Would you take Mourinho?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take Mourinho as Poch replacement?

• Yes

Votes: 114 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 40.5%
  • Id rather shag my granny

Votes: 76 24.8%

• Total voters
Not under any circumstance. I care more about the club, what it stands for and what it will be to those who come after me than I do about winning any silverware. That man would destroy this club.

Luckily there is a less than zero chance of Levy employing him.

If he comes Mourinho will cancel Pochettino's work.
If he comes Allegri he will resume the best of Pochettino and try to improve it slowly and without revolutions

I think the longer this poor run goes on, then the greater the support for hiring Mourinho will become.
I’m against it, but if he did come and whip Spurs into shape and bring trophies, I’d quite happily admit I was wrong.
Can’t see him and Levy working together though.

I think the longer this poor run goes on, then the greater the support for hiring Mourinho will become.
I’m against it, but if he did come and whip Spurs into shape and bring trophies, I’d quite happily admit I was wrong.
Can’t see him and Levy working together though.

Between this, the rancid football and the vritually inevitable toxicity he'll foster, I think it shows a distinct lack of imagination from the dissenting voices in our fanbase if this cunt is the best they can come up with.

Those clamouring for Mourinho would have clamoured for George Graham back on the day. He’s a dinosaur. A has been. We need to stick with Poch and back him significantly in January. Just need to scrape through the CL group and try not to be completely adrift in the Top 4 battle.

The more I rewatch the games the more it feels that Poch has been found out. He never was a tactical mastermind, but it looks like his mojo players like Kane Son Dele kept his seasons alive and working. There is work ethic, there is fitness and there is press. But all of these depends on a team that is willing to put in 100% in every scenario. Both at Southampton and here his tactics needed those wonder players and the wide players that made the team tick. None of this is happening. It like watching the gooners under Wenger doing those retarded short passes and never crossing long. Everybody knew it was outdated but they kept doing it.
We were 1 goal down and we keep the ball at Toby and Vert to find the pass.....

Opposition teams literally ignore Aurier and dont even track back for him, thats how slow he is on the ball when he gets it. Best thing that can happen is a lucky cross.

Feels like he got lucky and inhereted and team that peaked with Kane Son Eriksen Toby Verts Dele Dembele. Nothing that we bought under him came to fruition. So many you players. So many academy players that didnt even get a chance to properly develop. We buy these 'young prospects' and watch the grow up on the bench.

We spent big money on players that will warm the bench for a season.

The more I rewatch the games the more it feels that Poch has been found out. He never was a tactical mastermind, but it looks like his mojo players like Kane Son Dele kept his seasons alive and working. There is work ethic, there is fitness and there is press. But all of these depends on a team that is willing to put in 100% in every scenario. Both at Southampton and here his tactics needed those wonder players and the wide players that made the team tick. None of this is happening. It like watching the gooners under Wenger doing those retarded short passes and never crossing long. Everybody knew it was outdated but they kept doing it.
We were 1 goal down and we keep the ball at Toby and Vert to find the pass.....

Opposition teams literally ignore Aurier and dont even track back for him, thats how slow he is on the ball when he gets it. Best thing that can happen is a lucky cross.

Feels like he got lucky and inhereted and team that peaked with Kane Son Eriksen Toby Verts Dele Dembele. Nothing that we bought under him came to fruition. So many you players. So many academy players that didnt even get a chance to properly develop. We buy these 'young prospects' and watch the grow up on the bench.

We spent big money on players that will warm the bench for a season.

Despite the underlined contradiction, let's suppose you're right.....

:gallashmm:

Fuck Mourinho still....

Despite the underlined contradiction, let's suppose you're right.....

:gallashmm:

Fuck Mourinho still....
I agree with you about Dele ( and the fuck Mourinho), but Son and Toby already joined as the finished deal. What I meant about nothing coming to fruition was all the youngsters that we got and never saw a good run of games. Dele is the only young player that started under him and became and instant success by delivering from the start. No other young player had a good run of games. Winks is the second best guess but even with him you can tell that he is just a failing experiment.

We hear this message that we trust and want to use young players but during his management we went from having one of the youngest teams in the league to CBs in their 30s. Poch likes to play it safe. When he finds something that works he runs it raged. He wanted Toby and Wanyama because he worked with them before and it worked.
He likes familiar and he plays a stubborn game. It worked for him so far, but at one point it will catch up to him.
We won so many games over the last few year in the last 5-10minutes simply because we were fit and managed to run their defence mental. We managed to do that because we had the energy and willpower to do it. But some of those late wins papered over cracks.

Back
Top Bottom