The Great Rebuild Summer 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would you sell? You can choose 6 players.

• Total voters
In an ideal world Lloris, Perisic, Sess, Dier, Tanganga, Sanchez, Hojbjerg and White. Lenglet and Danjuma aren't our players and i wouldnt sign them. Also all those out on loan bar Spence and maybe Gil.

Its been a dreadful 4 seasons and we need some serious player churn. 3rd oldest squad in the prem and we should be looking at making it one of the youngest and starting again. If we just adopt a business as usual approach the next manager will fail.

Angry Gary Oldman GIF

In fairness I'd take Ben Arfa 2.0. Would be quite fun.
Them players drive me nuts. Ben Arfa is/was crazy good technically, like unreal. Saw him live and up close on a few occasions, his first touch, his close control, the way he runs with the ball, his faints...man, that was special. Even physically he was much more robust than one would think at first glance. But he had shit for brains. The full bag of the brown stuff. Instead of playing for the likes of Hull, Valladolid and the weakest Bordeaux team ever, he should've been at Bayern, Real, City. Should've got 100 caps and 30 odd goals for France.

He and some others like him are blessed with mad talent and they just waste it. That pisses me off.

This has been the refrain literally every summer since I've followed the club.

I wish I could believe we were capable of doing the volume of business (never mind the net financial investment) to complete an overhaul of the squad and dressing room culture, but none of the available evidence gives us reason to believe that.

Not least of which because we're 70M in the hole just moving forward with the team we already have (Kulu and Porro)

I have a soft spot for players like that.

Not everyone is a cog that belongs in a machine.
I was talking to an African colleague about the legendary Jay Jay Okocha earlier. Brought such a smile to both our faces. I mean, we were almost drooling just reminiscing about some of his goals, mad assists, crazy as fuck tricks. The guy was pure joy. We definitely miss players like that in the modern game.

But the big difference between a Jay Jay and a Ben Arfa is their mentality. Gimme a Jay Jay - or obviously a Ginola (love you, David!) - any day over such little pricks.

You can be crazy talented, a real magician with the ball, and be a bit less adept when it comes to other aspects of the game, without being a shite wannabe gangsta

Reguilon, Lo Celso, Winks and Ndombele still on our books too right? Might need to up the votable number to 10
Reguillon is the only one I think will be really tough to move.

Lo Celso will go to Villa and we might even get 25m or 30.

Tanguy either another loan or sb takes him for 10-15 and we subsidize wages.

Winks will have takers after a season playing well.

I’m fairness to Paratici he didn’t sell those guys but he did find situations that highlighted why they are assets other teams would want.

Lloris, Dier and Sanchez are self explanatory

Sess, his hamstrings just aren’t up to it, we can’t carry a player who’s spends a large part of the season unavailable due to injuries.

Tanganga, is never going to be a starter here, he needs to go elsewhere for the sake of his career.

Gil, I like Gil but from the comments he made in January it seems like he’s never really settled or been happy here (understandable given his lack of game time) I feel like he prefers being at home in Spain, so it’s probably best for him to get a permanent move there.

Reg is playing again for Atleti. That's a great sign. We will get a buyer from Spain. Or another loan.

GLC deal will happen as long as we don't charge too much. Reckon the player would prefer La Liga as well. 12m to Villareal perm?

Ndom agreed. net zero income.

Winks 5-10 in Italy yup. He's played well there. Maybe even a promoted Prem team for 15m.

40m is for Hojberg will be handy money as well.

We are not getting 40 million pounds for Hojbjerg.

Disgusting post.

It's time to move on, obviously, but he deserves respect for his career with us. End of story.

As for you, I've more respect for the bit of gum I just stepped on, than I do for you and your shitty posts.

Do better, punk.
Yeah, I'm no Hugo fan boy - I called for the end of his captaincy and honestly wanted him gone after the drink driving - but he's been the mainstay during our best period in generations. He is one of the faces of this era, and one of the first who ushered it in. Deserves the hard earned respect that goes with that.

without a manager and DoF how can Levy know who to move out ?
for me there are a lot to move out but will levy take a big hit on valuations ?

Good to see so many want that shitbag Wankberg out the door. Penny finally dropped on this fraudulent charlatan

Get out, F O

You spelt Hojbjerg wrong.

You're not a prepubescent teenage child sat in your mum's basement. You're supposed to be a grown adult.

Grow up.

There's no need to reply either. I do not give you permission.

Back
Top Bottom