Next Seasons Kit Sponsor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AIA Or HP ?

• Total voters
I genuinely didn't know he 'opted out' of wearing red boots. Nor did I know they could specify, just assumed they get allocated and that's that. I know they have them personalised, but didn't think they had a colour chart to choose from. Fuck me World Cup 2010 when they all had silver and orange!! Drove me nuts...

But more to the point, the scarf is Spurs merchandise (albeit maybe knock-off), boots aren't. If Spurs did sell boots, I'd bet my bottom dollar none of them would be red.

I don't think he's an undercover Gooner trying to take the piss out of us. But I don't think he should be representing Singapore's Spurs fanbase by wearing a red scarf.

I don't know that he did opt out, but for a high profile footballer he seemed to chose blue boots over red, meaning he would be more than likely to be doing so much choice (not necessarily aligned to any anti-red vibe, but it means that either way it's likely they have a choice).

I know the scarf is knock off, but not everyone has the funds or access to buy official THFC scarfs, so it's unfair for people to have a go at him.

I mean, on topic of the thread, why is one guy's scarf such an issue when the team wear and have worn red in recent history: (including the old logo as per the Thomson shirt)

spurshome125.jpg
82339.jpg

We've even had lots of red this season!

red-card-offense-Fotolia_12465277_Subscription_XL-45x45.jpg

And how did a red scarf lead to discussing the number of nukes certain countries have?

It's no fucking wonder wars start with attitudes like that! "We've got more nukes than you! Ner nicky ner ner" "No you haven't!" "We have, let me show you..."

It never ceases to amaze me how defensive the yanks on here get when their ability to govern the world is questioned.

Actually, it's not how defensive our American friend is but how aggressively he's trolling on Asia. I was going to post something in response, but won't bother as it'll just encourage him.

1) Saw the plethora of new pages in this thread and was anxious to see if there was new information released about the new sponsor. Have now wasted a solid chunk of time.

2) WHITE&BLUE WHITE&BLUE is my boy cuz we yanks gotta stick together, but some of you are out of your minds if you actively take his opinions on here seriously. The guy loves to dig responses out of you, and you lot continually feed into it and then use it as a springboard to start hating on yanks. Use your heads folks, as by taking the comments seriously and accusing him and America of ignorant stereotypes you then begin to propagate the irony.

1) Saw the plethora of new pages in this thread and was anxious to see if there was new information released about the new sponsor. Have now wasted a solid chunk of time.

Yes and no.

Basically, despite having a red sponsor for the last 12 years in one form or another, and perhaps 'red' on the kit for maybe 17 years (badge), a happy little singaporean fan happened to have a scarf that had red on the wrong side, thus starting an ironic debate about how we should never wear red.

Unless it's general clothing
Or it's on the actual official shirt
Or on one of our players
Or in a patriotic way (flags)

Then, as is normal, the USA waded into the conflict late, dropped a few bombs on Asia and claimed to be the winner.

:troll:

Yes and no.

Basically, despite having a red sponsor for the last 12 years in one form or another, and perhaps 'red' on the kit for maybe 17 years (badge), a happy little singaporean fan happened to have a scarf that had red on the wrong side, thus starting an ironic debate about how we should never wear red.

Or on one of our players

Then, as is normal, the USA waded into the conflict late, dropped a few bombs on Asia and claimed to be the winner.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

Actually, it's not how defensive our American friend is but how aggressively he's trolling on Asia. I was going to post something in response, but won't bother as it'll just encourage him.

Typical Asian mentality. Better to do nothing and not risk failing than to try and fail at succeeding. Why Western culture > Eastern.

One breeds apathy while the other encourages action.

Yes and no.

Or on one of our players

Excellent
tumblr_m961tmUFcj1r3qnxf.gif

Yes and no.

Or on one of our players

Those bombs were pretty big though.

Yes and no.

Or on one of our players

I don't agree with it, but Levy tends to put the #neverred tradition to one side when it comes to shirt sponsors, doing what is best financially rather than cherry-picking from companies that don't have red logos (same as with AIA).

I think it is evident though from browsing the Spurs shop that we don't actively promote or choose to design clothing with red on them.

Your "little Singaporean" friend (your reference to his height might be subtle racism? :holtbytongue:) is wearing an actual red scarf with Spurs all over it. If there was anything like it in the Spurs shop, I would genuinely write to Levy in disgust.

Love the America comment as well :ade:

You need to watch Takeshi's Castle then!

Takeshis_870cd5_1798124.gif
To be fair, he did better than this guy

fe131d7f5a6b38b23cc967316c13dae2.gif
I fuckin love that show. Used to be on Challenge all the time. Classic TV. You've made my day with that mate!

Back
Top Bottom