The Great Rebuild Summer 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would you sell? You can choose 6 players.

• Total voters
I actually struggle to pick 6 from this list - and I think this summarises the dilemma of this squad.

They are all good players, but as a group - there are only a couple of 'Elite' players. This means inevitably our starting 11 is always good - but not good enough.

We can't have a squad full of Messi's, but you do need some elite players in key positions.

We have an abundance of midfielders of quality - Holjberg, Bissouma, Benta, Skipp, Sarr, Ndombele, Lo Celso. All 7 out of 10 players. But we don't have that 1 10 out of 10 player that can make the difference. We don't have an Eriksen, Kane, Modric - a player of exceptional quality.

3 of those players we don’t even own. Kulu, lenglet, and porro.

Most of the list is not sellable. If you mean who should we dump for free, most of the list qualifies.

Oh come on, fella........ That's just silly talk.

Last edited:
Kid's 19. he's got 3 goals and 5 assists in 1500 minutes of football. His XA 0.36 pg. 50% higher than anyone in our team. only 0.09 worse than Messi's. I've seen him live this season and he was pretty good. Can use both feet. Go inside/out. Of course he wastes the ball, what wingers don't, but he's also got one of the highest per 90 chance creation stats in Ligue1. He definitely needs to work better off it, but he's got more about him than Kulusevski. who is also shit without the ball.
Potato potato.

The state our squad is in, we don't need another big gamble on a player with a dubious mentality. Period.

We saw what happened last time we signed a promising, exciting young talent from Lyon without doing our due diligence...

lol. you make out like hes done us a favour. hes been here 11 years because no one better wanted him. hes had it cushty for 11 years and taken big money from the club in the process. madness how hes captain, no coincidence 'spurs' tag gets coined while this blokes the captain.

be honest with yourself. hes had farrrr more big time blunders than he has moments where hes really saved the team. how many saves has he pulled off in them 11 years where it was a BIG save that people go wow? i mean i cant think of any off the top of my head but ill give him say 5! then how many big blunders has he done where hes completely fucked us?...lost count! thats not even getting into the shit hes causes by not being able to kick a ball properly.

its symbolic that he has the biggest keeper fuckup in a world cup final....say no more.

Disgusting post.

It's time to move on, obviously, but he deserves respect for his career with us. End of story.

As for you, I've more respect for the bit of gum I just stepped on, than I do for you and your shitty posts.

Do better, punk.

Summer transfer windows almost here.

Moura will go, Danjuma will more than likely go but after that…….Who knows??

Shifting more than 1/3 of the playing squad is not that likely, so based on the fact we can’t sell the whole 1st team and we still have some players out on loan if you could only sell 6 current players who would they be?

Have only listed players who played minutes this season to date.
I can't pick 6 i want to keep, let alone limit the sales to 6

David Bentley says hi , from his bar we paid for
He's probably not the only one we've wasted money on keeping for far too long. Probably the best example of any player wasting a career though. That said, at least he was honest about it. Others would have signed deals anywhere to keep the money coming in. He at least said "it's not for me" and walked away.

Potato potato.

The state our squad is in, we don't need another big gamble on a player with a dubious mentality. Period.

We saw what happened last time we signed a promising, exciting young talent from Lyon without doing our due diligence...

I’m not 100% convinced about the kid, he’s only started getting serious game time this season, and I know nothing about his off pitch stuff, but to say he doesn’t produce much isn’t quite right though.

You say we can’t afford a gamble, but we also can’t afford not to. And we desperately need some technical ability and creativity in the side, and he wouldn’t necessarily cost a fortune.

I actually struggle to pick 6 from this list - and I think this summarises the dilemma of this squad.

They are all good players, but as a group - there are only a couple of 'Elite' players. This means inevitably our starting 11 is always good - but not good enough.

We can't have a squad full of Messi's, but you do need some elite players in key positions.

We have an abundance of midfielders of quality - Holjberg, Bissouma, Benta, Skipp, Sarr, Ndombele, Lo Celso. All 7 out of 10 players. But we don't have that 1 10 out of 10 player that can make the difference. We don't have an Eriksen, Kane, Modric - a player of exceptional quality.
Does Kane not play with us🤷‍♂️

The biggest loss is paying their wages until their contract expires.
Surely "financial genius" Levy can figure that out?

On closer inspection; this is bollocks..... Unless the players are on 100-200kpw or more which most of the obvious names on the list aren't.

Back
Top Bottom