Would you take Mourinho?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take Mourinho as Poch replacement?

• Yes

Votes: 114 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 40.5%
  • Id rather shag my granny

Votes: 76 24.8%

• Total voters
I feel we've actually leapfroged Jose. Maybe a couple of years ago he would have helped but even though we've had a dip we're on the rise and could do better. We need a manager with energy and an ethos that matches our vision – not short-term gains. I was hoping this was Poch and together we could be the ones to make each other great. It's still down to him but time is running out

No, Mourinho isn't going to solve the gripes I have with Pochettino - he's hardly renowned for creating dressing harmony either.

I want a coach with a proactive ethos. I also want one that would recognise when and how it's more prudent to develop a young player than play a more senior fucknugget - often out of position, a position the kid has been playing for 10 years or so.

I also want a coach that doesn't spend every week whining about how his 8m job isn't as good Jurgen's.

Mourinho isn't going to be that guy.

Last edited:
Yes.

A fully rested and rejuvenated Mourinho is a great manager.

I would hire the Mourinho people think he is. I'm not going to turn my nose up at a miserable cunt playing dreary football if it's winning football.

I just think people are nuts to believe Mourinho is still what he was. The last decade in football has been a proliferation of tactics to combat and defeat what made Mourinho great, never mind the fact that on a personal level he seems to have lost his passion for it.

No, Mourinho isn't going to solve the gripes I have with Pochettino - he's hardly renowned for creating dressing harmony either.

I want a coach with a proactive ethos. I also want one that would be recognise when and how it's more prudent to develop a young player than play a more senior fucknugget - often out of position, a position the kid has been playing for 10 years or so.

I also want a coach that doesn't spend every week whining about how his 8m job isn't as good Jurgen's.

Mourinho isn't going to be that guy.
YES! I agree with the ticket inspector!

It Poch is going out the club needs a big name, a winner, someone that the players will respect. And Jose fits perfectly. We have good players. They don’t need fancy tactics. Just to be drilled and organised what we ain’t. I bet kane prefers to play for Jose more than to Howe or Southgate

It Poch is going out the club needs a big name, a winner, someone that the players will respect. And Jose fits perfectly. We have good players. They don’t need fancy tactics. Just to be drilled and organised what we ain’t. I bet kane prefers to play for Jose more than to Howe or Southgate

Nabs, you can change it up all you want, (and I don’t blame you, you being a two team supporter, young and overseas) but there’s no way Mourinho will be welcomed at Spurs.

Spurs fans aren’t going to cough up £90+ a week to watch Mourinho football - to watch well drilled automations. Spurs fans demand decent football first and foremost - and that’s why Poch is getting grief at the moment - more for the shit football than the results I fancy.

We’re not a serial trophy winning side - we never have been, and yet we’re in the conversation nearly every year, and are still regarded by many as a big club. For me, anyway, this is about getting back our verve, and if Poch can’t do it, get rid of him, but not for the reasons you suggest.

You might well bask in the sunshine of a middling trophy, but consider the people who pay top dollar to watch Spurs every week. As I said, Poch has it all to do, but if you know your history Mourinho won’t be even considered by the Spurs hierarchy.

Good luck to Porto at the weekend.

Have to say, love the Paddy Power ad with Jose (especially the three finger topiary). Still don't want him at our club. At best, a quick fix; at worst, will destroy the progress we have made.

Mourinho might not get us playing the most attractive football, but literally anything is much better than now. We need results and Jose would get them.

Back
Top Bottom