Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On current form, him and Sandro would be selected for those two spots IMO.
At least you know what you get from him...
Dembele, you never know when his going to turn up (excellent when he does).
Paulinho, does a lot of work but unconvincing at times.
Capoue, would only play him instead of Sandro.
I think his criticism is unjust, as he has been a consistent performer for us since Sherwood and shows passion and desire, something I only see from Sandro out of the names above.

He was terrible against Cardiff when he came on from what I remember, some odd misplaced passes, but overall he's been more consistent that most others. Like I've said before, with some development on his positional play he'd be a decent player, that's what I feel has made him stick out a little. Overall, he's earnt it though and not many manage that kind of impact so quickly without 10 loans first!
:townhmm:

It is fucking disgusting the stick he gets. But then again we have the fans that boo every manager out of the club after a bad result. The fans that will turn on a class player after 1 bad game and use any player for a scapegoat. People keep saying our players need to put more in, why don't these same fans but their own fucking voices in. Our away support is amazing, probably the best in the league, our home support on the other hand is pathetic.
Nabil is absolutely class, especially for his age and we have a real talent on our hands, yet many of the morons that claim to support our team would happily drive him our before he gets started.
:walker-scream:

Am I missing something? I cant say Ive seen any real stick handed out to him. A few critisisms (mostly fair) and jibes in his name but aimed at Sherwood, sure, but real stick for Bentaleb? Really havent seen much, certainly not enough to warrant these kind of responses.

It is fucking disgusting the stick he gets.

Its a joke aint it.....people said the same shit about Modric and Carrick too. Michael Brown was slated for running around like a headless chicken, and Holtby lauded for it.

I think the modern football fan bases ratings on how much they would like to fuck the player/manager to be honest.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/12/manch...fer-for-tottenham-ace-nabil-bentaleb-4543831/

Manchester United are considering a move for Tottenham wonderkid Nabil Bentaleb at the end of the season.

Bentaleb is currently enjoying a breakthrough season at White Hart Lane, having been promoted to the first-team by Tim Sherwood following his appointment as manager.

The 19-year-old has since established himself as a regular in Spurs’ engine room – and United boss David Moyes is keeping tabs on his progress.

It’s thought that Moyes has asked his senior scouts to monitor Bentaleb until the end of the current campaign, with United eyeing an offer once the transfer window opens.

Tottenham would try and resist any bid for one of their most exciting prospects, but with the club set to miss out on Champions League football once again, they might struggle to keep the player if he sets his heart on a switch away.

A composed, classy and technical central midfielder, Bentaleb would likely cost in excess of £10million – despite his handful of first-team appearances so far.

The youngster’s value is expected to rise over the summer, with Algeria poised to name him in their squad for the World Cup in Brazil.

------

Who'll be the first idiot to mention the Sherwood sell on percentage

Arcspace?

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/12/manch...fer-for-tottenham-ace-nabil-bentaleb-4543831/

Manchester United are considering a move for Tottenham wonderkid Nabil Bentaleb at the end of the season.

Bentaleb is currently enjoying a breakthrough season at White Hart Lane, having been promoted to the first-team by Tim Sherwood following his appointment as manager.

The 19-year-old has since established himself as a regular in Spurs’ engine room – and United boss David Moyes is keeping tabs on his progress.

It’s thought that Moyes has asked his senior scouts to monitor Bentaleb until the end of the current campaign, with United eyeing an offer once the transfer window opens.

Tottenham would try and resist any bid for one of their most exciting prospects, but with the club set to miss out on Champions League football once again, they might struggle to keep the player if he sets his heart on a switch away.

A composed, classy and technical central midfielder, Bentaleb would likely cost in excess of £10million – despite his handful of first-team appearances so far.

The youngster’s value is expected to rise over the summer, with Algeria poised to name him in their squad for the World Cup in Brazil.

------

Who'll be the first idiot to mention the Sherwood sell on percentage

Arcspace?

A sure-fire way to get him up in people's estimations, is to face the prospect of losing him!!
IF he went somewhere like Man Utd (and flourished) we'd all be kicking ourselves!

I know he's no Fabregas, (and I'm not comparing them, ability-wise) but remember 'Ze trust' that Wenger put on his very young shoulders (and Kajagoogoo haircut if I remember rightly!) and he didn't turn out too shabby...
Bentaleb still has plenty to learn, and will make mistakes along the way... but already he has more first team experience than some of the 'money-signings'... that has to be a good thing for his development.

give more yougsters a chance instead of signing average players for £7-10mill. what have we got an academy/development squad for?
I think its easier done when you have established a strong team, with a set way of playing and can condition the academy to operate in the same manner. They stand more chance of slotting in, and the team stands more chance of compensating for them.
Problem is, we can never quite get that set up established to move onto the natural progressions thereafter.
I thought we were getting there with AVB, the youth team were playing similarly to the first, we had the right people in the right places, kids getting experience around the fringes and with EUROPA.. Then it again falls to shit

yeh agree with that - I presume thats why the likes of utd and Woolwich have a successful transition between development teams and first team - because they've had that continuity with management

our MOTM for me, thought he was class throughout bar the odd mistake. It'll be hilarious when, next season, he's still getting picked by a different manger, and people realise he's not just Tim's lovechild.

Already a better player than Paulinho and Capoue by a good margin. Even at least with Sandro and Dembele on their current form.

animals_who_have_the_come_at_me_bro_nailed_08.gif

Back
Top Bottom