Zaha-yes,no,maybe!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Been following him closely(well as closely as a non spurs player) since last year he has improved so much as a player and person (temperament on and off the field compared to last year from what I've seen anyway), we say that we don't have squad depth and it's true look at the fa semi Costa and hazard come on in the last third of the game and it hurt us noticeably, 40 million which was nuts 5 years ago for the likes ofZaha know seems like a normal bloated PL trade so I think 40 is acceptable if our main objective is a attacking force ,Also the players we signed last summer I think keep them all! Fuck it give them one more year to see where there at, we gave it to son and even longer to lamela!But maybe I'm just crazy with rose tinted glasses! Either way COYS!

Last edited:
Good player.

Caused us problems in the first half, mostly because our wing backs didn't have any help. Not sure why they switched Zaha though and put him against Walker when he was having joy against Davies because he was completely nullified in the second half, though Sissoko helped in that case.

Don't think he'd come here and start. Not good enough but as a squad player, I think I'd much rather he came on than Nkoudou or Sissoko with the other sub spot being taken up by Edwards.

Though if it's the case of Zaha and Douglas Costa. Then the latter wins every single time.

why didn't he work at Man U ?
maybe he has learned from that time
I think that was a combination of things. He was Fergies last signing wasn't he but then he left and the Moyes debacle began. Poor timing for him maybe.

There were also silly rumours about him and Moyes daughter or something ridiculous. Pure hearsay but he did turn up there in an Imogen Thomas t-shirt so there was definitely a question mark over the choices he was making!

Perhaps he's grown up a bit now?

£120k a week for Zaha?
Lol.
If that's the going rate, I shudder to think how much players like Eriksen could command. Or any of our squad to be honest.
Not sure how true the article was but i wouldn't be surprised to find he's being offered that much, he's their jewel in the crown. Think we'd find most of our squad could earn more elswhere, that's why it has to be about more than just money with us.

It's a yes from me, Clive. There were a few times where we had three players on him and he still felt dangerous.

zaha-shorts1.jpg

Not sure how true the article was but i wouldn't be surprised to find he's being offered that much, he's their jewel in the crown. Think we'd find most of our squad could earn more elswhere, that's why it has to be about more than just money with us.
At some point, you do wonder if they will have their heads turned by eye watering sums of money being offered for their services.
I sincerely hope not, but in a world where Palace are offering more in wages to their top man, you can see why players at a high flying club may think they are worth the same or more than the star player at a mid table/bottom half team.

Next season we will be playing on a bigger pitch, so having a player who has power and speed will be a big help. He caused us a lot of issues in the first half but what impressed me more was his work rate, he was constantly tracking back.

Big yes from me, Prem proven, has something we don't have, provides more depth.

for that sort of player then its a decent buy - but not at 40mill
A lot of people scoffed at Mane going for £34m or so. The going rate for players is obscene at the moment, but if we can bring in someone who offers pace and we genuinely think would improve the side then it'll be worth it.

Edit: funny thing is, the 'English premium' is a mixed one here. Fucking annoying that he'd be off to the African Cup of Nations every time with the Ivory Coast.

How good he is now is not the point...it's how good he's going to be when Pochettino is coaching him, remember what Rose and Walker used to be like?

Back
Top Bottom