The Great Rebuild Summer 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would you sell? You can choose 6 players.

• Total voters

BernardMatthews

“Wildly offensive and ill informed”
Summer transfer windows almost here.

Moura will go, Danjuma will more than likely go but after that…….Who knows??

Shifting more than 1/3 of the playing squad is not that likely, so based on the fact we can’t sell the whole 1st team and we still have some players out on loan if you could only sell 6 current players who would they be?

Have only listed players who played minutes this season to date.

without a manager and DoF how can Levy know who to move out ?
for me there are a lot to move out but will levy take a big hit on valuations ?

Reguilon, Lo Celso, Winks and Ndombele still on our books too right? Might need to up the votable number to 10
Reguillon is the only one I think will be really tough to move.

Lo Celso will go to Villa and we might even get 25m or 30.

Tanguy either another loan or sb takes him for 10-15 and we subsidize wages.

Winks will have takers after a season playing well.

I’m fairness to Paratici he didn’t sell those guys but he did find situations that highlighted why they are assets other teams would want.

Reguilon, Lo Celso, Winks and Ndombele still on our books too right? Might need to up the votable number to 10
Yeah. Add sanchez and sess. Likely lloris. And agree Harvey white should go, can't see him making it here. That's already a lot of business to do, esp without a manager or dof in place to be planning now..

tottenham_hotspur_squad_depth_square_2022_2023-2.png

Using this as a guide I would say we need to make these kinds of moves:

GK
LLoris can go somewhere for a big payday. Let that happen and keep Forster as the old head behind a new starter

LB
Perisic - Sell if anyone is willing to to pay a decent amount (assume he's on high wages?) otherwise maybe keep as an influence on the youngsters?
Davies - Keep as he won't get a big fee and does a decent job as backup
Sessegnon - Sell one of him or Regy. Probs best to keep Sess as he's HG
Reguilon - See above
Udogie - Keep and focus strongly on developing him. He's got to be a main part of our future. Hopefully he can live up to the hype.

LCB
lol

RCB
Dier - get as much as you can for him now otherwise he's heading to a middling club for free. Won't get much for him, but I worry about the kind of complacency he breeds in the club with his continued presence.
Sanchez - see above
Romero - keep. a core building block.

RB
Weirdly think we're ok for here now. Let the new manager see who he really wants and make any changes needed next Winter.

CM/DM
Absolutely get rid of Hojbjerg, Winks and Ndombele. As for the rest, that's a good batch. Like RB, let the new manager see who he likes.

Forwards
- Sell one of Son or Richarlison to get a bit of cash back.
- Kane? That's a whole discussion in of itself
- Sell Lo Celso
- I still like Kulu and Bryan, let the new manager judge.
- I'd actually sell Parrott if anyone comes in for him, bar a ridiculously low offer. I think a couple other of our youngsters can come on up instead

Reguillon is the only one I think will be really tough to move.

Lo Celso will go to Villa and we might even get 25m or 30.

Tanguy either another loan or sb takes him for 10-15 and we subsidize wages.

Winks will have takers after a season playing well.

I’m fairness to Paratici he didn’t sell those guys but he did find situations that highlighted why they are assets other teams would want.
Good post

In an ideal world Lloris, Perisic, Sess, Dier, Tanganga, Sanchez, Hojbjerg and White. Lenglet and Danjuma aren't our players and i wouldnt sign them. Also all those out on loan bar Spence and maybe Gil.

Its been a dreadful 4 seasons and we need some serious player churn. 3rd oldest squad in the prem and we should be looking at making it one of the youngest and starting again. If we just adopt a business as usual approach the next manager will fail.

Lenglet (NOT Longlet) is on a loan deal that expires this summer.
Lloris’ contract expires this summer.
Kulusevski needs to be bought before he can be sold.

And these players should for sure be on the list of options:
Reguilon
Rodon
Lo Celso
Winks
Ndomble

Last edited:
Out of the players on the list I voted for Hugo, Dier, Sanchez, Tanganga and Perisic.

Hugo's time is clearly up and it is time for him to go on his next adventure. Same for Dier and Sanchez.

Tanganga needs a move if he is ever going to develop. Perisic can go if we get a good enough offer in my opinion. Otherwise having him stay and see out his contract as a veteran is not that big of an issue I guess.

Then we have the guys out on loan that also need to be moved on.

There will be no rebuild. We say this every summer. We will have the same team next season apart from maybe Kane

There will be some movement. We will need 6-7 players in and out and get 3-4 players so end up waiting for the rebuild in summer 2024.

Back
Top Bottom