Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I've heard from some doctors is that a lot of the recovery from a blown knee ligament is just mental. Even if they've surgically repaired the ligament to where its stronger than it was before and should never rightfully be a problem again, it ruins a lot of athlete's careers simply because they're unable to have that trust in their knee again, and because of that they simply don't perform at the same level.
Being a 'merican you might know a bit about Adrian Peterson's rehab? He tore his ACL and MCL in his knee. Apparently a few days after his surgery he wanted to try and walk on it - and the doctors didn't believe it was possible. He was in pain, but the knee was 'together' so he wanted to start his rehabilitation earlier, in order to get back to running earlier - and in turn get back on the field practicing as soon as possible.

The next season he was the NFL's MVP!

Being a 'merican you might know a bit about Adrian Peterson's rehab? He tore his ACL and MCL in his knee. Apparently a few days after his surgery he wanted to try and walk on it - and the doctors didn't believe it was possible. He was in pain, but the knee was 'together' so he wanted to start his rehabilitation earlier, in order to get back to running earlier - and in turn get back on the field practicing as soon as possible.

Adrian Peterson is the exception, not the standard unfortunately. Man is a winner and a true competitor.

Give me 11 Adrians and Ill win the world cup.

Peterson's case is a marvel in sports rehab, hardly the standard. The guy is a freak, in a good way.

AP is a freak of nature. Most professional athletes aren't as gifted as him.

Also i would bet he took a healthy dosage of steroids.

Before his injuries Sandro had started to lock up a starting position in their 11. Those caps of his came in fairly short order, after he had broken into our first team and was on such a terrific run of form the season before last.

No doubt Sandro is a quality player. He was our best player during the stretch he was healthy during 2012-2013 season (Bale's obscene stretch was after Sandro's injury). But he's been injured for half the season or more every season besides his debut one. He had calf issues in 2011/2012 as well.

So now we're in a situation where we can get one of the few midfielders in the league (Schneiderlin) who matches Sandro's output in defensive statistics while being younger, free of injury, a better passer, familiar with the system of our new coach, and only costing a few million more. IMO you have to do it. We wouldn't be just throwing Sandro aside for nothing but instead adding an equal if not better player with no injury risk. It just makes sense. We cannot afford to gamble on Sandro's return to form and fitness and I feel the same way about Kaboul. We massively missed both the last two seasons and didn't have adequate replacements.

Adrian Peterson as stated above is extremely abnormal. Also, in American sports illegal PEDs are extremely common in treating injured players. Lots of athletes seem to make unfathomable comebacks in short amounts of time. Hard not to question the legitimacy sometimes.

Does everyone rate Jjetset in here?

We are pretty much anti-ITK. Only keep it around because otherwise we'd be bored shitless and it is amusing to make fun of people who claim to be "in the know" but can't get through a sentence without a typo.

Adrian Peterson as stated above is extremely abnormal. Also, in American sports illegal PEDs are extremely common in treating injured players. Lots of athletes seem to make unfathomable comebacks in short amounts of time. Hard not to question the legitimacy sometimes.
Without getting onto a completely different debate (I wasn't trying to make a point about Sandro, just wanted to show hot much of a beast AD is) - I do think that the appropriate amount of steroids would be good for the recover of injuries. We have the technology to regulate it - and that means the top athletes spend more time on the pitches/fields/courts than in the physio room.

Adrian Peterson is the exception, not the standard unfortunately. Man is a winner and a true competitor.

Give me 11 Adrians and Ill win the world cup.
He's one of the best athletes that I've ever seen - in any sport. In terms of pure physical ability (speed, power, agility, vision, reactions etc) he is in my top three I would say.

Anyway the point I made wasn't really to do with Sandro's incident, I just wanted to show how well the body can adapt to the mind's will.

We are pretty much anti-ITK. Only keep it around because otherwise we'd be bored shitless and it is amusing to make fun of people who claim to be "in the know" but can't get through a sentence without a typo.

danraven danraven not everyone is, but a large percentage is. I personally choose not to put too much stock in a lone bit, but always consider the context. If it does make sense in lieu of the context, and multiple reports add up, then that's when I start to personally invest interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom