Disco Benny

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Soldado under AVB: 17 games, 10 goals
Soldado under Tim: 19 games, 2 goals

Tell us about that drought under AVB again....

Ironically, comparing strike rates:

Soldado under AVB: 17 games, 10 goals

Ratio: 1 goal every 1.7 games
Verdict: Walking Joke, Flop, Goal Drought, etc.. (apparently)

Correct. Half of those goals were from 2 games vs the anus of Europe in teams we smashed.

AVB did not get the best out of Soldado. Padding his record with early cup games against the worst teams in Europe etc etc is not something Tim had the pleasure of if you want to mention perspective. Further perspective: Tim was shit as well.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/w...october-approx-1032-mins-for-spurs-v-cardiff/

This link is to prove in football terms that I am backing up my claim that Soldado's season was perceived as a joke by the media/fans. Headline:

"World Ending? Roberto Soldado scores 1st goal from open play since October (approx 1032 mins) for Spurs v Cardiff"

Correct. Half of those goals were from 2 games vs the anus of Europe in teams we smashed.

AVB did not get the best out of Soldado. Padding his record with early cup games against the worst teams in Europe etc etc is not something Tim had the pleasure of if you want to mention perspective. Further perspective: Tim was shit as well.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/w...october-approx-1032-mins-for-spurs-v-cardiff/

This link is to prove in football terms that I am backing up my claim that Soldado's season was perceived as a joke by the media/fans. Headline:

"World Ending? Roberto Soldado scores 1st goal from open play since October (approx 1032 mins) for Spurs v Cardiff"

My point being, Soldado, Paulinho and most other players who rely on organised football, all suffered under the "kick it abaaarrrrt" sloppy football that made the second half of the season. It worked well for points and players like Adebayor & Eriksen (those who don't need an organised team around them to score in the ways they do), but was by no means a revelation.

The point that exists is that Soldado seems to be the only player who which the term 'open play' is applied to. Whether we like it or not, the media wanted us to fail, AVB, Soldado and all our other 'big buys'.

I personally give no shits about the media, especially judging by the way they've been with HR and TS - they've revelead how terrible they are at actually contributing anything but nonsensical bollocks. Definitely see Neil Ashton for this.

I do believe that Assou-Ekotto can have a future at spurs, he's just another Adebayor - brilliant when he wants to be, a liability when he doesn't. It's down to him whether he wants to prove a point, at the end of the day.

My point being, Soldado, Paulinho and most other players who rely on organised football, all suffered under the "kick it abaaarrrrt" sloppy football that made the second half of the season. It worked well for points and players like Adebayor & Eriksen (those who don't need an organised team around them to score in the ways they do), but was by no means a revelation.

The point that exists is that Soldado seems to be the only player who which the term 'open play' is applied to. Whether we like it or not, the media wanted us to fail, AVB, Soldado and all our other 'big buys'.

I personally give no shits about the media, especially judging by the way they've been with HR and TS - they've revelead how terrible they are at actually contributing anything but nonsensical bollocks. Definitely see Neil Ashton for this.

I do believe that Assou-Ekotto can have a future at spurs, he's just another Adebayor - brilliant when he wants to be, a liability when he doesn't. It's down to him whether he wants to prove a point, at the end of the day.

I've never thought Benny or ades lack of form was down to not wanting to play. It's almost always been tied to stop start injuries or lack of preseason.

Even with terrible tacticians they have always put in effort. The same thing just happened to sandro, Townsend and dembele (brought back from injury and did not perform). But because they don't have a rep from the media, fans don't turn on them as quick.

I've never thought Benny or ades lack of form was down to not wanting to play. It's almost always been tied to stop start injuries or lack of preseason.

Even with terrible tacticians they have always put in effort. The same thing just happened to sandro, Townsend and dembele (brought back from injury and did not perform). But because they don't have a rep from the media, fans don't turn on them as quick.

I sort of agree with you, but its undeniable that benny & ade have had controversial previous behaviour, something which doesn't come into play with Andros, sandro etc

Opened the thread hoping this cunt has been sold/sacked only to read more Soldado stats jerkery.

Oh well

tumblr_n4x5i5BrAa1rvhd6do1_250.gif

"World Cup 2014: Cameroon investigates match-fixing claims"
So maybe Benny is the hero of the bunch, hunting down the baddies in the name of honest football.
I would love to believe that. I really would.

"World Cup 2014: Cameroon investigates match-fixing claims"
So maybe Benny is the hero of the bunch, hunting down the baddies in the name of honest football.
I would love to believe that. I really would.

...either that, or he's "Bad Apple Number 3 of 7"

Anyone see the Dispatches documentary on match fixing? That exposed some shameful stuff with Ghana.
the one that was on the other day? I thought it was more damming on FIFA, unsurprisingly.

showed how little resources they really put into sorting out matchfixing. Also, if they have it on video evidence that people within the ghanian FA are getting up to some shady shit, why havent they immediately been placed under investigation or something.

the one that was on the other day? I thought it was more damming on FIFA, unsurprisingly.

showed how little resources they really put into sorting out matchfixing. Also, if they have it on video evidence that people within the ghanian FA are getting up to some shady shit, why havent they immediately been placed under investigation or something.

I couldn't agree more. Looks like the game stinks all the way up.

Back
Top Bottom