Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that you automatically assumed 2 aspects as facts

- we know exactly what went down with Lamela - hence my 'know nothing comment'
- I have no knowledge regarding ACL injuries whatsoever (and seemingly still do)
Didn't I read he admitted he was injured before he came, and hid it because he wanted the transfer to go through? Might have dreamt it though.

Edit:
Good News; Someone on SC (with a Times subscription) posted that full article.
The article actually says:

Now that's more like it. (Just a little misquote in that tweet.)
Btw,
Spurs step up chase for Antoine Griezmann as Monaco make move
Gary Jacob
Published 1 minute ago
Window Watch

Tottenham Hotspur have increased their efforts to land Antoine Griezmann, the France winger, after Monaco entered the race for the Real Sociedad player. The Spanish club are insisting that his £25 million buyout clause is met after Griezmann asked to leave.

Bayern Munich and Woolwich are not interested and, although Chelsea have watched him, they have not followed up their interest.

Griezmann scored 16 league goals and claimed three assists last season and is scheduled to return to training on Monday. Tottenham want to raise money by selling Étienne Capoue or Sandro, the midfielders, and are looking at Memphis Depay, the PSV Eindhoven winger, as an alternative to Griezmann.

Tottenham face competition from Wolfsburg for Mattia Destro, the Roma striker, and the Italian club are considering another effort to sign Vlad Chiriches in the unlikely event that Mehdi Benatia leaves amid interest from Chelsea. Chiriches decided against signing for Roma to join Tottenham last summer.

Gary Jacob isn't the most reliable...

Didn't I read he admitted he was injured before he came, and hid it because he wanted the transfer to go through? Might have dreamt it though.

He wanted to stay in Italy, but Roma couldn't turn the money down.

If Atletico are in for him, then I guess that's probably a deal-breaker for us.
I could definitely see him signing for them. Off to Depay or Kono then...

Depends on if they sell Turan or not probably.

---

If we were to sell Sandro, I'd love to see us attempt to sign Strootman (Yes, I'm aware of how ludicrous that sounds). He should have been our number 1 target when Modric left, and he would of cost the same as Dembele did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom