Zaha-yes,no,maybe!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

£70,000,000 is too much. Sorry.

There's dozens of players out there who are better than Zaha who we could possibly get for half of that.

Its not even a statement. Its a total waste of money for someone who would warm our bench more often than not.

One thing that has to be considered is that Townsend has also starred for them along with Zaha, yet Townsend was considered surplus to requirements with us? Is Zaha just a big fish in a small pond?

One word. Moura.
Let’s see how he does with a pre season under his belt before we all start falling over our tongues, dicks or both about a lad who would cost the Earth, never cut it under Fergie (who promoted youth when people laughed at idea) & seems to thrive being the big fish in Palace’s small pond.

£70 million for him is almost as funny as the £40 million being quoted for Grealish. Almost.

There are not many players who can take the piss one and one with Walker, second half they also didn't give him the ball much as we had them by the throat.

He ripped into Chelsea and Liverpool every given opportunity and was very hard to deal with first half. We need a player like Zaha, or someone with out and out pace, power and skill to make us less predictable.

That alone isn't worth 40,000,000 when there are dozens of players across Europe who are gettable that can do the exact same thing.

But I've said it before and I'll continue to say it. If Pochettino wants him, then get him. Id love a team full of players Poch has specifically wanted. After all, it's not me paying the money.

Lots of proximity bias with Zaha. If he was in a foreign league he'd seem more glamourous. If he played for us there would be excitement every time got the ball.

He is literally one of the best dribblers in league and Europe.

I'm not desperate for him though unless Poch wants. Moura satisfied my urge for pace and dribbling. But I can understand if Poch wants another more powerful battering ram type WF in Zaha.

I think he's a level above Moura, would score treble his current scoring rate in our team.

I would definitely have him, showed a far greater work ethic than I thought and looks a Poch player. That pace and directness off Kane would be scary.

Give them Sissoko (an Allardyce type player) and £20m and get a deal done quickly after the season ends.

I've read that Palace have offered him 120k a week and value him at 40 mill, if true, i feel that's way too much for a player that doesn't walk into our first eleven, so on that basis it's a no from me.

I've read that Palace have offered him 120k a week and value him at 40 mill, if true, i feel that's way too much for a player that doesn't walk into our first eleven, so on that basis it's a no from me.
£120k a week for Zaha?
Lol.
If that's the going rate, I shudder to think how much players like Eriksen could command. Or any of our squad to be honest.

Lots of proximity bias with Zaha. If he was in a foreign league he'd seem more glamourous. If he played for us there would be excitement every time got the ball.

He is literally one of the best dribblers in league and Europe.

I'm not desperate for him though unless Poch wants. Moura satisfied my urge for pace and dribbling. But I can understand if Poch wants another more powerful battering ram type WF in Zaha.

Big fish in a small pond....
And as he is English we will have to overpay, don't get me wrong I think he is good, but he would just be a squad player. Can't see him starting many PL games and with a limited transfer budget I would rather have a player who is going to be playing so good that Poch has no choice but to start him, then who do we drop?
This is the postison we want Poch to be in......
Unless we can get him on the cheap it's a no for me........

Not sure how true the article was but i wouldn't be surprised to find he's being offered that much, he's their jewel in the crown. Think we'd find most of our squad could earn more elswhere, that's why it has to be about more than just money with us.
At some point, you do wonder if they will have their heads turned by eye watering sums of money being offered for their services.
I sincerely hope not, but in a world where Palace are offering more in wages to their top man, you can see why players at a high flying club may think they are worth the same or more than the star player at a mid table/bottom half team.

Zaha is not better than Son, and would he play every week? In place of who?

He's not going to sit on the bench, he can play every week somewhere. And I prefer Son, far more end product, and a game changer

If Bruma's agent is to be believed (and his quotes aren't a come-and-get-me plea towards Spurs) then it makes me think we're probably going balls deep for Zaha and are almost entirely focussed on him.

On that note, here's a song idea for him:

Knowing me knowing Wilf,
ZAHAAAAAAAA
There is nothing he can't do,
Knowing me knowing Wilf,
ZAHAAAAAAAA
:ap:

He's had a good season by all accounts, but for me he's not record signing material. I read yesterday that he's already earning 60k/week at Palace. Any move would make him one of our highest earners. Combined with the 30m minimum to sign him, and now the AFCON stuff and... it's a pass for me.

I've been watching him very carefully lately and he is a very very good player in my opinion. Great feet, serious pace, really good work rate and would fit in Poch's system no doubt. The only thing that let's him down at times is his decision making but that should come in time. He is the exact kind of player we need and he has played well against all the big clubs recently which is always a good sign. I'm hoping we sign him as not only is he good, he has done his aprenticeship in the league. It's a big yes from me!

Back
Top Bottom