Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, I have just had to reel in my expectations, especially after, what I view, as a huge fuck up by the club to send him out on loan to QPR.
spot on the club fucked up massively sending him to the championship (club doesn't matter for me). The lad is only small and he's been sent to a league that's known for being physical. It's no surprise he's struggled.

spot on the club fucked up massively sending him to the championship (club doesn't matter for me). The lad is only small and he's been sent to a league that's known for being physical. It's no surprise he's struggled.

I think he could have done well at Leicester, but I would have much preferred he went to someone in the PL who at least tries to play football (Southampton, Villa, Swansea)

Wasn't he meant to be on the verge of a loan to Ajax? That would have been awesome.

I think that was more us projecting the hope for that happening than it actually happening. Ajax hardly ever does anything in the transfer market they just promote from their academy.

It would have been amazing though.

He said that his direct competitors are Etienne Capoue and Sandro. His interlocutor said, 'what about Paulinho?' and he said 'not so much'. So maybe Sherwood really does see him as a DM, even if I don't. Also said he's taking things game by game and he doesn't think his spot is assured for either the World Cup or Tottenham Hotspur.

He said that his direct competitors are Etienne Capoue and Sandro. His interlocutor said, 'what about Paulinho?' and he said 'not so much'. So maybe Sherwood really does see him as a DM, even if I don't. Also said he's taking things game by game and he doesn't think his spot is assured for either the World Cup or Tottenham Hotspur.
His spot in the WC must be assured no ? I hope he does play bad against belgium :)

His spot in the WC must be assured no ? I hope he does play bad against belgium :)
Everyone knows that it is, but I don't think he wants to come out and say that. Might be seen as arrogant. And haha, I cannot wait for June to come. I think Belgium are the clear favourites, but not much separates the other three.

My only worry with Bentaleb is if we do get a new manager and they shun him to the bench or reserves and don't actually play him like Sherwood does. Alright could be argued he's played a bit much but in all honesty, he's been one of our better players this season and this is a 19 year old. Imagine when he's 23, 4 seasons playing prem football consistantly where he would be. we buy all these players to develop into future stars but we have a gem here that needs to be looked after and managed well.

My only worry with Bentaleb is if we do get a new manager and they shun him to the bench or reserves and don't actually play him like Sherwood does. Alright could be argued he's played a bit much but in all honesty, he's been one of our better players this season and this is a 19 year old. Imagine when he's 23, 4 seasons playing prem football consistantly where he would be. we buy all these players to develop into future stars but we have a gem here that needs to be looked after and managed well.

He fits Sherwood's style, Sherwood is in theory at least trying to play a high tempo game, Bentaleb is one of the fittest players in our team not to mention he has a very good all round game. The kid has done very well and proven so many fans wrong, big question will be hanging over Dembele, he does not offer a high tempo game and I struggle to see where he will fit in.

Some ITK regarding the dressing room that comes from a different source than the usual ones off SC, etc.
Like to share some ITK info that I've learned of recently from my inside source at the club from a friend that works with the players in a daily basis..
As ya know there is a lot of unrest in the dressing room that has become more clear from last weeks Europa game, certain players are slacking off and not putting in the effort that the club or fans expect! You can guess a few but the main 1's being Jan who is trying his hardest to get a move away in the summer by sulking and being a general tit with Barca being lined up. Paulinho having a mystery injury that they know he's using just to protect himself so as not to miss the WC with a proper injury. Dembele has also been using the mystery injury tactics and fell out with Tim in a big way. Ade is up to his usual tricks by sulking and moaning about the euro games. Danny Rose was made to go to Benfica after saying he was injured but they knew that was rubbish. Not good enough from our players and it's causing a ripple effect through the squad and just pisses me right off!!!

Probably made up, but there you go.

Back
Top Bottom