The Great Rebuild Summer 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would you sell? You can choose 6 players.

• Total voters
Reg: Probably a buyer out there for 5/10m.
GLC: I'm not confident that the AV deal will happen and that he won't end up back at Villareal on loan again.
Ndombele: 10-15m vs 2 years of wage subsidy will pretty much equate to net zero income to us.
Winks: 5m if someone like Sampboria want him.

Reg is playing again for Atleti. That's a great sign. We will get a buyer from Spain. Or another loan.

GLC deal will happen as long as we don't charge too much. Reckon the player would prefer La Liga as well. 12m to Villareal perm?

Ndom agreed. net zero income.

Winks 5-10 in Italy yup. He's played well there. Maybe even a promoted Prem team for 15m.

40m is for Hojberg will be handy money as well.

I'd be surprised if the summer rebuild is more than three players, perhaps four if we need a Kane replacement. Plus we need to do something about Winks et al.

Everything depends on Kane.

If he stays, I think 3-4 is right.
New GK
Starting LCB
Kökcü
Scott

Reg is playing again for Atleti. That's a great sign. We will get a buyer from Spain. Or another loan.

"Playing?"

I know he's been injured, but he's still only clocked 161 mins all season.

GLC deal will happen as long as we don't charge too much. Reckon the player would prefer La Liga as well. 12m to Villareal perm?

Not the 25-30m from AVilla you predicted in your prev. post then?

So much will depend who comes in with on offer, but the idea of getting 40m for a player commonly claimed here to be shit is just alien to me.

I think we'll have to see a lot of outs before we start to see any additional trf mount up, tbh.

Ndom agreed. net zero income.

Winks 5-10 in Italy yup. He's played well there. Maybe even a promoted Prem team for 15m.

We are not getting 40 million pounds for Hojbjerg.

I think it means accepting that Champions League (and probably Europa League as well) is off the table for a couple of years, we are in a rebuild.

Not sure your point, but mine is that less fixtures reduces the opportunity for significant game time for the likes of Divine, Scarlet etc.

"Playing?"

I know he's been injured, but he's still only clocked 161 mins all season.

Not the 25-30m from AVilla you predicted in your prev. post then?

So much will depend who comes in with on offer, but the idea of getting 40m for a player commonly claimed here to be shit is just alien to me.

I think we'll have to see a lot of outs before we start to see any additional trf mount up, tbh.
25m to Villa
15m to Villareal

Can’t give him cheap to a rival

25m to Villa
15m to Villareal

Can’t give him cheap to a rival
Giving Villa a player that will turn up injured the second they need him sounds like a pretty great idea actually.

I don't expect him to be any more of a robust solution for AV than he has been for us...... Even if he can stay fit he'd still be better off in a lower-octane, sunshine league.

We are not getting 40 million pounds for Hojbjerg.

I think we could be surprised by what we could get for him. He'll be 28 in August so he's not a young player, but still has a few years that he can contribute somewhere and has two years left on his contract. We may not get 40, but maybe 30?

We may be really frustrated by him but he's a reliable enough midfielder with PL and international experience that I could see a number of teams really valuing. He's not going to be chased down by Madrid, PSG, and the like but I could see a tier down from that level that is looking for an experienced midfielder.

I think we could be surprised by what we could get for him. He'll be 28 in August so he's not a young player, but still has a few years that he can contribute somewhere and has two years left on his contract. We may not get 40, but maybe 30?

We may be really frustrated by him but he's a reliable enough midfielder with PL and international experience that I could see a number of teams really valuing. He's not going to be chased down by Madrid, PSG, and the like but I could see a tier down from that level that is looking for an experienced midfielder.

20-25 is what I'd expect to get from him.

Bang out of form 2nd half of the season, doesn't really fit the way a lot of teams want to play, and doesn't have room to develop much.

20-25 is what I'd expect to get from him.

Bang out of form 2nd half of the season, doesn't really fit the way a lot of teams want to play, and doesn't have room to develop much.

Fine with that.......

50m for him & GLC and I'll be this guy: :dude:

(I don't have much problem with him being a squad player for us, but it's blatantly the right time to sell..... )

Fine with that.......

50m for him & GLC and I'll be this guy: :dude:

(I don't have much problem with him being a squad player for us, but it's blatantly the right time to sell..... )

Getting £££ for outs will be a massively underrated part of the DoF role. If we can sell some of GLC, Hojbjerg, Sanchez, Ndombele, Gil, Reguilon etc for good fees then suddenly we have a genuine budget.

Getting £££ for outs will be a massively underrated part of the DoF role. If we can sell some of GLC, Hojbjerg, Sanchez, Ndombele, Gil, Reguilon etc for good fees then suddenly we have a genuine budget.

Still think it's a big ask...... Most smaller non EPL clubs are skint and are on lower wage budgets.

Shifting enough deadwood to create room for the necessary improvements is our biggest concern. As per my comments over the last page or two, I don't think we can afford to quibble too much about the fees.

I struggle to see us getting north of 5-10m for anyone other than GLC, Hoj & maybe Sanchez.

Back
Top Bottom