most people have decided to back our manager and not use a poor-ish start to the season for personal point scoring.

And mate I started the thread on Frank De Boer, I was pushing him pre Tim Sherwood and wanted him absolutely badly, and I still back Poch 100%, he's the manager of my football team and we aren't Leeds fucking united.

And mate I started the thread on Frank De Boer, I was pushing him pre Tim Sherwood and wanted him absolutely badly, and I still back Poch 100%, he's the manager of my football team and we aren't Leeds fucking united.
Yep, I was in the de Boer camp too, but I forgot about him the day Poch came in. I don't understand people who live in the past and snipe from the sides.

this overpaid lump of shit can walk around miscontrolling the ball and not giving a fuck.

He's been involved in goals in all of his last 3 games played:

It wasn't just an easy header, he was also heavily involved in the buildup leading to the cross where he scored:

Including our goal of the season where he was scattering defenders like bowling pins:

Southampton involved in winner with great heads up play:
6d55ae42c736616ae3d13face8aabbc3.600x337x109.gif

The fucking ball bounced off the defender for that Lamela goal, that goal only happened because the twat up front miscontrolled the ball. So end of Ocober and you can find three clips of him contributing?

The bloke is a self obsessed arsehole who causes issues whichever club he is at, I would rather have a player with half of this twats so called ability playing than having to rely on the twat to decide if he is in the mood or not,

The fucking ball bounced off the defender for that Lamela goal, that goal only happened because the twat up front miscontrolled the ball. So end of Ocober and you can find three clips of him contributing?

The bloke is a self obsessed arsehole who causes issues whichever club he is at, I would rather have a player with half of this twats so called ability playing than having to rely on the twat to decide if he is in the mood or not,

End of October? I stated IN HIS LAST THREE GAMES HE'S PLAYED. These examples were from his last three games and he's involved in goals.

And the defender was on the floor why when it dropped to Lamela? Was he sleepy and rolling around for no reason? He was tangling with Ade. No getting away from it.

6d55ae42c736616ae3d13face8aabbc3.600x337x109.gif

All from his last 3 games played.

That is our player you are calling "A piece of shit". The same day it came out that he played and scored while playing injured.

Really clutching at straws there Gibbsy. I'm pretty sure if you put me in a Spurs shirt and told me that all I had to do was "tangle with defenders" to get paid 100k + per week then I'd be pretty fucking effective at it.

Back
Top Bottom