Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I generally defend Ade against the lazy criticism which itself is lazy-criticism because he has put some serious shifts in and still been accused of not trying. He is the best striker at the club, probably overall but certainly for the system we play. HOWEVER, on Saturday even I found myself thinking he is pretty shot to bits at the moment as far as a final product and, he did actually look far too dis-interested and 'beaten' several times. Not acceptable in such a match and greatly exposed because of the extra effort and intensity being put in by everybody else.
He's been given a long spell of trust and responsibility, I haven't questioned his attitude like many but, a lack of goals, not providing enough threat and, culminating in that showing on Saturday says it is time for him to take up Thursday duty for a bit.

I've never really been a fan of Ade's and he's looked poor lately.

However, it's very hard to identify any striker that would score a hatful with our approach play.

Exactly. It is beyond me how a player can't be arsed when playing in a NLD, against his former side, in a nice swanky shitty stadium and be on thousands of pounds a week.
Maybe it's because he's on thousands of pounds a week that he doesn't seem to bother.

I can't begin to imagine what damage earning these obscene amounts of money is doing to these young men's' minds. Especially those raised in poverty and who've seen the tragedies that Ade's seen.

Maybe it's because he's on thousands of pounds a week that he doesn't seem to bother.

I can't begin to imagine what damage earning these obscene amounts of money is doing to these young men's' minds. Especially those raised in poverty and who've seen the tragedies that Ade's seen.

I fully appreciate that and god knows what he witnessed and how it must have affected him.

However, my responsibilty is to THFC. My club that I love. If a player is not putting a shift in (for whatever reason), I want them subbed/sold so we can get a forward in who will get us 20 or 25 goals a season and fire us in the top 4 etc.

Whereas he was brought back into the team, with something to prove, scored several times over a few weeks, got the media back onside, no longer had anything to prove and has coasted ever since.

Right. He's just coasting again. Heavy strapping on his legs was done because he was bored from counting money so he just wandered into the physio's office for extensive taping of his legs not because he is desperate to play for us esp vs the scum, but because he's a mercenary.

Right. He's just coasting again. Heavy strapping on his legs was done because he was bored from counting money so he just wandered into the physio's office for extensive taping of his legs not because he is desperate to play for us esp vs the scum, but because he's a mercenary.
It was malaria, now heavy strapping on his leg and next he has to get over the bubonic plague before he can be right again!! You have to be kidding?

It was malaria, now heavy strapping on his leg and next he has to get over the bubonic plague before he can be right again!! You have to be kidding?

Pleb: I stated he looked injured at the end of a game a few weeks back. Since then he's had limited movement and has heavy strapping. It's not that hard to come to a conclusion. Before that game he was pressing all over the pitch and involved in nearly all our goals buildup including scoring a pen and getting a prem assist.

Recently he's been leaden. Either he's twirling his mustache and making a decision to not to play well, or he's injured/doing a Dembele (declaring himself fit when he's not)

You have a guesstimate based on a decade of Sky sports hatchet jobs that Arceface laps up. I have physical proof of heavy strapping on his legs and a period where he was laying down in the pen area before being subbed.

Gooners started the he's not bothered rumor. Go and look at his goals in his last season for them. He scored assloads of goals.

Then the mancs picked up on the Sky Sports and got on his back when he didnt score for 3 games and he was off to Real Madrid where he STILL scored goals.

His worst record for us came with AVB, Defoe and Bale as partners. That is about as greedy a pairing and clueless a manager as you can get.

Luckily, Poch is like me and he knows the REAL Ade. The one BEYOND the headlines.

Last edited:
Pleb: I stated he looked injured at the end of a game a few weeks back. Since then he's had limited movement and has heavy strapping. It's not that hard to come to a conclusion. Before that game he was pressing all over the pitch and involved in nearly all our goals buildup including scoring a pen and getting a prem assist.

Recently he's been leaden. Either he's twirling his mustache and making a decision to not to play well, or he's injured.

You have a guesstimate based on a decade of Sky sports hatchet jobs. I have physical proof of heavy strapping on his legs and a period where he was laying down in the pen area before being subbed.
If you are not fully fit you are not played because you are deemed a liability to the team!

He hasn't had strapped legs for eighteen matches dating back to mid-February though has he.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014...k-v-adebayor-who-played-better-in-the-derby/?

welbeck_v_adebayor_90024.jpg

Also what about Eriksen? What did he, Chadli, Lamela etc do to set up Ade?

Then you don't know his history. Gooners DESPISE him.

When he scored for City he ran the length of the pitch to rub their gooner faces in it because of the despicable shit they said about him.
Then you don't know what I said, I said because he likes there Manager, there is no history of them publicly hating eachother either before you try to be a smart ass and try and 'out do me' in a post like you try to do with everyone on here.

Then you don't know what I said, I said because he likes there Manager, there is no history of them publicly hating eachother either before you try to be a smart ass and try and 'out do me' in a post like you try to do with everyone on here.

You saying Ade purposely plays bad because he likes Wenger is some next level character assassination. Exactly the type of casual throwaway kneejerk that chavs and cabbies mention enough for it to become "fact".

:goonermong::nawty:

Eeees a farkin Goonah.

Back
Top Bottom