Zaha-yes,no,maybe!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

for that sort of player then its a decent buy - but not at 40mill

£40 mil is the going rate for everything half decent these days, we will probably get £20-25 for Sissoko, £10-15 for Wimmer etc so it is what it is.

Zaha caused the type of issues that our players don't cause, his power and pace meant we had 2-3 players on him in the first half. If he was with us he would create so much space for other players to operate in.

He had a good 45 minutes.

And that was because he was up against Davies who tends to struggle against pace.

In the second half, he was put on Walkers side and he got bullied.

He had a good 45 minutes.

And that was because he was up against Davies who tends to struggle against pace.

In the second half, he was put on Walkers side and he got bullied.

There are not many players who can take the piss one and one with Walker, second half they also didn't give him the ball much as we had them by the throat.

He ripped into Chelsea and Liverpool every given opportunity and was very hard to deal with first half. We need a player like Zaha, or someone with out and out pace, power and skill to make us less predictable.

There are not many players who can take the piss one and one with Walker, second half they also didn't give him the ball much as we had them by the throat.

He ripped into Chelsea and Liverpool every given opportunity and was very hard to deal with first half. We need a player like Zaha, or someone with out and out pace, power and skill to make us less predictable.

That alone isn't worth 40,000,000 when there are dozens of players across Europe who are gettable that can do the exact same thing.

But I've said it before and I'll continue to say it. If Pochettino wants him, then get him. Id love a team full of players Poch has specifically wanted. After all, it's not me paying the money.

That alone isn't worth 40,000,000 when there are dozens of players across Europe who are gettable that can do the exact same thing.

But I've said it before and I'll continue to say it. If Pochettino wants him, then get him. Id love a team full of players Poch has specifically wanted. After all, it's not me paying the money.

Agreed in terms of what Poch wants. I guess it's the risk factor, getting another Zaha in other parts of Europe for cheap may mean the like of Nije and Nkouduo, so we are constantly gambling, of course it does work sometimes just looks at Saints getting Mane.

Zaha is relatively risk free, Prem proven, works hard both in attack and defence and offers explosive pace and power. It's like getting a top German or Japanese car, you might be paying over the odds but you know it will almost certainly work.

Your paying more to decrease the odds of failure. Of course Isco, Bernardo Silva and Douglas Costa are more appealing but we have to get the best realistic targets and Zaha is potentially realistic.

Agreed in terms of what Poch wants. I guess it's the risk factor, getting another Zaha in other parts of Europe for cheap may mean the like of Nije and Nkouduo, so we are constantly gambling, of course it does work sometimes just looks at Saints getting Mane.

Zaha is relatively risk free, Prem proven, works hard both in attack and defence and offers explosive pace and power. It's like getting a top German or Japanese car, you might be paying over the odds but you know it will almost certainly work.

Your paying more to decrease the odds of failure. Of course Isco, Bernardo Silva and Douglas Costa are more appealing but we have to get the best realistic targets and Zaha is potentially realistic.

Nah, Nkoudou and Njie were relatively unknown. I'd be talking about those that people know about. Costa would cost £40,000,000 or less and he's borderline world class and would likely get into every team in the league. I think we could get the likes of Lemar for that price. Hell, Mkhitaryan cost pretty much half of that. Just got to do some scouting.

Zaha is just as likely to fail than anyone else. He won't be a star man here like he is at Palace. We are a team, not an individual. He would have to get used to periods on the bench, coming off to pressure of having £40,000,000 on his shoulders to change a game etc.

Nah, Nkoudou and Njie were relatively unknown. I'd be talking about those that people know about. Costa would cost £40,000,000 or less and he's borderline world class and would likely get into every team in the league. I think we could get the likes of Lemar for that price. Hell, Mkhitaryan cost pretty much half of that. Just got to do some scouting.

Zaha is just as likely to fail than anyone else. He won't be a star man here like he is at Palace. We are a team, not an individual. He would have to get used to periods on the bench, coming off to pressure of having £40,000,000 on his shoulders to change a game etc.

There is more to price than transfer fees, Douglas Costa may want 200K, Lemar would be a stunning coup but I would imagine a lot of big teams with more cash than us are looking.

Zaha is just the top end of what is probably feasible. I seem to remember people rubbishing Waynama when we got him, Zaha is a good player and offers a difference in terms of what he can bring.

Of course go for Lemar but I'd far rather Zaha than taking a punt on another Nije.

There is more to price than transfer fees, Douglas Costa may want 200K, Lemar would be a stunning coup but I would imagine a lot of big teams with more cash than us are looking.

Zaha is just the top end of what is probably feasible. I seem to remember people rubbishing Waynama when we got him, Zaha is a good player and offers a difference in terms of what he can bring.

Of course go for Lemar but I'd far rather Zaha than taking a punt on another Nije.

I think we can just both agree that if Poch is desperate for him, we should get him. It's promising that our manager thinks so highly of him that he thinks he could be a new Ronaldo.

Why worry about the transfer fee? Is he better than some in the squad? GKN, Njie and Sissoko? Based on last night yes. As to the fee, let Levy worry about that and if too much he will not buy. We need more offensive players for the bench and yes there are others but he was a threat last night and would improve the squad.

Next season we will be playing on a bigger pitch, so having a player who has power and speed will be a big help. He caused us a lot of issues in the first half but what impressed me more was his work rate, he was constantly tracking back.

Big yes from me, Prem proven, has something we don't have, provides more depth.
I think we will be allowed to redraw the pitch to our own preference and make the same size as the Lane. I could be wrong tho.

If we spend 40m and it turns out whenever poch is trying to give him instructions he looks like this
gerald.jpg

Then it's going to be a waste of money. Has to be a minimum iq requirement

Big fish in a small pond....
And as he is English we will have to overpay, don't get me wrong I think he is good, but he would just be a squad player. Can't see him starting many PL games and with a limited transfer budget I would rather have a player who is going to be playing so good that Poch has no choice but to start him, then who do we drop?
This is the postison we want Poch to be in......
Unless we can get him on the cheap it's a no for me........
We nee a big squad surely! And not "squad" players but proper competition

Why worry about the transfer fee? Is he better than some in the squad? GKN, Njie and Sissoko? Based on last night yes. As to the fee, let Levy worry about that and if too much he will not buy. We need more offensive players for the bench and yes there are others but he was a threat last night and would improve the squad.
Tend to agree there. The transfer fee is always brought up (& when we have spent big it hasn't ahem, always worked out well) but the fee isn't anything to do with the player.

The bigger issue is probably wages. If he came in on £120k a week, I would imagine an orderly queue at the managers door. And if he's been offered that (IF) by CP, then it's a straight choice for him between his football career with a team that's on the cusp of something great, or an even bigger wad in his back pocket each week. I don't see us smashing our wage structure to sign him.
So I'm cool with whatever the club decides. It seems Poch is very keen on him though, so maybe the deal has wings?

Zaha is not better than Son, and would he play every week? In place of who?

He's not going to sit on the bench, he can play every week somewhere. And I prefer Son, far more end product, and a game changer

I think we can just both agree that if Poch is desperate for him, we should get him. It's promising that our manager thinks so highly of him that he thinks he could be a new Ronaldo.
Did Poch say that about him!? Haven't seen any direct comments from Poch about him ( not that I've been looking for them ). If he's said that then sign him asap!

Back
Top Bottom